Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

PALMS [new Chino Moreno side project]

Started by luisch, Apr 25, 2012, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luisch

DEFTONES & ISIS MEMBERS FORM NEW BAND PALMS, SET ALBUM RELEASE

The music world just got a little heavier with the arrival of Palms, a newly formed Los Angeles based quartet featuring three former members of ISIS (Aaron Harris, Clifford Meyer and Jeff Caxide) with Deftones' vocalist Chino Moreno.

"Clifford, Jeff and I started Palms a little over a year ago out of a desire to continue making music together after ISIS ended," explained Harris.  "Chino joined shortly after and our sound took shape from there.  We've worked really hard on this first release and are excited for people to hear it.  It's nice to be back behind the drum kit, and with this line up."

"Being a huge ISIS fan I've always dug the moods these dudes convey with their sound," added Moreno.   "I am excited to combine my sense of creativity with theirs, and to have fun doing so."

Palms' debut album will be issued by ISIS' former label, Ipecac Recordings, and is slated for a 2012 release with a release date to be announced soon. The album was recorded and mixed by Harris, and produced by Palms.

Palms is Jeff Caxide (bass/keyboards), Aaron Harris (drums), Clifford Meyer (guitar/keyboards) and Chino Moreno (vocals).

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2012/04/deftones-isis-members-form-new-band-palms-set-album-release/
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Vesanic

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Deadradio

iceache

Crazylegs

theis

tarkil

OMG, just saw that on Internet !!! There's a potential for this to be fucking amazing......... I really cannot wait !!

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

sir madrid

Sett

There is no fucking way this won't be absolutely awesome. Damn, I am even more excited to hear this then a new Deftones record !

asshole

I love me some Vinyl.

Follow Me under #Adamogreat
Your Lucky Your Kinda Cute.. Taste Like Juicy Fruit...

deftjess

Quote from: iceache on Apr 25, 2012, 06:48 PM
Well that was a well kept secret.

agree, heard not one thing of this until now.

Inkblades

iceache

Album must be coming soon if they're announcing a release date soon.

tarkil

Quote from: Sett on Apr 25, 2012, 07:09 PM
There is no fucking way this won't be absolutely awesome. Damn, I am even more excited to hear this then a new Deftones record !

I would say that me too.... Damn I just wanna hear a demo or something now !!!!!!!

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Inkblades

The craziest part about this news is it's not even like "The Isis guys and I have been talking about perhaps doing a project together." It's "The Isis guys and I have a new band and the album is coming soon."

So, in 2012, a new Deftones album, more Crosses and now this, too? Again, let me reiterate: mind = blown.

If he's being this productive, maybe we will actually get a Team Sleep album by next year. Maybe.

Jacob

sounds like an absolutely fantastic idea.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

Quote from: Sett on Apr 25, 2012, 07:09 PM
Damn, I am even more excited to hear this then a new Deftones record !

Easily.

Vesanic

from_musings

i'm sure this will sound great, how can it not. but i'm beginning to think of chino more of a guest singer in various bands than the frontman of deftones. he's like a slutty girl who puts out to everyone who's interested.and those girls usually don't get much respect,that's how i see it can't help it. but it's all good because ppl are more interested in chino as a singer than the band deftones (the mix of steph and chino) so these new side projects that pop up every other week will continue to please everyone. work that booty girl