Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

RIP Derek Moore

Started by ignore the fashion, May 22, 2012, 09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignore the fashion

I am not sure how many people here knew him or knew who he was but I just wanted to inform anyone who might have known him from this board. About 3 months ago Derek Moore, he posted here as Derek79, passed away at the young age of 33 from a sudden illness. Even though I never met him in real life he was a great guy and die hard Deftones fan. I knew him online for at least 10 years and talked to him all the time. I was informed of his illness a few weeks prior to his passing from his wife. It sucks to have lost someone I considered a friend and a fellow Deftones fan. Rest in peace Derek you will be missed.

His wife set up this website but I am not sure if it is viewable to everyone.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/derekmoore

Crazylegs

Vesanic

I remember I had talked with him because he had seen Pink Maggit live and I was fairly curious. Other than that, he was always very nice in his posts in general, he seemed like a fairly nice guy and a faithful fan. Second loss on SL, isn't it?

RIP Derek.

ignore the fashion

I first met Derek when I got into trading bootlegs and over the years did numerous trades with. I can't even put a number on how many trades we did.

He had seen them live probably 40+ times, even sang Headup with Chino at the Crest on 5/20. He also met the band countless times and is even thanked in the B-Sides & Rarites, along with a picture of his tattoo (the screaming kitty).

Jerry_Curls

R.I.P. fellow deftones fan
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.