Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

pianos become the teeth

Started by wither-I, Jul 25, 2010, 04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Paint Your Lips

Yeah, great band, been listening to 'em for quite some time now. Hope they release Old Pride on vinyl soon.

Vesanic

The instrumentals are really great, seriously. But these vocals, I just can't get used to them. Too much yelling. A bit is okay, but all the time ? Too much in my opinion. For that kind of songs at least.

ben

wither-I

Quote from: ben on Jul 25, 2010, 03:42 PM
envy is better

envy are no doubt pioneers. the music is brilliant. and even though the vocal differences are subtle, they are tremendous. there is just something about the pitch, flow, and "production" of envy's vocals i just cant stand. ive listened to them in full, over and again, but i just cringe when the dude screams.

i think its mainly the volume (production) of the screams. they are just too loud over the music. if they were backgrounded like what "gifts from enola" do with their singing parts, i could listen.

have you listened to "suffocate for fuck sake"? theyre pretty incredible.

SUPERDARK 

Paint Your Lips

Are you guys whining about screaming vocals? - Maybe you shouldn't listen to punk.

Vesanic

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Jul 25, 2010, 07:24 PM
Are you guys whining about screaming vocals? - Maybe you shouldn't listen to punk.

I'm not " whining " about them. Damn, dude, I listen to Deftones, WTF ? I just say there is too much, in my opinion. Or maybe, as wither-I suggested, they're just too loud during the whole song.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 26, 2010, 02:49 PM
Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Jul 25, 2010, 07:24 PM
I'm not " whining " about them. Damn, dude, I listen to Deftones, WTF ? I just say there is too much, in my opinion. Or maybe, as wither-I suggested, they're just too loud during the whole song.

Try these releases instead, less screaming:
Britney Spears - Oops!... I Did It Again
Black Eyed Peas - Elephunk

These are just off the top of my head, but I can probably name more later. Cheers, mate.

ben

Why are you being such a dick?  Those responses are idiotic.

Vesanic

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Jul 26, 2010, 08:38 PM
Try these releases instead, less screaming:
Britney Spears - Oops!... I Did It Again
Black Eyed Peas - Elephunk

These are just off the top of my head, but I can probably name more later. Cheers, mate.

And try to get some brains, idiot.

Cheers, mate.

Quote from: ben on Jul 26, 2010, 10:27 PM
Why are you being such a dick?  Those responses are idiotic.

Hell, at least, I'm not crazy. Thanks, dude.

wither-I

lyrics are beautiful.

"pensive"

The first man saw his scope
Making lists, he asked "will it look like this tomorrow?"
Excuse you, behoove you to live a spiders life and "clean up nice"
Placate away, placate away and grow up tame
Tonight I saw what I'll never be, old men walking and the reveries badgering me
My longevity lays in my feet,
I'm counting fridays on calendars
I'm seeing signs in my yellow teeth
I do my best thinking while driving but now
I have to wear glasses and they've been doing roadwork for years
Its funny how towns never lose their smells
Its funny how now I scythe and scowl about missing this house
You can learn to live without anyone, you just cant live with the re-runs
I'm ready to let my hair down, I'm ready to move to the woods until the floor boards get raspy, I'm ready, I'm ready
Sometimes I wish I could stop scratching at my wheals, scratching at the heels of my sneaks

Vesanic

Sushi-X

What the fuck is this shit?! I mean screaming vocals can be good if they are done right. But man this guy sounds like he's still going through puberty. I'll give them props on their sound bu dear god, get a better vocalist!

Rocket Skates '94

theis

Quote from: Sushi-X on Jul 28, 2010, 08:13 PM
What the fuck is this shit?! I mean screaming vocals can be good if they are done right. But man this guy sounds like he's still going through puberty. I'll give them props on their sound bu dear god, get a better vocalist!

Paint Your Lips

Punk songs are NOT supposed to uphold some sort og standard when it comes to screaming vocals. They are screaming vocals for crying out loud.They are raw, pure, and most importantly, not watered down in an expensive studio. Most emotional hardcore bands have the vocals buried deep in the mix, and PBTT haven't, which is a welcome change in my honest opinion.

Listen to what the music IS, not what is ISN'T.

wither-I

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Aug 04, 2010, 03:23 PM
Punk songs are NOT supposed to uphold some sort og standard when it comes to screaming vocals. They are screaming vocals for crying out loud.They are raw, pure, and most importantly, not watered down in an expensive studio. Most emotional hardcore bands have the vocals buried deep in the mix, and PBTT haven't, which is a welcome change in my honest opinion.

Listen to what the music IS, not what is ISN'T.

yeah i hate polished  screaming/growling..

the rawness. listening to this guy scream is like hearing a true (fit of the moment) breaking at an apex. like he's actually in the throes of something terrible and anguishing. it sounds true and it breaks. words seep and they are beautiful.

old pride is a stellar album

wither-I

this band is the best ever. you cannot deny it. if you try you are only hurting your own throat. your teeth will swell and hurt. your gums may bleed into the back of your throat while you sleep.

NEW song on their myspace called "new normal"

http://www.myspace.com/pianosbecometheteeth

Vesanic

That song I was talking about last year grew on me, I dig the vocals way more now. Don't know what happened in my mind in between... But oh well.

I still think that a melodic touch wouldn't have been too much in those vocals, but anyway, I dig them now.

wither-I

they are insanely talented. and passionate. i can barely breathe when i listen to them sometimes. they are what i love most about music.

Vesanic

I only know that song to be honest, so I'll have to check out some more. Any suggestion ?