Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Homeland

Started by normsteez, Oct 08, 2012, 07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

normsteez

Anyone watching this show?

Season 2 just started and it is incredible. This is by far my favorite show on TV right now.
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

bright lights, big city

Best show on the air. After Breaking Bad, though. I love Mandy Patinkin on this too. Such a good beard, haha.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

dictatesofreason

Its one of the few shows that has me extremely tense as I watch it- especially yesterdays episode.

jbmp1390

Fuck yes, last episode was so good. I really hope they will find some way to get rid of Jess though. I really fucking hate her. Desecrating a fucking Quran. What a fucking cunt. Is it understandable that she finds it weird that Brody is a Muslim? Yes. But she doesn't even try to fucking understand it. I love how he explains it to Dana in the first season. That he turned to his spirituality to get through his imprisonment and a King James Bible was not available.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

bright lights, big city

I'd say Jess represents the ignorance and stupidity that many people have towards any religion.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

dictatesofreason

but shes gorgeous.

normsteez

I can't wait to see what happens now that Saul found the recording of Brody. There is no way they are going to arrest him. I think the CIA is going to start following him to see if he will lead them to Abu Nassir.

I hope Estes reinstates Carey into the CIA. She really got fucked at the end of last season.
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar

dictatesofreason

Yea it seems like they will, and Saul more and likely wont act on the intel he has but at the same time i doubt he'll tell Carey that she was right...

bright lights, big city

She's mental. They can't realistically just go and rehire her, even if she has some good contacts overseas. At least that's what I hope just for the sake of logic on the show.

But either way that rooftop scene between Saul and Carrie just won her an Emmy next year. I don't think I blinked for the last 20 minutes of that episode.
DERP

dictatesofreason

Yeah it's really good at doing that. as far suspense goes it's no. 1 in my mind right now, even above SOA or BE, my other faves  ;D

dictatesofreason

wellnvmd i guess he wil lol

normsteez

Saul and Estes are going to use Carey to get back in with Brody to try and find out about Abu Nassir.

This show is great. Carey and Brody's wife are smokin' hot.
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar

normsteez

Holy Shit, they got his ass!! Unbelievable, I was not expect Carie to do what she did. Can't wait to see where this goes....
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar

bright lights, big city

This show brings it every week. Unbelievable. Are they blowing their load too quick though? Where the hell are they going with this?!?
DERP

lithium

I think they're going to try and use Brody to catch Abu Nasir
💩

dictatesofreason

yeah i was blown away i was like holy fuck they got him!! and im hoping his 'rine buddies find out he wasted walker. and the previews for next episode had jess lookin like she still has some feelin for the sob.

jbmp1390

I'm getting really close to finding the writers of this show and ganking them. Jessica needs to be gone from the show. NOW. There's nothing good or relatable about her character. I just hate her so much. It almost makes me dislike Morena Baccarin because I hate the character so much. Not only have they made the Jessica character even fucking worse somehow, they are slowly taking Dana down the same road. Their turning her into a little mini jessica bitch.

jbmp1390

Last episode was kind of lame. I think this show is starting to fall off.

bright lights, big city

Are you serious? That bad cop/good cop routine was done beautifully. Also liked how they left it vague as to whether or not Quinn really lost control in there.

Seemed like the end of a season, really. This basically wrapped up a major chapter of the story, as from here on out things are different now. Episode was a game changer.
DERP

jbmp1390

I just didn't really want the story to go much further than that. It's been a great show so far. I'm just worried that they will have trouble sustaining the greatness as they change the story. I'm so tired of the Jess and Dana stuff. No one cares. I'm just worried that this show will fall victim to the problem that most american shows have, which is that they go on for too long. I'd much rather have a great show that only lasted a few episodes or maybe a couple seasons rather than just continuing to go on and on. I'm just worried that will happen with this show. It's beginning to happen with SOA.