Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Dead Space 2 - Dead Island

Started by BigMood, Feb 18, 2011, 05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMood

Did anyone play Dead Space 2 or have seen the newest trailer for Dead Island? Dead Island - Trailer 2 (HD)

I love the zombie-theme, though in Dead Space it were "Necromorphs" and much more dangerous than your normal zombie.

I didn't play Dead Space, but my bf did and I watched. I have to say, compared to the first one it was kinda boring. I mean, you were used to seeing the "dead ones" and the story wasn't also that much different. The game didn't suck but I think the first part was acutally pretty good/perfect and now they couldn't really change that much or try new things. I really think they shouldn't make a third one, except with a complete new stories and more different and new monsters.

Also I've seen the trailer for Dead Island and I was really stoked. Even if the game won't have the same quality but I really do like zombies and it reminds me of "The Walking Dead", which I really, really like. Anyone else?
"Dude, I totally pulled a Chino Moreno on her last night."

lostpilot

I've seen the trailer.
Fell in love.

Plus I love survival games.

BigMood

Quote from: lostpilot on Feb 18, 2011, 05:56 PM
I've seen the trailer.
Fell in love.

Plus I love survival games.

And I love watching them :D

bright lights, big city

I'm a total sucker for that music being played over drama in video games/movies/Lost.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

BigMood

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 18, 2011, 09:47 PM
I'm a total sucker for that music being played over drama in video games/movies/Lost.

haha i'm just quoting you ^^. i know it really creates a fucking atmosphere you cannot escape. oh man...

Crazylegs

I haven't got dead space 2 yet, i don't have a very good tv or sound system in my apartment , so i think i'll wait til summer when i'm in my old room home at my moms with my bad ass setup. I can't play games like this on a shitbox tv and no surround. Don't you agree?

BigMood

Quote from: Crazylegs on Feb 19, 2011, 12:09 AM
I haven't got dead space 2 yet, i don't have a very good tv or sound system in my apartment , so i think i'll wait til summer when i'm in my old room home at my moms with my bad ass setup. I can't play games like this on a shitbox tv and no surround. Don't you agree?

Sushi-X

Dead Space 1 and 2 are rucking amazing. They blend the original RE games survival horror elements with RE4's shooting mechanics.

And I like how its not another zombie game.

Rocket Skates '94

lostpilot

Sushi-X

Hahhaa yeah I just noticed after I posted. I'm using the mobile site of SL and it doesn't have a Modify option =\

Rocket Skates '94

bright lights, big city

So this Dead Island game is already going to be made into a movie. That was fast. Either way, I still say as far as video game trailers go, this is the best I've seen since the Gears of War 2 with Devotchka.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I've been playing Dead Space 2.Pretty fucking awesome game.
Now that game Dead Island for me is kinda meh,dont get me wrong I like survival games kinda Silent Hill or Resident Evil but I dunno that trailer didnt make much for me.

Sushi-X

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Feb 23, 2011, 08:54 AM
I've been playing Dead Space 2.Pretty fucking awesome game.
Now that game Dead Island for me is kinda meh,dont get me wrong I like survival games kinda Silent Hill or Resident Evil but I dunno that trailer didnt make much for me.

I know what you mean. I think zombie games are getting stale already. Combined with it being a FPS, it's just like "eh" for me

Rocket Skates '94

bright lights, big city

well what I've heard about this game is that it's supposed to have serious RPG elements in an open world game. And yes, it's first person, but again what I've read about it says that it's pretty much mostly melee weapons. I'm hoping it's got some similarities to Fallout 3.

But anything RPG hasn't really been done before in zombie games, so I'm still cautiously optimistic, considering the developer's past games (Call of Juarez = *fart noise*)
DERP