Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pony_01

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 29, 2012, 02:56 PM

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Oct 29, 2012, 01:43 PM
Quote from: bojosoto on Oct 29, 2012, 01:39 PM
They definitely have not sold out. And I don't think the money thing is an issue at all for them. Chino has an estimated net worth of $15 million.
Yeah my whole point was they should be able to use their skills to make the good money when its available even if its not something they fully enjoy,and they should be able to do it with out being labelled sellouts when clearly they're not. Music is just like any other business.

no, that wasn't your "whole point"point, THESE were your points

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Oct 27, 2012, 12:12 PM
They aren't that rich look on oneloveforchi chi's ex talks about how everyone thinks the guys were rich but because of the long time between albums they struggled sometimes she said at one point child services wanted her to pay child support to Chi.

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Oct 27, 2012, 10:06 AM
end of the day its his job and he has a family to support can't afford to turn down good money.

you meant he couldn't turn down the offer because he and his family are poor. jeez, you've got a memory of a gold fish.

oh btw, here's more sellout talk by chino:

http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=M-J9YFkQE_k&p=n#/477;500

so we got bts, bassnectar, and handsomeboy modeling school. all done for money.
i wouldn't call chino a 100% sell out, but it's dumb to make it seem he doesn't ever sacrifice his artistic integrity for money. only a delusional fanboy could try

lol people had right to get rich and sellout. chill the fuck out man.

iceache

Whooooooo fuckingggggg caresssssssssss

from_musings

Quote from: pony_01 on Oct 29, 2012, 03:04 PM
lol people had right to get rich and sellout. chill the fuck out man.

i've already said it three times, i'm fine with chino doing some sellout stuff. there,that's the fourth time.
it's these fanboys that use every single desperate argument they can think of, to make it seem chino or deftones never done some sellout shit that i think are funny. just look at deftonesnz, he can't even keep his stories straight, they change til the point that they contradict themselves. this wouldn't happen if he had a personal opinion of his own. instead, he changes his mind and arguments along the way, because defending deftones no matter what  - always comes first

Quote from: iceache on Oct 29, 2012, 03:20 PM
Whooooooo fuckingggggg caresssssssssss

not any more bullshit than in the kny thread. this place is a disaster since the noob invasion  ;D

Sett

Sell out will be if Deftones make featuring with Kanye West or something like that. I don't really see the problem with Chino recording vocals for songs he doesn't really like as long as Deftones remain true.

As to the income, I've read somewhere that Randy Blythe from Lamb of God is making 200k per year. It was in the news in regards of his arrest - his bail was based on his official income for a year - 200k. I can imagine Chino doing at least double then that.

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

from_musings

Quote from: Sett on Oct 29, 2012, 03:35 PM
Sell out will be if Deftones make featuring with Kanye West or something like that.

"Selling out, the act of compromising one's perceived principles for economic gain"

"sell·out. a person who compromises his or her personal values, integrity, talent, or the like, for money or personal advancement."

chino has done this. also deftones as a group (bts).
sorry, doesn't say anything about "kanye or something like that".
it's cute that you make up your own little meanings for the word and all,but there's already a definition of it

deftoolsys07

But keep in mind if they hadn't done BTS the label could have dropped them or something, and this is back in the days where you really couldn't be independent. Not that easily anyway... And it's only one fucking song. They didn't make the whole album like that. Not only that I bet some people do like BTS. It's not like it's that far of a stretch from other Deftones songs... they still made it sound like them. And when they were done with that song, they went back to making bad ass shit.. And let's keep in mind they still released White Pony without it. I still have that album, it's actually the only copy of it I still have, with Boys Republic at the end. So no, I don't think they sold out.
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

kckondor

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 29, 2012, 04:04 PM
Quote from: Sett on Oct 29, 2012, 03:35 PM
Sell out will be if Deftones make featuring with Kanye West or something like that.

"Selling out, the act of compromising one's perceived principles for economic gain"

"sell·out. a person who compromises his or her personal values, integrity, talent, or the like, for money or personal advancement."

chino has done this. also deftones as a group (bts).
sorry, doesn't say anything about "kanye or something like that".
it's cute that you make up your own little meanings for the word and all,but there's already a definition of it

Fine but what is your point?  You are harping on this implying that you think its crappy of him, but then say you don't care.  So which is it?  And if you don't care then you are just trolling. 

from_musings

it isn't admirable of him, but (for the fifth time) i'm ok with it. the thing here isn't a stab at chino, it's a stab at the fanboys.chino isn't a complete sellout or anything, but he's done some minor sell out things, (open your eyes everyone) i can't believe how everyone is so afraid to admit this. he's done so much great stuff, so him doing some sell out shit on the side - can't ever come near the amout of great stuff he's done. i just wish that everyone could be a confident fan of him and admit when he does something greedy.ppl don't have to live in denial,ppl don't have to lie to themselves(or anyone else) that this hasn't happen. just be a mature realist about it and face the real world, he's still kwl. 

Jerry_Curls

People make music to make money. Period. They signed onto a major label to make money. People are in bands because they want that form of "art" to make them some money.

Chino made some money, yes, on those side tracks, but he did not, as your definition describes, compromise his personal values, integrity, or talent. It's not greedy to want to make money, its called SURVIVING. He's doing his job and that is to make music. You know what from_musings...you don't know what goes on his mind so get over it this argument. It's silly.

Please and thank you.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

from_musings

we're talking about him doing songs he hates for money, and that ppl can't call that by it's right name. it's mainly about the bassnectar and handesome boy modeling school songs... do you mean that he wouldn't "survive" if he didn't do those two songs?

kurtone

Why dont we just say the whole band is a bunch of fucking sell outs, they did appear in that Crow movie.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

nineteen

No such thing as selling out. It's all in the mind of a fan.

Any pictures, interviews or magazine scans rather than a discussion about making money?

Playhouse

Who fucking cares. He sung on some shitty songs, and got heaps of money. Get over it.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

i heart Chino. I  heart Deftones. So  do u Musings and u will buy KNY and like it too. Prob bitch about it too but if u didn't u would b selling out.  ;D
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

sing blue silver

The fact that this conversation is even happening makes me hate this place a little bit more. Calling someone a "sell out" or debating if they have "sold out" is an antiquated notion really it just gets redundant. Nobody will ever agree because you all have different perceptions of what "selling out" is. I probably won't read any replies to this comment. PEACE!

rock_n_frost

Quote from: sing blue silver on Oct 29, 2012, 11:31 PM
The fact that this conversation is even happening makes me hate this place a little bit more. Calling someone a "sell out" or debating if they have "sold out" is an antiquated notion really it just gets redundant. Nobody will ever agree because you all have different perceptions of what "selling out" is. I probably won't read any replies to this comment. PEACE!
Two girls who are my GF's friends want to make threesome with you? Are you in, pal?
One girl is Japanese and one is blondie..
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Playhouse