[New song]
Tropics
Mission Sunset
Future Warrior
Shortwave Radio
Antarctic Handshake
Patagonia

you always find the best pics :)

If that was a "new" song then mehhhhhh... sounds like a soundcheck jam that made its way to the set. It doesn't go anywhere at all unlike most of the music they have made so far.
I'm sure that show kicked ass though. Hopefully the guy who recorded this is the guy who recorded a whole show from the same venue last year.

DeftonesNZ

Also its kind of weird seeing Chino with a hat on seems like he hasn't worn one in years must be trying to get back into that teamsleep mood lol

DeftonesNZ

N0S3BLEED976

Adam Jones is a legend. There's nothing more to say about it other than it's great to see him collaborating with them. Who knows, perhaps he even makes an appearance on their next album. Doesn't seem unlikely to me since he already collaborated with Isis for a couple of songs.

Also, I hope hope hope that the unknown song was indeed a new song. It sounds fantastic!

DeftonesNZ

You never know all the Tool guys have a bit of spare time at the moment apparantly they're having their rehersal space renovated and revamped so Danny said they're not able to get together to work on Tool stuff for a while so theres no reason why Adam couldn't work with them for a bit, would be sweet if it did happen his playing has a erieness that works really well with Palms style.

honeybeewu

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Sep 23, 2014, 04:13 AM
Here's a better version of that possibly new song, maybe a cover but sounds like an original either way I really like it  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBfCGH9JQ0

Not sure what that song is but damn I like it. 4:20 :::screeeeeech:::   !!!!!  Damn I hope they come out east soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luisch

2014-09-22 - Troubadour, Santa Mónica, CA

Setlist

[New song]
Tropics
Mission Sunset
Future Warrior
Shortwave Radio w/ Adam Jones of TOOL
Antarctic Handshake
--
Patagonia

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

jaypayton

the album got such bad reviews and is nothing compared to the mighty Isis...surprised Chino hasnt buried this by now

III

Well its not for everyone. But music shouldnt be buried. Its a special thing.
Quote from: jaypayton on Sep 24, 2014, 07:23 AM
the album got such bad reviews and is nothing compared to the mighty Isis...surprised Chino hasnt buried this by now

Inkblades

The album didn't get bad reviews. It has a 72 on Metacritic, which is generally favorable. It probably is my least favorite Chino album, but that's mostly do to lackluster production. I have hope that their next album will be better.

scarywindow

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 24, 2014, 10:26 PM
The album didn't get bad reviews. It has a 72 on Metacritic, which is generally favorable. It probably is my least favorite Chino album, but that's mostly do to lackluster production. I have hope that their next album will be better.

The album got fine reviews... and I have to say - in all honesty - Palms is the best thing that Chino has been a part of since White Pony.  Just my opinion, but I love the first record, have super high hopes for the next one, and judging by the videos of the new live shows - they are turning into a tight live band as well.  Long live Palms.

kurtone

Quote from: scarywindow on Sep 25, 2014, 02:07 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 24, 2014, 10:26 PM

The album got fine reviews... and I have to say - in all honesty - Palms is the best thing that Chino has been a part of since White Pony.  Just my opinion, but I love the first record, have super high hopes for the next one, and judging by the videos of the new live shows - they are turning into a tight live band as well.  Long live Palms.

I'd take a new Palms album over anything. I know everyone is stoked on the return of Team Sleep but I'm more excited for more Palms stuff.

luisch

beansandcornbread

XJohnnyX

Going on saturday, who been playing before them?

DeftonesNZ

is it Boyfrndz? it was either crosses or palms they're suppourting

N0S3BLEED976

Crosses > Palms > Team Sleep for me :)

N0S3BLEED976

So has anybody found out what the new song is called? I bet someone must have gotten their hands on a setlist and can hook us up

luisch

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Sep 26, 2014, 01:28 PM
So has anybody found out what the new song is called? I bet someone must have gotten their hands on a setlist and can hook us up

I ask to Aaron Harris about the name and he told me 'is "New" for now', so apparently no have a name yet.