Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Who are your idols/ influences?

Started by BillyNo.9, Feb 24, 2011, 03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyNo.9

Inspirations in life, art, sport, philosophy... Whatever.

lostpilot

a) major influence on my neo-buddhism, anti-materialistic, anti-everthing belief is my ex, though I should call her only Anna, since I am actually gay; therefore she has never been my ex.
b) all artists that use music to create a personal and imitative replication of the universe, the repetitions and everything that is worth saving in this black hole. everyone who can see the beauty/horror/fear/peace/harmony in their art.
c) every single event that happens in my life. everything is important.
d) everyone I meet in my life.
e) every fucking thing.

Variable

You inspire me to want to punch you in the face for making stupid fucking threads.

You're like the AOL chain e-mail of this board. 

lostpilot

Quote from: Variable on Feb 24, 2011, 11:06 AM
You inspire me to want to punch you in the face for making stupid fucking threads.

You're like the AOL chain e-mail of this board. 

I really find it not that stupid. Influences are important - because influences shape completely who we are. I always enjoy people  telling who their influences are because in that context you can either understand how a certain person functions OR you could even share the influence.

So fuck off, soldier :D

Crazylegs

lostpilot

Quote from: Crazylegs on Feb 24, 2011, 07:24 PM
Quote from: lostpilot on Feb 24, 2011, 04:23 AM
I am actually gay.
this i did not know.

this nobody knew. living closeted sucked a lot and caused me lots of emotional trauma. but well, this is the society that we live - crushing one person at a time :)

bright lights, big city

yeah whoa, good for you for coming out. do you at least feel better about yourself these days?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

of course.
Most of my friends know by now.. of course I am not talking about my family because it is an entirely different deal - my father would never accept me while my mother is dropping some hints that she knows. Well, she is my mother anyway. And I am terrified to talk with my brother about it - the thought about losing him over such a matter is tremendously hurtful.

People are taking this fact quite nicely. Of course, I am not back in my country where limited conservatives live, but still, things are sort of okay I guess.

sing blue silver

I am actually gay

hey, how you doin'?  ;)

my main inspiration would be steven wilson. amazing musician, lyricist, producer and all around artist and he's completely self taught. i aspire to have one fourth of the talent of that man. he's really the big one that i look up to.

lostpilot

sing blue silver

Quote from: lostpilot on Feb 24, 2011, 08:28 PM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Feb 24, 2011, 08:24 PM
I am actually gay

hey, how you doin'?  ;)

well hello ;)
lol. I have to hunt though.

i won't be too offended. i have a girlfriend.
also i feel kind of the same sometimes. i'm bi, but i could never tell anyone. my friends are all pretty big homophobes. i'm proud of you though man. take a hell of a lot of courage to just be who you are.

theis

Darius is gay and sing blue silver is bi. This board surprises me every day. I honestly would never have known. But good for you, guys. Huge respect for sharing such personal stuff here.

sing blue silver

hahaha. this is the only place i can really share personal stuff. i don't know anyone here personally so its a bit more safe.

Crazylegs

This thread turned out better than i thought. Darius if you move to iceland and learn their beautiful language, you're basically jonsi.

from_musings

Quote from: Crazylegs on Feb 24, 2011, 10:06 PM
This thread turned out better than i thought

yes but how will it affect the site? maybe ass thread 2 with male buns coming up?

sing blue silver

hahaha. i think not. lady asses are where its at.

lostpilot

I AM JONSI ACTUALLY I JUST HIDE IT.
SIGUR ROS IS MY SIDE PROJECT :D

no really, I mean here people are from various places and they're mostly open-minded. plus you're over a cable. you can't beat me lol :)

from_musings

Deftones-argentina

I think your friends will have no problem D. They'll act a bit weird the first week or two and that's it. I remember when I was 19 , my best friend told me he was bi and our friendship just got better from that point on. They know you as darius the friend, not Darius the gay so it's all good buddy- nobody will take all the nice qualities you have as a person from you. If you ask me, it's not that important to tell your bro. If you don't feel he should know, then he shouldn't. I'm curious though, so what happened you had a hetero life just to cover up and got with girls and stuff?

My everyday inspiration is my brother. He's the one who always trusted in me, no matter how fucked up or wrong I was, he is the only one who always has any hope left for me and always encouraged me to pursue my dreams. Apart from that particular case, I think everybody who just don't buys into human mediocrity and this-is-the-standard-of-how-to-live parameters is an inspiration in its own way (specially artists, of course).
As Geoff Rickly says: "Whatever you do, stay true."

Starz

I saw a post a few days ago Darius by you in the +/- thread where you said "+ Coming out" but I didn't think it meant what we have come to know what that saying means today.

But anyway, congratulations I guess haha :)