Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

People help me pls

Started by Lotion, Oct 18, 2012, 10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotion

Hello people.
Iwant play Deftones songs on guitar help me pls with pedal effects,i have processor,but i cant play songs like Leathers,lotion,Rocket Skates,7 words.Advise me pls pedal effects that i can play Leathers)))
Help me pls)thx)
Anger can overwhelm you. You put it in a song, and it can tear your head off. But anger can be gentle.

DeftonesNZ

Your best bet is getting something like Pod XT or similar where you can play round with heaps of different effects and download presets,also the Line6 Spider Iv amp series (75 watt and up models) actually have a preset programmed in by Stephen himself.But if you don't want to buy anything you can just start playing round with your gain level and you should be able to get the right tone for most of their stuff stephen uses quite a simple distortion for his crunch should sound alright for most songs except the stuff like the clean parts on  digital bath which have stuff like chorus and reverb. Also make sure you get the tunings right that make a huge difference adrenaline is just standard , Around the fur is drop C# then White pony is Drop C.

Lotion

i have processor Zoom G1XN,if you know how tune for that to play around the fur or other,tell me pls,and guitar cort X3
Anger can overwhelm you. You put it in a song, and it can tear your head off. But anger can be gentle.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Lotion on Oct 18, 2012, 11:00 AM
i have processor Zoom G1XN,if you know how tune for that to play around the fur or other,tell me pls,and guitar cort X3
Never used that before ,when i am mucking round playing around the fur stuff i just don't use any effects just tune to drop c# have lots of gain on amp ,have bass on full ,mids on 0 and treble on full.

Lotion

Thank you very much,you help me)))

ltdef

can't believe that user name was free ???

welcome to sharing lungs. take a look in the gear thread: http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,19674.0.html
its full of stuff that could be interesting for you ;)

deftoner664

Like DeftonesNZ said getting a Multi FX processor, Like a Boss, or Digitech would give you a wide enough range to play those kinds of songs as far as FX go. As Deftones NZ also said the Spider Series amps made by Line 6 have enough effects in the pre amp to emulate deftones like FX. when I was younger I learned all  Deftones songs from adrenaline, ATF, White Pony, and some of SelfTitled  with a Line 6 spider II amp and it got the job done.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

deftoner664

Another key thing about Steph and Chinos tone, they add alot of gain to their distortion and there is often reverb, a bit of chorus and slight delay on some of their FX

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: deftoner664 on Oct 19, 2012, 03:30 PM
Like DeftonesNZ said getting a Multi FX processor, Like a Boss, or Digitech would give you a wide enough range to play those kinds of songs as far as FX go. As Deftones NZ also said the Spider Series amps made by Line 6 have enough effects in the pre amp to emulate deftones like FX. when I was younger I learned all  Deftones songs from adrenaline, ATF, White Pony, and some of SelfTitled  with a Line 6 spider II amp and it got the job done.
Have you heard any of the newer spider series the ones with artist presets apparently they sent the amp out to tons of players including stephen carpenter to set up some presets i think there's a stephen crunch and stephen clean preset both set up by him i wonder if they sound any good.

deftoner664

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Oct 24, 2012, 01:08 PM
Quote from: deftoner664 on Oct 19, 2012, 03:30 PM
Have you heard any of the newer spider series the ones with artist presets apparently they sent the amp out to tons of players including stephen carpenter to set up some presets i think there's a stephen crunch and stephen clean preset both set up by him i wonder if they sound any good.

Not too sure? Which Line6  Spider series is it the IV one? I havent tried them out. I have  Spider but its an old one a Spider II . Anyways I met Steph last night and he said he is using Axe FX II and he plans to one day release his guitar tones as available plugins for those who have a Axe FX guitar processor. Which is awesome!