Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ryan Dunn died in a car accident

Started by Penicks, Jun 20, 2011, 02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Penicks on Jun 23, 2011, 05:14 PM
of course he was, but why the hell should it somehow prevent us from mourning over his death, especially if lots of us grew up him and he's forever etched into our minds

heck, i was heart broken when chris benoit died and we all know how that went
well said, sir.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

of course he was, but why the hell should it somehow prevent us from mourning over his death, especially if lots of us grew up him and he's forever etched into our minds

I'm not saying he shouldn't be mourned, it's just too bad that his death is overshadowed by a bad mistake. It sucks for his fans and family that he made that choice an it cost his life.

from_musings

a person who brags about driving recklessly,a person who crashes 9 cars, a person who get behind the wheel drunk, and on top of that drives too fast. I don't care what he does to himself but when he starts jeopardising with the lives of others, then there's something else, then he's not as crazy cool anymore.

he could've taken more people to death with him, people who don't have anything to do with his crazy awesome way of life. Should he hit a school bus full with children which led to it ramming into a rock wall for you to see what an idiot he was? hard for me to celebrate such a retard. goooood riddance

Penicks

iceache

Quote from: Penicks on Jun 24, 2011, 01:44 PM
yawn

Penicks is a guy who drinks and drives. only explanation.

from_musings

Quote from: iceache on Jun 24, 2011, 02:22 PM
Quote from: Penicks on Jun 24, 2011, 01:44 PM
yawn

Penicks is a guy who drinks and drives. only explanation.

could be. or another theory just because penicks can't talk for himself:  penicks is normal in the head, a decent good guy - who usually think it's wrong to drink n drive.giving those people a lot of shit for it. it's just that, now, the drunk driver is someone who's good at putting toy cars up his ass in front of a camera for a living, which penick think is like soo funniez, so penicks immediately starts off with the mourning insted of reflecting on what's right and wrong here.and therefore kinda making a fool out of himself because he then think it's bigger and more important to focus on being good at putting toy cars up one's ass insted of focusing on being a death missile out on the road. but like i said, just a theory

lukas989

Its obvious drink driving is a really stupid thing to do...but you're getting a little biblical here arent you?  Goood riddance?  And the sinner shall burn in he'yell!!!   The guy was funny and people will miss his funnyness.   Just because theyre sad to see him go doesnt mean they condone drink driving you fucking maniac.

from_musings

Quote from: lukas989 on Jun 24, 2011, 08:58 PM
Its obvious drink driving is a really stupid thing to do
yeah i know so what's the problem?

but you're getting a little biblical here arent you?  Goood riddance?
oh yeah that thing.yeah good riddance, do you think it's the first time that he got behind the wheel drunk and drove like an idiot? lulz. better him dead now than anyone else later. like ice said "menace".

The guy was funny and people will miss his funnyness
sorry but you can't decide what's funny or not as long as you like fat boring ginger guy

Just because theyre sad to see him go doesnt mean they condone drink driving you fucking maniac.

well, the thing is - some seem to tolerate it,cause those some says nothing at all about it, just that it's sad that he died.it's written everywhere that he drank and drove too fast, which led to his death. at that point,to just go on and ONLY talk about how sad it is that he died, not mentioning the drinking and driving thing, IS to tolerate it in silence.the absent of it just glows in bright lights.

anyway,we're still waiting for penicks to answer. we think he might think drinkin and drivin is a rad thing to do

Oldnewtype

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jun 24, 2011, 11:28 AM

I'm not saying he shouldn't be mourned, it's just too bad that his death is overshadowed by a bad mistake.

Weclome to america retard.

sing blue silver

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Jun 25, 2011, 06:00 AM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Jun 24, 2011, 11:28 AM

I'm not saying he shouldn't be mourned, it's just too bad that his death is overshadowed by a bad mistake.

Weclome to america retard.

lukas989

Quote from: from_musings on Jun 24, 2011, 10:54 PM
Its obvious drink driving is a really stupid thing to do
yeah i know so what's the problem?

There isnt a problem.

but you're getting a little biblical here arent you?  Goood riddance?
oh yeah that thing.yeah good riddance, do you think it's the first time that he got behind the wheel drunk and drove like an idiot? lulz. better him dead now than anyone else later. like ice said "menace".

