Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

PALMS [new Chino Moreno side project]

Started by luisch, Apr 25, 2012, 03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwenudo

Quote from: scarywindow on Apr 30, 2013, 02:39 PM
Quote from: luisch on Apr 30, 2013, 04:48 AM
Yup, June 25th, tomorrow will be released a first single

where did you come about that art?  is that the single artwork?  as far as i knew, the real artwork was on the Ipecac site (which i linked to)... and for fucks sake, where is this track?  i'm dying here ;)  i can't wait for this record.  like i said, i haven't been this excited for a release by those involved since White Pony and Panopticon. i'm ready for some soul-soothing Palms.  <3

Palms posted this pic on their twitter yesterday .. and chances are this single were getting will be released at 12 .. im just here waiting patiently like you .. need me some palms right now!!! -.-
Was it like it seemed?...

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

chuckles

esperando aqui sentadito con un cafe y cigarrillo en mano...
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

nicklav

gwenudo

Just waiting in class .. dammit palms please hurry .. the suspense kills me

scarywindow

Quote from: nicklav on Apr 30, 2013, 04:02 PM
Two hours guys.

lol.  just 2 more hours.

it leaks in just twoooooo more hoursssss.....

Inkblades

July 10th - Belly Up Tavern, Solana Beach, CA
July 11th - The Observatory, Santa Ana, CA
July 12th - Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA
July 13th - Slim's, San Francisco, CA

luisch

scarywindow

scarywindow

anyone have the ability to rip it yet?  i am on my laptop, and don't have what i need to rip it properly.  any takers? 

gwenudo

Someone please rip it.. i cant listen to it on my phone.. luis!? Anybody?!

N0S3BLEED976

My first impression: meh.

Very dissonant with cringe-inducing vocals by Chino. Not beautiful at all...

luisch

Quote from: scarywindow on Apr 30, 2013, 07:24 PM
anyone have the ability to rip it yet?  i am on my laptop, and don't have what i need to rip it properly.  any takers? 

I can, but I'm on air now (work in a radio station) wait and in 20 minutes you will have it.

Deadradio

Bifrost

I dig it but I think Tropics was better- I'm looking forward to this album

I want to go see them in Solana Beach  8)

scarywindow

Quote from: luisch on Apr 30, 2013, 07:27 PM
Quote from: scarywindow on Apr 30, 2013, 07:24 PM

I can, but I'm on air now (work in a radio station) wait and in 20 minutes you will have it.
quoted the wrong post.  my bad.  but thank you so much, man.  i wish i could rip it right now, but alas.  and the original post in response to this being 'meh'...:  My God, I feel the complete opposite.  This almost makes me wish Chino would just concentrate on Palms from now on.  Both songs blow away any of Koi No Yokan or Crosses, in my humble opinion.  I'm amazed.

Bifrost

i like that album art too, looks sweet

shoop

scarywindow

N0S3BLEED976

The instruments are pretty good. Especially the drums from Aaron have a nice beat and the guitars are good as well. I guess Chino kind of ruins it for me. Maybe it's his new style of singing or the production on his vocals. I don't know, but those stretched, crooned vocals are so penetrant and annoingly high pitched. I already had problems with some of Chino's vocals on Koi No Yokan, like on Graphic Nature. It's the same thing. High pitched crooning that feel like they'll pearce your ear drums every moment. I kind of miss how Chino used to sing on Diamond Eyes. His vocals on songs like You've Seen The Butcher were so sexy!