Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Killing

Started by lukas989, Aug 07, 2011, 03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukas989

Im a bit surprised someone hasnt mentioned it - 4(ish) episodes in now here in the uk, and really getting into it.  It reminds me in ways of a few shows - premise-wise like Twin Peaks (the whole 'Who killed Laura Palmer/Rosie Larsen angle), main character-wise like the movie Se7en (the dynamics of Holder and Lindens relationship being similar to that of Morgan and Brads - the silent thinker coupled with the brash cocky upstart) as well as the dark cinematics (such as the constant rain).  Scandinavia is really coming to the fore with there contributions to on screen entertainment (this being based on a Finnish original), what with this and Steig Larsens Millenium - funnily enough, the guy who plays Linden is in the US version of ...Dragon Tattoo.  Must have friends in high Scandinavian places.

theis

Quote from: lukas989 on Aug 07, 2011, 03:57 PM
(this being based on a Finnish original)

Danish original, actually.

lukas989

Yeah...apologies - I think I was in the twilight zone there.

lithium

Save yourself some time and stop watching it now.
💩

bright lights, big city

Quote from: lithium on Aug 07, 2011, 10:42 PM
Save yourself some time and stop watching it now.
The truth. I think I mentioned it in the TV thread when it started. I had high hopes, and kept raising my hopes as the season went on. Holder was great, I liked all the acting, and the atmosphere of Seattle. I stuck with it, even with all the red herrings throughout the season. But the season finale pulled some major bullshit that was inexcusable. A travesty. We can only warn you, but I know you're going to keep watching it, especially if you already got hooked.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lukas989

Man....thats a fucking bummer indeed.