Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sing blue silver

Meh. Sergio is just like that. He's an excitable little fella.

from_musings

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Sep 26, 2012, 02:28 PM
He goes a bit over the top compared to the other guys they just say its like friends hanging round making music and jamming where as sergio goes on about the song being organic its good to hes got lots of enthusiasm though probably helps the albums come out faster.

yeah he's pretty enthusiastic. no doubt that's a good thing when making records, probably spreads to the other guys, they get energy from it. but the music is made, i'm talking about what you say about it in interviews.. maybe a person can be hyped without sounding pretentious? not a big thing... it really is a big contrast to the other members who are more down to earth though. imagine steph speaking like that, that would be weird

Bifrost

Quote from: from_musings on Sep 26, 2012, 02:14 PM
in part II when sergio compares making songs on koi no yokan - to life, the way he did it - was it a little too much/over the top for you guys? like "huh? it's just some guys in a studio putting power chords in an certain order and then a dude sings a melody to it" ...or did it make perfect sense?

I thought it was awesome... the whole conversation was really cool, I think Sergio was explaining what the deftones always try to do but he was just more articulate than the rest of the band, you can see Chino wants to talk but then just starts listening himself when they are talking about Romantic Dreams

from_musings

i have nothing against deep people, ppl who are passionate about their art, or want to hype up an album etc... but there is a border when it can go over to the ridiculous. I'm not saying he did pass it necessarily, I just know that I reacted to his speech and wondered if anyone else did react to it. he was pushing that border though :)   but yeah,both part 1 and 2 were good stuff i think

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Sergio would definitely b ann oying for me to hang around to long. Tries way too hard, lol. Sounds really feminine too
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

Shadow46/2

Man you guys are straight up dicks. Let's not forget that without Vega there would likely be no band anymore.
An personally i find his interviews the most insightful. Not just a bunch of "you know, you know, it's dynamic, you know."

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

dictatesofreason

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Sep 26, 2012, 10:49 PM
Man you guys are straight up dicks. Let's not forget that without Vega there would likely be no band anymore.
An personally i find his interviews the most insightful. Not just a bunch of "you know, you know, it's dynamic, you know."
[/size]
thats why i care less when an interview comes out its pretty much the same stuff, which in the bands defense they are prolly tired of the damn interviews anyways

shoop

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Sep 26, 2012, 10:38 PM
Sergio would definitely b ann oying for me to hang around to long. Tries way too hard, lol. Sounds really feminine too
Who cares. What has he done yet that's wrong to you? Why are you taking personal shots at him too lol. Why not mention all the GOOD he's done, like help keep this band alive and kicking. That seems a lot more notable to me?? Cmon sonnnn! You'd kick it with him all the damn time and shoot the shit if you had a chance, don't even kid yourself. It's pretty soulless to be annoyed by ones passion in my opinion.

normsteez

May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

sing blue silver

Agreed. I'm a fan. It's unfortunate that he's in the band for obvious reasons but I've really grown to respect him and see him as more than a stand in. He could and never will really replace Chi as the true Deftones bass player but his passion and excitement get me excited too. I'm very thankful that he stepped up to the plate. I mean nobody is going to say no to being in this band but he's gone above and beyond the call of duty. Just an all around likeable guy. Was a pleasure to meet him.

bewareofrats

Yeah, it's great everything Sergio has done.  He seems like a great fit and brings a chemistry, energy to the band.  I enjoy hearing what he has to say in interviews.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

TheShade1989

in part II when sergio compares making songs on koi no yokan - to life, the way he did it - was it a little too much/over the top for you guys? like "huh? it's just some guys in a studio putting power chords in an certain order and then a dude sings a melody to it" ...or did it make perfect sense?

It was over-the-top in how he spoke about it, but I thought it was kwl, it's obvious he's passionate about the whole thing and is enjoying it. I think it's just his personality, he always seems happy and hyped up and excited, so if that's how he is naturally, I dont think he should ever tone it down for other ppl's sake.

Inkblades

Personally, I don't think he was over the top enough. He should have pushed Chino offscreen and then started hyperventilating while loudly yelling about how making music is similar to being sucked into a happy vortex.

Cropduster

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Sep 26, 2012, 10:38 PMSounds really feminine too

What's wrong with that?!   ???

Thought it was a great interview, nice to see some fucking passion...
How many days did it take man to create God?

from_musings

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Sep 27, 2012, 02:07 AM

It was over-the-top in how he spoke about it, but I thought it was kwl, it's obvious he's passionate about the whole thing and is enjoying it. I think it's just his personality, he always seems happy and hyped up and excited, so if that's how he is naturally, I dont think he should ever tone it down for other ppl's sake.

good answer.and thanks for taking your time on this trivial matter. i think i'm ready to move on now

RoyalDeftonicBoy

New Interview

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=180029

Not saying a lot,just the meaning of the name CD,the single coming up in the future weeks,Eros scrapped and that is it.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: Cropduster on Sep 27, 2012, 06:02 AM
Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Sep 26, 2012, 10:38 PMSounds really feminine too

What's wrong with that?!   ???

Thought it was a great interview, nice to see some fucking passion...
Sorry forgot to add that he does do a better job in interviews as far as giving details and thorough descriptions to us. I just kinda agree w some that he is too much w the intellectual bullshit for myself. Guess I'm stupid bc I know that ones coming from one of u next, lol HE'S ANNOYING TO ME.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: shoop on Sep 26, 2012, 11:28 PM
Who cares. What has he done yet that's wrong to you? Why are you taking personal shots at him too lol. Why not mention all the GOOD he's done, like help keep this band alive and kicking. That seems a lot more notable to me?? Cmon sonnnn! You'd kick it with him all the damn time and shoot the shit if you had a chance, don't even kid yourself. It's pretty soulless to be annoyed by ones passion in my opinion.
omg, I was so mean. Im thankful for Sergio, I just simply stated that he's a nerd ok? chill holmes, Im not a cold shell. And I HAVE praised him a whole lot on his musical efforts if u wanna dig.......not like everyone here takes worse shots at each other, lol. So bc he's Sergio frkn Vega, he's untouchable from me saying its annoying how elaborate his responses to questions are? SORRY yall. Ill make it up to u sometime in the future.Was it that bad? read it again And no I wldnt kick it with him if he wasn't in Deftones right now either.

TheShade1989

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Sep 27, 2012, 11:19 PM
Quote from: shoop on Sep 26, 2012, 11:28 PM
omg, I was so mean. Im thankful for Sergio, I just simply stated that he's a nerd ok? chill holmes, Im not a cold shell. And I HAVE praised him a whole lot on his musical efforts if u wanna dig.......not like everyone here takes worse shots at each other, lol. So bc he's Sergio frkn Vega, he's untouchable from me saying its annoying how elaborate his responses to questions are? SORRY yall. Ill make it up to u sometime in the future.Was it that bad? read it again And no I wldnt kick it with him if he wasn't in Deftones right now either.

Noone's attacking you lol it's not like we're all insulting you for speaking your opinion, just that responding with another opinion is how conversation works. He does seem like a bit of a nerd, but I like that, it's better than one-word answers. Plus, he seems like a nice, friendly guy, so at least he's not an asshole.