Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

My favorite part of that interview with Chino and Sergio was when the interviewer asked Sergio a question about bass, so Chino passes the mic to him. The interviewer asks another question which Chino looks excited to answer, so he quickly grabs the mic back from Sergio. But then Sergio blurts an answer anyway before Chino gets a word out, so Chino ends up giving the mic back to him.

Martin

Just saw the Crave Online interview again, and could this time hear it...awesome, I'm really excited about this new album!

from_musings

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Sep 27, 2012, 11:15 PM
HE'S ANNOYING TO ME.

well... that's your opinion... and on this forum you should be able to say so without ppl losing their shit. however, personally it's not so much about him being annoying or not. it's if he's good to have in interviews or not (interview thread,ok?) I can understand that sergio's energy is contagious, especially if the other bandmembers are bored in interviews. he could be like a breeze of fresh air. many ppl are saying sergio has a lot of  "passion", and I like to see my favorite artists being passionate about their music, and that they care about what they do. so passion itself is good,but it's about what you do with it and how you handle that passion.

the danger in interviews could be that it can become too far-fetched, too often - if this is the way he always is. and if it's not making any sense,after a while you will only listen to sergio being sergio, a guy who just likes to ramble in big words and huge metaphors no matter what the question is,it becomes a spectacle that leaves the questions unanswered - it's not about info anymore.it's all about sounding fancy. if he always keeps on saying that everything is super good in these ways,then his answers will become a show without substance, and you will know even before he answers a question that there will be a positive far exaggerated response, but all we want is info. "chill dude it's just who he is" . yes i agree, let everyone be who they are. really. but is he good for interviews?

maybe he's always like this. like if chino and vega would be at mcdonalds and chino asked him how the cheeseburger was,sergio would probably say something like "the bread on top is like heaven,the seeds on it are like stars on the night sky, the bread at the bottom is like hell, and the meat in the middle is the earth.. so when they all meet in my belly it's like getting the whole universe within me in just a few bites.. i'm becoming one with the universe"
maybe it's a "passionate" answer, but it could also be seen as a silly answer. because: it's just a goddamn cheeseburger. some questions requires simple straight forward answers, that means when the big answers come, they will be more credible, and we will embrace those answers more if there is more of a balance. anyway, it's just interviews, i'm happy that deftones seem so happy with his company/making music with him, and that's what's important. i think i'm ready to move on now

beansandcornbread

Quote from: from_musings on Sep 28, 2012, 04:29 PM
Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Sep 27, 2012, 11:15 PM
HE'S ANNOYING TO ME.

well... that's your opinion... and on this forum you should be able to say so without ppl losing their shit. however, personally it's not so much about him being annoying or not. it's if he's good to have in interviews or not (interview thread,ok?) I can understand that sergio's energy is contagious, especially if the other bandmembers are bored in interviews. he could be like a breeze of fresh air. many ppl are saying sergio has a lot of  "passion", and I like to see my favorite artists being passionate about their music, and that they care about what they do. so passion itself is good,but it's about what you do with it and how you handle that passion.

the danger in interviews could be that it can become too far-fetched, too often - if this is the way he always is. and if it's not making any sense,after a while you will only listen to sergio being sergio, a guy who just likes to ramble in big words and huge metaphors no matter what the question is,it becomes a spectacle that leaves the questions unanswered - it's not about info anymore.it's all about sounding fancy. if he always keeps on saying that everything is super good in these ways,then his answers will become a show without substance, and you will know even before he answers a question that there will be a positive far exaggerated response, but all we want is info. "chill dude it's just who he is" . yes i agree, let everyone be who they are. really. but is he good for interviews?

