Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

4-14-11 Seattle, WA

Started by 7t9cobra, Apr 15, 2011, 10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7t9cobra

Anyone on here go to this other than me? What an amazing show. Me and the girl I was with were holding chinos arm during one of the mellow parts of hexagram when he was singing in our faces. It was such a kickass setlist. Even Maynard showed up to sing passenger!!! Dilinger escape plan was a good show too. This show was worth every penny. It's crazy how agressive the crowd is at first, but once they played sextape, everyone mellowed out and was just rockin out together. Arms around strangers and just having a great time.

Vesanic

It was not Maynard, it was Greg from Dilliger Escape Plan.

Menos el Oso

spiraltune

Deftones sounded really good that night, the videos they use during songs like knife party were trippy.

sing blue silver

Quote from: 7t9cobra on Apr 15, 2011, 10:08 PM
Even Maynard showed up to sing passenger!!!

LAWL!

anyone got any info from how the diamond package thing went if there was one for this date? i just want to know what to expect since it starts so damn early in montreal.

7t9cobra

haha I'm retarded. I should've known but a couple people said maynard, so I assumed. I was wondering why he was dressed fairly normal and sdidn't have the awesome hair haha

garyisgnar

Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 16, 2011, 12:05 AM

LAWL!

anyone got any info from how the diamond package thing went if there was one for this date? i just want to know what to expect since it starts so damn early in montreal.

Yeah.. They check everybody in out front of the venue and hand out laminates to people with the diamond package.. Make sure you have your ID. Then you wait until they are ready to do the soundcheck and they take the group to watch the soundcheck performance.. Which in Seattle was 2 full songs and 3 for one of the ones in Portland. Then they take the people with the black package out, and the diamond package people then do the meet and greet and take pictures. Depending on the venue, you will also get in a half hour early.  they don't allow cameras or photos to be taken during the soundcheck, or anything else to be signed other than the poster they give you.

Vesanic

And what did they play during the soundcheck ? Any rarity ?

sing blue silver

Quote from: garyisgnar on Apr 18, 2011, 08:34 AM

LAWL!

Yeah.. They check everybody in out front of the venue and hand out laminates to people with the diamond package.. Make sure you have your ID. Then you wait until they are ready to do the soundcheck and they take the group to watch the soundcheck performance.. Which in Seattle was 2 full songs and 3 for one of the ones in Portland. Then they take the people with the black package out, and the diamond package people then do the meet and greet and take pictures. Depending on the venue, you will also get in a half hour early.  they don't allow cameras or photos to be taken during the soundcheck, or anything else to be signed other than the poster they give you.

bummer that it's so strict. when i did the coheed and cambria meet and greet last year they would sign ANYTHING you wanted. during the meet and greet can you get your own personal pictures with them or is it just the one they do for you and that's all?

garyisgnar

Quote from: sing blue silver on Apr 19, 2011, 02:05 AM

LAWL!

bummer that it's so strict. when i did the coheed and cambria meet and greet last year they would sign ANYTHING you wanted. during the meet and greet can you get your own personal pictures with them or is it just the one they do for you and that's all?

It's just the one they do for you.. This douchey red headed dude from ground control enforces all the rules and takes the pictures and they get uploaded online within 72 hours. I didnt actually do the diamond package this time, but my friend that went to the seattle and portland shows with me did, and I did it back in August when they were in Medford.. Decided then it was not worth the money. The soundcheck and shit it cool, but being told you'll get kicked out after you paid $150 if you take a cell phone pic is lame.

Deathblow Queen

Quote from: garyisgnar on Apr 19, 2011, 05:26 AM

LAWL!

It's just the one they do for you.. This douchey red headed dude from ground control enforces all the rules and takes the pictures and they get uploaded online within 72 hours. I didnt actually do the diamond package this time, but my friend that went to the seattle and portland shows with me did, and I did it back in August when they were in Medford.. Decided then it was not worth the money. The soundcheck and shit it cool, but being told you'll get kicked out after you paid $150 if you take a cell phone pic is lame.

That totally sucks!  so no individual pics with the band members:(  what is the point of a meet and greet then?  At least when I met Aaron Lewis he was so cool and anyone could take pics with him( with their own cameras) and he was happy to do it with every fan. I am so disappointed.  If I would have know this, I wouldn't have even spent the money for the meet and greet.   

garyisgnar

Quote from: Deathblow Queen on Apr 19, 2011, 07:59 AM
Quote from: garyisgnar on Apr 19, 2011, 05:26 AM

LAWL!

That totally sucks!  so no individual pics with the band members:(  what is the point of a meet and greet then?  At least when I met Aaron Lewis he was so cool and anyone could take pics with him( with their own cameras) and he was happy to do it with every fan. I am so disappointed.  If I would have know this, I wouldn't have even spent the money for the meet and greet.   

While I was waiting with my friend for the VIP stuff (we got there an hour 1/2 before it said to for the VIP) we hung out and chatted with Stephen for almost a half hour, and Abe and Sergio stopped by and said hi multiple times while they were wandering in and out of the venue.. And they did a signing in Portland on saturday at a record store and signed anything and everything for everyone who asked, including my guitar and 2 cd's, took pictures, and were super polite to everyone.. I am sure the band has little involvement with the VIP/diamond package stuff.. Seems like record label bullshit to me or something.  Don't be disappointed though, it's still really cool, and you get a nice, high quality picture with the entire band, as well as the soundcheck and stuff. I mean, it lists exactly what you get on the deftonestix website before you buy it...