Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

What's your New Year's Resolution?

Started by snw9, Dec 14, 2011, 01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snw9

Dear Sharing Lungs users,

Happy holidays and hope you all enjoy it, wet and cold or dry and sunny, depending on where you are... ;D

So anyone have any New year's resolutions or something to look forward to for the new year?
Code: [Select]

poofing acid

I'll probably keep with tradition and get a new user name next year.

bright lights, big city

I want to shart only once per month next year.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

alvarezbassist17

I resolve to be ever more fervent in my defense and explanation of Liberty.

But if that fails, I resolve to move to fucking Canada or some shit.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Dec 14, 2011, 10:17 PM

Are you stoked that Ron Paul is getting some attention now?
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

get a new job. i'm sick of being abused by customers on a regular basis.

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

blixa

i'm thinking of becoming a librarian. it's a good ~serious~ job. that way i can do my art on the side.

snw9

Quote from: blixa on Dec 15, 2011, 07:58 AM
get a new job. i'm sick of being abused by customers on a regular basis.

that's my resolution too, a new job. Good luck to ya
Code: [Select]

pissedandpierced

I'm gonna cut up my bank card so I can't blow money on random crap. Everything is done by direct debit and I know my card number so I can do my food shop online and if I need cash I will have to make the effort and go into the bank.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 15, 2011, 02:26 AM
Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Dec 14, 2011, 10:17 PM

Are you stoked that Ron Paul is getting some attention now?

Dude, absolutely.  It was pretty inevitable, given the intensity of his supporters and how fucking piss-poor the other candidates are, but I couldn't be happier how his campaign has been going lately.  I mean shit, Chuck Norris even endorsed him.  Have you had a chance to give him a look at all?

bright lights, big city

Yeah I've always had a respect toward him. It's kind of amazing that he's really the only Republican without any major flaws (like no experience, adultery, Mormonism). I hope he gets the nomination.

But in general right now, I'm apathetic on the subject of politics. It's just tiring. Having a democratic president and a republican house is getting us nowhere.
DERP

tarkil

QuoteI mean shit, Chuck Norris even endorsed him.

Ha ha, awesome! I (obviously) am not following the republican race very closely, but from the little I read, the other candidates look like they're fucking nut jobs! And with incredibly shitty ideas too... I'm amazed that they even managed to make it where they are to be honest...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Oldnewtype

I LOVE the crowd response he got after loudcapping Bachmann last night.

My new year's resolution is to quit playing music with bands that are going nowhere and focus on playing music with people determined and capable of being successful.

BillyNo.9

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Dec 16, 2011, 03:14 PM
My new year's resolution is to quit playing music with bands that are going nowhere and focus on playing music with people determined and capable of being successful.

Amen

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 16, 2011, 01:22 AM
Yeah I've always had a respect toward him. It's kind of amazing that he's really the only Republican without any major flaws (like no experience, adultery, Mormonism). I hope he gets the nomination.

But in general right now, I'm apathetic on the subject of politics. It's just tiring. Having a democratic president and a republican house is getting us nowhere.

What I find most tiring about politics is all of the personality and lack of focus on the issues, and that's why I love Ron Paul so much.  He just sticks to the issues that he's been warning about for years and years.  But I'd like even more gridlock than we have right now if they're only going to be going in the direction of more government. 

But this really could be the most exciting time in recent history.  I'm currently trying to figure out what country I could move to as a backup plan.

Quote from: tarkil on Dec 16, 2011, 01:50 AM
QuoteI mean shit, Chuck Norris even endorsed him.

Ha ha, awesome! I (obviously) am not following the republican race very closely, but from the little I read, the other candidates look like they're fucking nut jobs! And with incredibly shitty ideas too... I'm amazed that they even managed to make it where they are to be honest...

Dude, that IS the Republican party.  Gingrich and Romney are the left end of the party and Bachmann and Santorum are the right end.  That's as wide as the spectrum of opinion of Republicans gets.  That's why it's so interesting and awesome that Ron Paul, with his Libertarian tendencies (which you can really just call Constitutional Conservative) is doing so well, because he is against the established politicians of both parties.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Im gonna try to get a place with my girlfriend and also try to go back to college to win even more money.