Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

need ideas for a tattoo... also have a couple pics i drew on windows paint

Started by 7t9cobra, Dec 21, 2010, 09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

7t9cobra

I'm going to get a deftones tat here in a month or two and I'm unsure about what i want. I want it on my left shoulder blade and I want it fairly small (4x4" or so) My first idea was the outline of the horse. The more i thought about it the more i don't want to explain why I have a horse on my shoulder when I'm out swimming. But, I also don't care about them haha  Sooo.. I'm still indecisive. My next thought was get "Be Quiet and Drive" across the top of my back. It would have to be in the same font as the "deftones" logo. BTW, Anyone know the name of that font? I also tossed around the idea of a few lyrics of one of my favorite deftones songs. Honestly, I would say one of my favorite songs is Mx, but I don't think there are a lot of lyrics from that song that I would want on my back. Be Quiet and Drive fits me well, because I have a serious addiction to cars, streetbikes and speed in general. I'm just not too sure. I want to do something catchy and clean, but not to drastic. I hope I'm making sense  ;D  

Anyway, here are a couple drawings I did in windows paint. They're nothing real outstanding, It was just late and I was bored.
This one obviously isn't finished.

If your screen is adjusted right, you can see a couple Mx lyrics   That's a sillouette of a girl BTW. Couple people I showed, didn't see it. I thought I made it pretty obvious, but apparently not.

No, this car does not exsist. This came from my head and I wanted to draw it out

wheresmysnare

Re. fonts...

scroll to bottom of this page:

http://www.deftonesworld.com/goodies.htm

Where you have the black background are you going to actually ink out areas of your body to create the solid back ground blacks etc?

Quote from: 7t9cobra on Dec 21, 2010, 09:54 AM
I'm going to get a deftones tat here in a month or two and I'm unsure about what i want. I want it on my left shoulder blade and I want it fairly small (4x4" or so) My first idea was the outline of the horse. The more i thought about it the more i don't want to explain why I have a horse on my shoulder when I'm out swimming. But, I also don't care about them haha  Sooo.. I'm still indecisive. My next thought was get "Be Quiet and Drive" across the top of my back. It would have to be in the same font as the "deftones" logo. BTW, Anyone know the name of that font? I also tossed around the idea of a few lyrics of one of my favorite deftones songs. Honestly, I would say one of my favorite songs is Mx, but I don't think there are a lot of lyrics from that song that I would want on my back. Be Quiet and Drive fits me well, because I have a serious addiction to cars, streetbikes and speed in general. I'm just not too sure. I want to do something catchy and clean, but not to drastic. I hope I'm making sense  ;D 

Anyway, here are a couple drawings I did in windows paint. They're nothing real outstanding, It was just late and I was bored.
This one obviously isn't finished.

If your screen is adjusted right, you can see a couple Mx lyrics   That's a sillouette of a girl BTW. Couple people I showed, didn't see it. I thought I made it pretty obvious, but apparently not.

No, this car does not exsist. This came from my head and I wanted to draw it out

7t9cobra

thanks for the fonts! Those pics have nothng to do with my tat. I was just bored on paint and decided to post them up. 

Jacob

I say don't get a tat until you're absolutely sure and there's no doubt about what or where. personally I wouldn't do any text, especially nothing longer than a word or two. there's always a risk for misspelling. and as for the horse, about a 3rd of the Deftones fanbase has a tattoo of it. well, either that or the skull. or the star.

you're right in one thing: people will ask you why and what it's about. getting a tattoo isn't only marking your body with something you like. it's adding something to your identity that people will see as part of you, whether they appreciate it or not.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

7t9cobra

I agree. I won't be getting it for a few months. I've been tossing the horse idea around for a couple years. I still think it would be cool, but I'm sure I'll be sick of hearing people ask why I have a horse on my back. Especially by my family when we're partying out on the lakes. I really like the skull with roses, but I'm not sure how you could make it work on the back of my shoulder without it in a rectangular shape. i was thinking maybe the roses could fade out or maybe the roses could be done simpler and in a way you blend them out. anyone understand what I'm saying?  ;D

one weak

i would rethink this. this just looks like a bad tattoo waiting to happen.