I dont know man - who knows what he got up to?  I dont as a general rule think 'good riddance' in these sorts of scenarios.

sorry but you can't decide what's funny or not as long as you like fat boring ginger guy

Im not deciding that - its an opinion some people have, and the reason they miss him - mainly because they didnt know him outside of Jackass.  The Jackass stuff was stuff they did which was filmed, where all the dialogue was stuff they meant and improvised, giving people a good insight into his vibe and character.  Some people liked that.  Maybe its just me - but I dont instantly wish pain suffering, death or any other bad stuff on someone because they fucked up.  If he went out and murdered someone, I'd be like 'Woah, I misjudged him,'  but Id still be confused by it.  The fact is, he didnt murder someone - if an innocent person had died, Id think he was an idiot, but I wouldnt think hes better off dead or anything.  And it wouldnt tarnish the view Id have on the person he had been up to that point.  People fuck up.   The upshot here is that we have a different sense of humour.  You think mine is shit, and by golly I think yours is shit.  To me you come off as a cold blooded nazi.  All this 'you dont get to...' stuff - its all a bit regimented.  From your output, my thoughts are, are that you're the kind of guy who laughs whilst beating animals, thinks guns and war is great and would view public executions as a family day out.  Wrong or not, I work with the material you provide me.  Just as I do you.  Basic premise is, is that its unlikely we'd skip gaily through a meadow laughing and giggling together.

Just because theyre sad to see him go doesnt mean they condone drink driving you fucking maniac.

well, the thing is - some seem to tolerate it,cause those some says nothing at all about it, just that it's sad that he died.it's written everywhere that he drank and drove too fast, which led to his death. at that point,to just go on and ONLY talk about how sad it is that he died, not mentioning the drinking and driving thing, IS to tolerate it in silence.the absent of it just glows in bright lights.

anyway,we're still waiting for penicks to answer. we think he might think drinkin and drivin is a rad thing to do

I didnt see anything he said relating to thinking drink driving was cool.

blixa

i haven't driven drunk before, but i've had a beer and driven. i don't know anyone who hasn't done that before. when i was out with my work mates last time they were bragging about driving drunk and how it was ok for me to have another beer "for the road". it's the mentality of most people in their 20's unfortunately. i'm a slow sipper so while my friends are on their third beer i'm still on my first.

if you ask most people, they would say they've had a beer or two and driven home.

from_musings

I have to elaborate a little on that, I was actually referring to that louis ck guy, that as long as you appreciate him, you're not allowed to express your opinions about what is funny or not. disqualified from the start so to say. (take it as serious as you want)

i just don't like idiots who put others'lives at risk without those other persons permission.but now he won't be of any danger to anyone anymore and that's a good thing. i'm sure most people agree with me if we would put a regular joe in his place. but the fact that this guy's somewhat known
seems to be some kind of mitigating circumstance to many. not to me. that is all

lukas989

I know you meant that man, thats why I was banging on about different senses of humour and all that shite.

from_musings

it struck me, that since you like ginger beard guys like louis ck and ryan dunn, maybe you are a ginger beard guy yourself and because of that - if someone takes a stab at them, that person also takes a stab at you and you have to defend your people.maybe that's what's it all about, but I don't have time to sit here and think about that because i have to comb my hitler mustache and go strangle a cat

poofing acid

Quote from: lukas989 on Jun 25, 2011, 11:30 AM

Im not deciding that - its an opinion some people have, and the reason they miss him - mainly because they didnt know him outside of Jackass.  The Jackass stuff was stuff they did which was filmed, where all the dialogue was stuff they meant and improvised, giving people a good insight into his vibe and character.  Some people liked that.  Maybe its just me - but I dont instantly wish pain suffering, death or any other bad stuff on someone because they fucked up.  If he went out and murdered someone, I'd be like 'Woah, I misjudged him,'  but Id still be confused by it.  The fact is, he didnt murder someone - if an innocent person had died, Id think he was an idiot, but I wouldnt think hes better off dead or anything.  And it wouldnt tarnish the view Id have on the person he had been up to that point.  People fuck up.   The upshot here is that we have a different sense of humour.  You think mine is shit, and by golly I think yours is shit.  To me you come off as a cold blooded nazi.  All this 'you dont get to...' stuff - its all a bit regimented.  From your output, my thoughts are, are that you're the kind of guy who laughs whilst beating animals, thinks guns and war is great and would view public executions as a family day out.  Wrong or not, I work with the material you provide me.  Just as I do you.  Basic premise is, is that its unlikely we'd skip gaily through a meadow laughing and giggling together.

He did murder someone.  Well, manslaughter.

BillyNo.9

Quote from: from_musings on Jun 25, 2011, 05:07 PM
it struck me, that since you like ginger beard guys like louis ck and ryan dunn, maybe you are a ginger beard guy yourself and because of that - if someone takes a stab at them, that person also takes a stab at you and you have to defend your people.

Stupid theory. I got the irony at the end but still, dumb.

from_musings

just hold it for a minute billy boy.do you really know what's ironic and what isn't there? What if the first part was irony and the latter was not?
What if everything in it is irony, or what if nothing was? perhaps your conclusion is the stupid theory?

BillyNo.9

If the first part is irony, then yes, Luke sticking up for Ryan Dunn cuz he's he may be ginger = dumb theory.
If everything in there was irony then the post was a bit pointless
If nothing in there was irony shave that moustache and drop the cat  -.-

I agree with you on this, Ryan Dunn is a bad person who had it coming.

from_musings

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Jun 25, 2011, 05:38 PM
If everything in there was irony then the post was a bit pointless

NO WAY  :o