Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

the "What Will You Be When You Grow Up?" Thread

Started by lostpilot, Oct 06, 2012, 08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

Hey guys!
Since there are a portion of us that are 23+ I decided to make this little thread.. about motivation, ambition, success and your personal strategies to achieving success and happiness in your lives (wow, this sounds like a spam e-mail).

After first quarter of my life I am realizing that I truly want to achieve great things in life, and more and more this thought comes to my daily life. At this point I have a dead-end job selling Apple products (no worries, not a fanboy) and I make music (as the Picturesque Episodes + another project coming soon, with a different direction). After finishing my university (with a rather useless bachelor's degree in culture management) I am at a time where it's essential to find a path and follow it; however it's like I haven't found my passion for anything else except for music.

I have great ambitions though I am not quite sure how am I going to get there. Most of all I wish to succeed in music - either as a solo act or being a producer for other artists. Versatility and creativity, full-on.. I would also love to work in art, prints and design. Yet at the same time I feel like I could start my own business and slowly work up the system..

Some of my older friends have been stopped by the "rat race". I am truly afraid that "slave to the wage" cycle (work-eat-sleep-pay bills-worry too much) can kill my creativity and prolific nature when it comes to music. So, my goal is to overcome it at any cost!

Well then, what about you, guys?
What are your ambitions, where are you now and where do you want to be?

Crazylegs

haha. Sounds like a spam-mail indeed. I've been studying meteorology and oceanography for a few years now, and i guess i'll end up working with something in the realm of oceanography in the future. Super interesting, eh? I'm not really the ambitious type.

DeftonesNZ

I am 18 at University about to finish the first year of my Bachelors in Computing and Mathematical science majoring in software development. Hope to take up programming for a while to get the good money and then probably get into something I like more but will pay less like web design.

Deftones-argentina