Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The lyrics to Lhabia

Started by FNatt, Nov 27, 2011, 06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FNatt

I am doing some deftones lyrics videos with all of their songs (my youtube channel is AnnaEsteCangur, if anyone's interested), and I can't seem to find the right lyrics for that part where he sings whisper-ish and non-intelligible (at 0:25, and later on again).
Can someone tell me a good deftones lyrics site (besides deftones world, as the lyrics to Lhabia from there don't seem to make any sense)
Thank you in advance to anyone.

bodywars9000

Good fucking luck. I asked this before also, honestly i don't think anyone really knows the full set. Some is obvious, some can be guessed at, but really i don't even care anymore, still one of my fave all time tracks.....every once in a while i get excited when i see someone say they know the lyrics, or post them in utube vids, but then i read them and they're obviously wrong. It's fuckin' cryptic.

Sorry not to be of any help, but if magically the lyrics are deciphered, that would really surprise me.

My idea would be to do a group consensus. anyone real into the song prolly figured out some lyrics (other than the incomplete fragments from the atf booklet), so mebbe with enough ppl we could get pretty close.

either that, or someone's gotta ask Chino.... which he most likey wouldn't answer. That is, if HE even remembers exactly what he's saying.

To tell you the truth, at this point, i prefer not knowing. Gives me somethin to do when i'm listening to it, and keeps it subjective.
The lyrics that i can make out and am certain of are fucking awesome though imo. Not saying that i'm not curious, again, good luck.

"buttercup comin through the fog" -wtf?! awesome.

deftoolsys07

didn't he write the lyrics on a napkin once for someone here? or something like that?
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

pony_01

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Nov 28, 2011, 01:39 AM
didn't he write the lyrics on a napkin once for someone here? or something like that?

do you mean 'can't even breath'??

deftoolsys07

Quote from: pony_01 on Nov 28, 2011, 04:40 AM
Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Nov 28, 2011, 01:39 AM

do you mean 'can't even breath'??

yeah i guess that was it.

and even if the lyrics were in the booklet for Lhabia they still would be wrong. I know it's already assumed that the lyrics in the booklets are wrong, but I remember chino telling me, at least when SNW first came out, that the lyrics for SNW were all wrong... i wish they had more say so over that kind of shit because it totally changes the way you interpret the song...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

guarnoplo

how about this try, actually a comment on the author of this thread's video

• I make a plan just to get you back, your bored doing, what a girl do, wanna watch you, you think again, deep within, keep it deep inside while i serenade, buttercup, and its a bad curse and what you need to do is bury it, down slow again and how we'll do it again and again to make the best of a simple thing to be like this, bound, coming through the FOG!!

• bleed within like the girl that can make 'em turn, don't want to go, but i want it, too much blood, to my stomach its because its sick, past by you break the bands between us now, i can dare to go but never what your scared to do, what you get is never what you want to get, now to pray your sigh is over like a doped drug, like a voice well at least you fucking CARE!!

• burn god down, starts to stir again, fucking heretic, I've opened up this for me, like to stare up, I'll stack the bricks down, hurt you doing much, working around to, i can punch it through it, though the hair sticks, don't wanna hurt you, just to fuck you, I'm out of time so I'll let you rest this time, I'll rely on me and still you will be FINE!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcI914sM2wQ&lc=z12jtpe4wzy0gpykf22qcjuybweuwn1z404

defTHE1s

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Nov 28, 2011, 06:34 AM
i wish they had more say so over that kind of shit because it totally changes the way you interpret the song...
Totally agree.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...