Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Tracks you want to see live and haven't

Started by alan1o, Aug 10, 2012, 01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan1o

I've seen deftones about 4 times ?  i think now. here are some faves that unforunately i've never got to see live.

Fireal
Combat
This place is death
Dai the flu (absolute fav)
Damone
Lhabia
Rickets
Mascara
Pink maggit

From what i've read it doesn't look like they've ever played Combat live.
Does anyone know why these tracks rarely get into setlists ? Is it down to Chino not being able to perform them vocally?

Vesanic

Oooooh boy, here goes:

Damone
Pink Maggit
Fist
Lovers
Deathblow
Rivière
Can't Even Breathe
Teething

Combat was performed for the first time ever (and only time so far) in Amsterdam last year because a bunch of fans (including yours truly) asked them to change the setlist.
Fireal is now being played nearly on a daily basis, minus the second part of the song.
Dai the Flu was played live quite a few time during the DE tour.
Damone, I don't know, maybe they don't want to play it without Chi.
Rickets was played live in Sweden during the DE tour. First time since 2007 if I'm correct, and the only time.
Mascara, I don't know.
I don't think they ever played the full Pink Maggit ever since Back To School came out. They'd use that one instead, which totally blows.

They don't include goodies because they hardly switch their setlists, that's why.

alan1o

The second part of fireal is the best part imo. Oh yeah riviere. Good call. Boys Republic too

Hidalgo

plastic
like linus
venison
christmas
hump
answers
gift
some people
god's hands
(can you tell i'm crazy about the like linus tunes? love that stuff!! i'd love to see them do a like linus night, with a bunch of other tracks from other albums thrown in. my dream deftones show)

knife prty
pink maggit
lifter
dai the flu
mx
damone
lovers
battle axe
the boy's republic
reviere

i didn't think they ever played pink maggit in full V. is there audio proof? or just hear say? tell me more, lol. and i totally agree pink maggit mops the floor with BTS

Vesanic

Derek79, a member of this board, saw their very first concert from the White Pony era. Pink Maggit full was the encore.

bojosoto

They have played most of these songs in the past, but I would love to see them added to the set again.

This Place Is Death
Street Carp
Rapture
Rats!Rats!Rats!
One Weak
Minus Blindfold
Lifter
Lovers
Mascara
U,U,D,D,L,R,L,R,A,B,Select,Start
The Chauffeur
Combat
Mein (I wish they pulled this one out for the current SOAD tour, so Serg could do his part in the song)

one weak

Vesanic

Quote from: alan1o on Aug 10, 2012, 01:58 PM
The second part of fireal is the best part imo.

I most certainly agree.

nineteen

alan1o

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 10, 2012, 02:38 PM
Quote from: alan1o on Aug 10, 2012, 01:58 PM
The second part of fireal is the best part imo.

I most certainly agree.

"i want to be, much then more, while i watch you"

OnyxPanicProne

They played Riviere once for like 30 seconds and then started playing Change. That still doesnt count tho

TheShade1989

Riviere.
Pink Maggit.
Mascara.
One Weak.
Beware.
Mx.
Battle-Axe.
Deathblow (have they played that live before?).

vinsanity

Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

slyartwork

Fist
Can't Even Breathe
Damone
Pink Maggit
Nightboat
El Scorcho
Mx
Teething
Lovers

I dont need to hear any SNW songs ;-)
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

slyartwork

I've seen them doing mx a lot on the pre-WP shows... God I want to hear that again!
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

deftoner664

Crenshaw Punch is numero uno for me...

Battle-Axe

Lovers
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

BillyNo.9

Combat
Kimdracula
dai the flu
boys republic
battle axe
Needles and Pins
Street carp
Lovers
Teething
lifter

Damone, but only if Chi was to ever come back

Northcal

1.lovers
2.mx
3.lifter
4.sinatra
5.minus blindfold
6.teenager
7.rx queen
8.street carp
9.knife party* only seen it 1tyme in 07*
10.orion(metallica cover)they did it a few times in 2010 I think

Amoe38

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 10, 2012, 01:24 PM
Oooooh boy, here goes:

Damone
Pink Maggit
Fist
Lovers
Deathblow
Rivière
Can't Even Breathe
Teething

Combat was performed for the first time ever (and only time so far) in Amsterdam last year because a bunch of fans (including yours truly) asked them to change the setlist.
Fireal is now being played nearly on a daily basis, minus the second part of the song.
Dai the Flu was played live quite a few time during the DE tour.
Damone, I don't know, maybe they don't want to play it without Chi.
Rickets was played live in Sweden during the DE tour. First time since 2007 if I'm correct, and the only time.
Mascara, I don't know.
I don't think they ever played the full Pink Maggit ever since Back To School came out. They'd use that one instead, which totally blows.

They don't include goodies because they hardly switch their setlists, that's why.

correction...
jan/2011 fox theater pomona ca combat was played live way before the amsterdam show last year. hours before before the show  30 people and i got the chance to see them perform combat and kimdracula beginning to end.

stuff that hasn't been played live that i wanna hear...simple man, sleep walk  and (lucky you...the entire song tho)

and stuff that id like them to bring back would be dai the flu,needles and pins, risk, anniversary, street carp, xerces ,battle axe and combat.

pinkmaggit69

7 Words

j/k

I've seen Deftones 11 times, and have yet to hear them play Damone, which would be killer.  I'd also love to hear them do Simple Man live.

Drinks won't stain this birth!