Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

PALMS [new Chino Moreno side project]

Started by luisch, Apr 25, 2012, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bza々

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Oct 16, 2012, 06:04 PM
to bad all you people who believe that are idiots

"too" bad you're naive enough to think you know 100% it won't.

dictatesofreason

niteridet

Quote from: RollerDerby on Sep 15, 2012, 11:12 AM
Quote from: dictatesofreason on Sep 15, 2012, 04:11 AM
i think its just progress and growth on Chino's part, he's learned new ways to write and has developed HIS own way of making music aside from all the deftones stuff he's done, in the early years he was more or less sequestered away in the "deftones area", but now as technology and and stuff has advanced (not mention getting older and garnering wisdom)he can do more of what he likes musicly; and though they seems to be two different styles TS and crosses are in fact both part of Chino's signature style of musical genius-just and two different points in time.

well said.
♫   ni†eride†   ♪

Velvet Tongue

actually really looking forward to this.

check out my music journal at www.o-discordia.blogspot.com

Inkblades

So, I was reading the newest Kerrang and Chino talked a little about Palms. He said it was "very cinematic" and that one song was like "three Deftones songs at once, with changing levels of intensity" or something to that effect.

wither-I

HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS UNTIL JUST NOW?!

i guess thats what i get for disappearing from the forum for so long

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Slacker

Quote from: wither-I on Nov 11, 2012, 07:09 PM

this

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: wither-I on Nov 11, 2012, 07:09 PM

Miss yew...
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Playhouse

So i wonder if this is going to be crosses pt.2

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Playhouse on Nov 19, 2012, 10:06 AM
I actually wouldn't mind that but i doubt it especially when you look at Isis's style Chino has said its not just Isis with him singing but i doubt they can abandon all of their sound

Playhouse

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 19, 2012, 10:15 AM
Quote from: Playhouse on Nov 19, 2012, 10:06 AM
I actually wouldn't mind that but i doubt it especially when you look at Isis's style Chino has said its not just Isis with him singing but i doubt they can abandon all of their sound
I dont mind either way as well.

DeftonesNZ

for some reason i feel like Chino will let loose a bit ,i'm thinking lots of screams with a lot less polished vocals i keep thinking it'll be a bit like self titled

Slacker

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 19, 2012, 10:28 AM
for some reason i feel like Chino will let loose a bit ,i'm thinking lots of screams with a lot less polished vocals i keep thinking it'll be a bit like self titled

i agree

bewareofrats

I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment.  I don't know why you think he'd scream more in this than with Deftones.  I think there will be little to no screaming.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

DeftonesNZ

I am not setting my self up for disappointment i like it when he sings softly just as much as when he screams, i just think the reason he does side projects is so he can do music different to what Deftones are doing and Chino writes to the instrumentals most of the time so if the instrumentals are heavy and aggressive he will write heavy and aggressive vocals and judging by the people involved it will be heavy i just don't think he would do another side project that does music like his other projects what would be the point.

bewareofrats

You could be right but I don't think it will be that heavy.  Didn't they say this was the softest music the Isis members have made or something along those lines?
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: bewareofrats on Nov 20, 2012, 06:56 AM
You could be right but I don't think it will be that heavy.  Didn't they say this was the softest music the Isis members have made or something along those lines?
No Chino said it's not just going to be Isis with him singing but he says lots of things that don't come true lol

deftoolsys07

Don't forget there was a tiny snippet in a youtube video a while back, and it sounded like crosses... no vocals at that point though...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

therealdaebat

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Nov 20, 2012, 09:43 PM
Don't forget there was a tiny snippet in a youtube video a while back, and it sounded like crosses... no vocals at that point though...

Link?
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones