Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Gaslight Anthem

Started by theis, Jul 11, 2012, 02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

With a new album, Handwritten, just around the corner I figured I'd make a thread.

Love these guys and I'm completely in love with the first single, 45.

The Gaslight Anthem - "45"

bright lights, big city

Didn't know they had a new album coming. Good first single though!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Anyone checked out the new album yet?

I really love it. Brian sounds better than ever...same goes for his lyrics.

bright lights, big city

45 has grown on me even more, and I'd say it's on par with their last album. And damn, to me the vocals are sounding more and more like Springsteen, which is a complement.

My favorite song right here:
The Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

^ One of my favorites, too. Also a great video.

Too Much Blood is my current favorite. Powerful vocals in that one.

theis

New video...with Elisha Cuthbert. I just fell in love with her all over again. She's so stunning. <3

The Gaslight Anthem - Here Comes My Man

bright lights, big city

haha, same here, and also a good song. Between this and Happy Endings, it's like 2003 all over again - my infatuation with the Cuthbert is back!
DERP

theis

The Girl Next Door was the tipping point for me. She hit me hard with that movie.

Oh, and I've never seen Happy Endings before, but I just downloaded the first two seasons.

Thank you, Gaslight, for rekindling my love with Ms. Cuthbert!

:D

bright lights, big city

Awesome man, think you'll dig Happy Endings. Forgot about Girl Next Door - that also had one of my favorite actors, Tim Olyphant. Such a good movie.
DERP

theis

Their show last night was absolutely phenomenal.

Fallon was wasted, but man, it just made everything better. He gave everything he got and his stage presence was out of this world. They played for 2 hours, which is a lot for a band like this. So awesome.