Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones + Meshuggah?!

Started by gwenudo, Oct 21, 2012, 12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwenudo

ok so everyone knows deftones are always covering other artists songs and they do an amazing job ofcourse! but most of the time its just songs that chino wants to cover .. what if the other band members were to cover what they like? for example steff loves meshuggah! how do you guys think they would do if they covered some meshuggah? would it be an epic fail or an epic glorious masterpiece?
Was it like it seemed?...

DeftonesNZ

Chino loves meshuggah aswell he put Choasphere among his favourite albums ever,don't think they'd suit it plus Abe couldn't pull it of he can't double bass pedal for a whole song ,stehpen said in an interview he would like to play real heavy stuff but its too hard for the other guys.

gwenudo

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Oct 21, 2012, 12:52 AM
Chino loves meshuggah aswell he put Choasphere among his favourite albums ever,don't think they'd suit it plus Abe couldn't pull it of he can't double bass pedal for a whole song ,stehpen said in an interview he would like to play real heavy stuff but its too hard for the other guys.

well im sure it might be hard for chino cause of all that screaming but im sure could pull it off... maybe sergio could too lol .. and well abe... abe may not be able to do double pedal all that much but ..wouldnt hurt trying xD idk i just thought it would be epic to see them play one live .. i would go crazy

Vesanic

The title of this thread is crually misleading.

gwenudo

Quote from: Vesanic on Oct 21, 2012, 01:01 AM
The title of this thread is crually misleading.

im sorry xD i could see how that would really mess with people ... although it would be pretty damn amazing ...

ignore the fashion

how do you know they only do songs Chino likes?

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Oct 21, 2012, 01:04 AM
Yeah im pretty sure simple man was abes idea

gwenudo

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Oct 21, 2012, 01:04 AM

i didnt say all of them are what chino likes .. but most of the time yes ...i mean you got covers from like duran duran, the cure, depeche mode etc ... but covers like simple man and even old ones that werent recorded like south of heaven and sunliminal .. sounds like stuff steff likes to do .. idk just a thought tho bro about the meshuggah thing lol

Vesanic

I'm sure they all love Depeche Mode.

Sett

I don't think Chino would do a good job singing Meshuggah.