Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scatterbrain

Right on man.we know what's going on,I'm sure it hurts everytime someone brings it up.asking bout it has to be a downer by now.
im me and thats all ill ever be

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

NicholasHume

I think Stef looks the coolest in each picture, if that matters at all - I love the comment someone made a couple weeks ago about photo #4, saying that Stef looked like the Undertaker.

rock_n_frost

They all look terrible..
Sergio & Abe is beyond joke
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

M1GHTY M4VS

Shadow46/2

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

from_musings

Quote from: sing blue silver on Oct 26, 2012, 07:30 PM
Props to chino for not wanting to do dubstep shit again.

i dunno.. i guess"props to him" would fit better if he said no to a lot of money if he thought the style of music was shit to him.he's not poor and doesn't have to do this.in this interview he sounds like a guy who puts money over art without any hesitation.. and i'm sure a lot of ppl deep down don't like to picture their favourite artists reasoning this way.but if he has done it, i'm glad he's honest about it. personally i don't mind this that much.but they should've put vocals on the two extra tracks and release a special edition kny record out there, a lot of ppl would buy both. at least finish 1 of them

DeftonesNZ

end of the day its his job and he has a family to support can't afford to turn down good money.

from_musings

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Oct 27, 2012, 10:06 AM
end of the day its his job and he has a family to support can't afford to turn down good money.

yeah maybe the leauge of shadows has stolen his fingerprints and made several bad investments in his name so he's bankrubt and has to do anything for money.do you think chino will be able to prove fraud?

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 27, 2012, 11:45 AM
Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Oct 27, 2012, 10:06 AM

yeah maybe the leauge of shadows has stolen his fingerprints and made several bad investments in his name so he's bankrubt and has to do anything for money.do you think chino will be able to prove fraud?
Its been two years since DE came out and they haven't toured they're not that loaded they have a mortgage too regardless i know hes not broke but hes not going to turn down good money for little work. by the way you have some of the lamest jokes ever

from_musings

not that much a joke, more a way of pointing out that something big and spectacular must have happened if he has lost his entire fortune he has gotten during the many years as a famous rock star (in several bands). He already called himself a rich during an around the fur era interview. so what happened to his money? just admit using his name and vocals in music he hates for money isn't an admirable thing to do

DeftonesNZ

They aren't that rich look on oneloveforchi chi's ex talks about how everyone thinks the guys were rich but because of the long time between albums they struggled sometimes she said at one point child services wanted her to pay child support to Chi.

N0S3BLEED976

Does Vega have a lip pearcing or is that a scar? What the fuck is wrong with his mouth?

from_musings

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Oct 27, 2012, 12:12 PM
They aren't that rich look on oneloveforchi chi's ex talks about how everyone thinks the guys were rich but because of the long time between albums they struggled sometimes she said at one point child services wanted her to pay child support to Chi.

yeah maybe we can talk about chi some other time. chino though, called himself rich after releasing and touring 2 records.
his own words about himself. and then releasing and touring 4 more records after that statement, i would guess he's richer today than in 97/98 when he called himself rich. why not? the've got a bigger fanbase and bigger crowds today.
no offence, but you come off as a stereotypical fanboy trying to justify anything they do. "if chino doesn't sing this shitty song his kids will starve to death, he has to"  ::) no, his family is fine, he could dodge this song and do something else that he enjoys and can get behind.
i think chino has a lot of money but just wanted some more this time. and although it could be irritating than he chose money over his image, doing a style he hates, i'm ok with it. just don't say "mad respect" or "props" when he does it, that's what's a little upsetting

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 27, 2012, 02:41 PM

yeah maybe we can talk about chi some other time. chino though, called himself rich after releasing and touring 2 records.
his own words about himself. and then releasing and touring 4 more records after that statement, i would guess he's richer today than in 97/98 when he called himself rich. why not? the've got a bigger fanbase and bigger crowds today.
no offence, but you come off as a stereotypical fanboy trying to justify anything they do. "if chino doesn't sing this shitty song his kids will starve to death, he has to"  ::) no, his family is fine, he could dodge this song and do something else that he enjoys and can get behind.
i think chino has a lot of money but just wanted some more this time. and although it could be irritating than he chose money over his image, doing a style he hates, i'm ok with it. just don't say "mad respect" or "props" when he does it, that's what's a little upsetting
I know the video your are talking about and i am pretty sure he was joking also they didn't release snw until four years after self titled and racked up huge studio bills plus he went through a divorce chances are she took a good portion.I don't justify everything he does it just pisses me off how armchair critics like you sit their and say "I wouldn't of done that , that's selling out" the music industry is a business aswell and i never said he was poor but if the moneys there you're going to take it.I never congratulated him for but i can understand his reasoning i can see what you are saying i wish he hadn't done it but he's probably turned down lots of dumb shit (can't remember there was some shitty movie that wanted to use a deftones song) he's allowed to cash in occasionally lol

gui

I don't believe chino is rich, but neither that he is struggling. It's kinda selling out to do a collaboration just for the money, but i could care less as long as deftones don't write music just to be able to play on the radio.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: gui on Oct 27, 2012, 02:52 PM
I don't believe chino is rich, but neither that he is struggling. It's kinda selling out to do a collaboration just for the money, but i could care less as long as deftones don't write music just to be able to play on the radio.
I guess its all about balance lol he does some stuff he doesn't like so he can do what he loves but perhaps doesn't pay well

Gee

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Oct 27, 2012, 08:44 AM
They all look terrible..
Sergio & Abe is beyond joke

I kind of agree, the black/white one looks ok.

And I like what they tried to do with Abe and Stef on the second one, but it looks fake.

And Chino, drop the rock-star attitude.

What ? Yeah, who gives a rats rats rats' ass anyway.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

only pieces remain

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Oct 27, 2012, 02:47 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Oct 27, 2012, 02:41 PM

I know the video your are talking about and i am pretty sure he was joking also they didn't release snw until four years after self titled and racked up huge studio bills plus he went through a divorce chances are she took a good portion.I don't justify everything he does it just pisses me off how armchair critics like you sit their and say "I wouldn't of done that , that's selling out" the music industry is a business aswell and i never said he was poor but if the moneys there you're going to take it.I never congratulated him for but i can understand his reasoning i can see what you are saying i wish he hadn't done it but he's probably turned down lots of dumb shit (can't remember there was some shitty movie that wanted to use a deftones song) he's allowed to cash in occasionally lol

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/rock-stars/chino-moreno-net-worth/