Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Guilty Pleasures

Started by Make_shift Destiny, May 02, 2011, 07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

black coffee

So what you're saying is you think you're getting too much attention by guys?

That's like telling your boss "You should pay me less, I deserve that" because he never tells you what a good worker you are, only to make the impression that you have low self esteem and need to hear some constructive words ( While in fact you're aware of yourself making a good job )

a.k.a. making a fuss out of nothing

blixa

Quote from: black coffee on May 04, 2011, 10:19 PM
C'mon, no need to criticize yourself. I knew I was rather harsh before, but I think there are a lot of women who don't deserve the least of attention, and on th3 other hand there are a lot of nice and realistic women, who are not over-confident bitches and not always selfish and like "oh, you're talking about some hot chick? You should be talking about me instead!!!11 Cause I'm hawt 4 realz & stuff"

And obviously they're over-weight, have stretch marks, fat thighs and dyed hair to look like something which they're NOT.

i think it just calls into matter the fact that someone you may not find attractive is attractive to other men. i know the women you are speaking about though. i've seen a lot of them. most of them hide behind that sort of behaviour.

i'm butt ugly and i barely behave in a way that shows self-confidence because i hate drawing attention to myself. i spend 90% of the time dressed like a guy. most of the time that allows me to not be hounded by men and sometimes there would be that one guy that follows me out of the pub when it's late and i just want to walk to the station so i can get home. sometimes you don't even have to do anything yet you still have guys following you around.

chick de la lynch

Quote from: black coffee on May 05, 2011, 11:14 AM

That's like telling your boss "You should pay me less, I deserve that" because he never tells you what a good worker you are, only to make the impression that you have low self esteem and need to hear some constructive words ( While in fact you're aware of yourself making a good job )

That's a weak analogy for this particular argument. Doing something at your job is something you can improve upon and requires some sort of talent. Beauty and being physically attractive is an accident of nature. Essentially you're stuck with what mom and dad gave you and some people are just luckier than others. Essentially, the two aren't really comparable at all because one requires work and talent, and the other just requires luck.

You misunderstood what I was trying to say earlier in the thread. I was responding to a statement where you said that I was criticizing myself too harshly, so I expanded  my reasoning as to why I stated I probably get more attention than I deserve. I wasn't making a fuss out of nothing and I definitely was not fishing for a compliment. I'm not as much complaining as I am confused by the male gender (Which is nothing new in my life). Spastic people are usually left alone, so the fact that men don't leave me alone is a mystery all on its own. Like Mariam, I like blending into the background so when I'm noticed I get the deer in the headlights look and spaz out. I don't know too many guys who like painfully shy, awkward, spastic girls except for that one guy who posted on the first page, which I'm pretty sure he's in the minority on that one.

Essentially, I just wanted some light shed on why spastic doesn't turn men off. I probably should have just asked that straight off the bat rather than tip toeing around it.

lukas989

Quote from: chick de la lynch on May 06, 2011, 04:27 AM
Quote from: black coffee on May 05, 2011, 11:14 AM

That's a weak analogy for this particular argument. Doing something at your job is something you can improve upon and requires some sort of talent. Beauty and being physically attractive is an accident of nature. Essentially you're stuck with what mom and dad gave you and some people are just luckier than others. Essentially, the two aren't really comparable at all because one requires work and talent, and the other just requires luck.

You misunderstood what I was trying to say earlier in the thread. I was responding to a statement where you said that I was criticizing myself too harshly, so I expanded  my reasoning as to why I stated I probably get more attention than I deserve. I wasn't making a fuss out of nothing and I definitely was not fishing for a compliment. I'm not as much complaining as I am confused by the male gender (Which is nothing new in my life). Spastic people are usually left alone, so the fact that men don't leave me alone is a mystery all on its own. Like Mariam, I like blending into the background so when I'm noticed I get the deer in the headlights look and spaz out. I don't know too many guys who like painfully shy, awkward, spastic girls except for that one guy who posted on the first page, which I'm pretty sure he's in the minority on that one.

Essentially, I just wanted some light shed on why spastic doesn't turn men off. I probably should have just asked that straight off the bat rather than tip toeing around it.

Id say when the men are the types would describe themselves likewise - common ground is a huge turn on.  If someone out there can detract away from the thought that they are a spaz, then the confidence would undoubtedly grow.  Ive always been a creeper when it comes to women (not a stalker I hasten to add), just I operate best when the company of women is forced upon me (friend of a friend, girl in the workplace), and the magic grows over a period of time.  Walking up to a girl and randomly saying something about plucking the stars from heaven or are you an electrician...I felt a spark between us or whatever is a big big no no.  I flush even at the thought.

Make_shift Destiny

It happened again tonight.

Give her what you know she wants

Make_shift Destiny

God damn. I did it again.
Give her what you know she wants

deftjess

Big Anime fan

just finish watching Blood Plus

of course without no one knowing