Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

What artist/band is this?

Started by Crazylegs, May 24, 2012, 01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

Anyone know who the band/artist in this video is?

lo-fi coming soon

An bád dubh

Its a band called Chapterhouse. They had a couple of albums in the beginning of the 90s. Not sure if I've heard of them before or not but their stuff sounds pretty cool.

theis

An Bad! Good to see you around.

Crazylegs

Quote from: An bád dubh on May 25, 2012, 06:51 PM
Its a band called Chapterhouse. They had a couple of albums in the beginning of the 90s. Not sure if I've heard of them before or not but their stuff sounds pretty cool.
Thanks bud! It does sound pretty interesting i think. Hopefully there are some albums to be found on the interwebs somewhere.

An bád dubh

An bád dubh

Quote from: Crazylegs on May 26, 2012, 12:04 AM
Thanks bud! It does sound pretty interesting i think. Hopefully there are some albums to be found on the interwebs somewhere.
Found their album Whirlpool "whirling" on the interwebs.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ri4k4m59agck5rh

Seems like a band which just didn't make it although they could've had a chance to be big.

The song on your video was really raw and cool. The album is lighter but is a fun listen nevertheless. Seems that they're back together now too after breaking up in 1993.

Edit. Oh and that song on the vid is from a compilation album of theirs called Rownderbowt from 1996. I guess its from an early EP though I cant find it on any of theirs. Some copies of the compilation seem to be out there too.

Crazylegs

Quote from: An bád dubh on May 26, 2012, 04:39 PM
Quote from: Crazylegs on May 26, 2012, 12:04 AM
Found their album Whirlpool "whirling" on the interwebs.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ri4k4m59agck5rh

Seems like a band which just didn't make it although they could've had a chance to be big.

The song on your video was really raw and cool. The album is lighter but is a fun listen nevertheless. Seems that they're back together now too after breaking up in 1993.

Edit. Oh and that song on the vid is from a compilation album of theirs called Rownderbowt from 1996. I guess its from an early EP though I cant find it on any of theirs. Some copies of the compilation seem to be out there too.

I found whirlpool myself yesterday. Not quite as rocking as i had hoped.

An bád dubh

Not quite indeed.

Speaking of "rocking", can you give me a list of some albums of 2011/2012 which rock. Ive been way too busy working the last 12 months that Ive totally rolled off the wagon of whats new and good out there.

Crazylegs

Here are a few records from the last year or so that come to mind for me:

Motorpsycho & Ståle Storløkken - The death defying unicorn (definitely my favorite of the bunch)
True Widow - As High As the Highest Heavens and from the Center to the Circumference of the Earth
Yob - Atma
Generation of Vipers - Howl and filth
Red Fang - Murder the mountains
The Mire - Volume II
Logreybeam - Prologue (this one isn't exactly rocking)

theis

From 2011, I'd recommend:

TOM WAITS - BAD AS ME
GRAVEYARD - HISINGEN BLUES
Fair to Midland - Arrows & Anchors
Cave In - White Silence
Mastodon - The Hunter
Animals as Leaders - Weightless
Russian Circles - Empros

Quote from: Crazylegs on May 26, 2012, 06:25 PM
Red Fang - Murder the mountains

An bád dubh

Thanks guys! Really appreciated  8)

Crazylegs

So i'm back again with a song i can't seem to find any info on. Any help would be much appreciated!

Independent Trucks: Ben Raybourn