maybe he's always like this. like if chino and vega would be at mcdonalds and chino asked him how the cheeseburger was,sergio would probably say something like "the bread on top is like heaven,the seeds on it are like stars on the night sky, the bread at the bottom is like hell, and the meat in the middle is the earth.. so when they all meet in my belly it's like getting the whole universe within me in just a few bites.. i'm becoming one with the universe"
maybe it's a "passionate" answer, but it could also be seen as a silly answer. because: it's just a goddamn cheeseburger. some questions requires simple straight forward answers, that means when the big answers come, they will be more credible, and we will embrace those answers more if there is more of a balance. anyway, it's just interviews, i'm happy that deftones seem so happy with his company/making music with him, and that's what's important. i think i'm ready to move on now

Or maybe he likes to over-analyze things.

from_musings

hehe... this is a discussion board for over analyzing fans though ;) he's a working man in a business

from_musings

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 27, 2012, 11:55 PM
My favorite part of that interview with Chino and Sergio was when the interviewer asked Sergio a question about bass, so Chino passes the mic to him. The interviewer asks another question which Chino looks excited to answer, so he quickly grabs the mic back from Sergio. But then Sergio blurts an answer anyway before Chino gets a word out, so Chino ends up giving the mic back to him.

yeah i was bummed out about that too. let chino talk when it's his turn you know.

anyway, i'm ready to move on now

Inkblades

You were bummed out about it? I thought it was hilarious.

Shadow46/2

It seems to me like a lot of musicians do this. Makes sense, you should be excited about the art you made.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

xToxin

Why do people keep asking about the album title meaning? Can't they read about this shit. I just wonder if they're really fans.

from_musings

i can see how it could be a nice little ice breaker to start of a long koi no yokan interview, like the part 1,2 interview.
but recently, when they had a 3 minute interview with abe and frank, they talked about the title for like 2 minutes.
didn't like it

kurtone

Quote from: xToxin on Sep 28, 2012, 07:10 PM
Why do people keep asking about the album title meaning? Can't they read about this shit. I just wonder if they're really fans.

I've often wondered if interviewers do any kind of research before an interview. It gets old hearing "can you give us an update on chi?" And "will we hear anything from Eros?"

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Sep 27, 2012, 11:31 PM
Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Sep 27, 2012, 11:19 PM
Quote from: shoop on Sep 26, 2012, 11:28 PM
Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Sep 26, 2012, 10:38 PM
Sergio would definitely b ann oying for me to hang around to long. Tries way too hard, lol. Sounds really feminine too
Who cares. What has he done yet that's wrong to you? Why are you taking personal shots at him too lol. Why not mention all the GOOD he's done, like help keep this band alive and kicking. That seems a lot more notable to me?? Cmon sonnnn! You'd kick it with him all the damn time and shoot the shit if you had a chance, don't even kid yourself. It's pretty soulless to be annoyed by ones passion in my opinion.
omg, I was so mean. Im thankful for Sergio, I just simply stated that he's a nerd ok? chill holmes, Im not a cold shell. And I HAVE praised him a whole lot on his musical efforts if u wanna dig.......not like everyone here takes worse shots at each other, lol. So bc he's Sergio frkn Vega, he's untouchable from me saying its annoying how elaborate his responses to questions are? SORRY yall. Ill make it up to u sometime in the future.Was it that bad? read it again And no I wldnt kick it with him if he wasn't in Deftones right now either.

Noone's attacking you lol it's not like we're all insulting you for speaking your opinion, just that responding with another opinion is how conversation works. He does seem like a bit of a nerd, but I like that, it's better than one-word answers. Plus, he seems like a nice, friendly guy, so at least he's not an asshole.
holy shit, u have an opinion too. omgawd moving on now
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

from_musings

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Sep 28, 2012, 06:27 PM
Makes sense, you should be excited about the fart you made.

LOOOOOOOOOL

rocketskates

sing blue silver

Working title for leathers was layers of ash. Glad they changed that.

TheShade1989

Tempest is described as dark. I like that.

sing blue silver

Yeah but sometimes interviewers use that loosely. It can't be too dark if the label wanted it to be the leading single.

vinsanity

Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!