Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

You dig this?

Started by Ryan, Oct 29, 2012, 05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan

Nice little riff my cousin made up. Hes not an amazing guitarist by any means, but his taste in creativity is just so damn good.

If you guys gave him :40 seconds to listen, i think you would like it. Great Melody.

Alex's Riff

DeftonesNZ

Sounds like a riff from the 90's it's not bad but not unique either should try mixing up the timing like putting pauses in or fast strokes

Ryan

The rhythm sounds a lot like the opening of the song "Learn to Hate" by the band Silverchair, but the melody is totally unique.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah it does sound like an early silverchair song bit like abuse me , i wouldn't call it unique sound extremely standard just like basic chord progression

Ryan

Again, I am calling the melody unique, not the chord progression  ::)

DeftonesNZ

It just sounds boring like it's been done heaps before you can say it's unique but if it doesn't sound like it then it doesn't matter.Bet that's actually  you not your cousin lol

occipudding

his strumming hand is super stiff.  your cousin needs to loosen up a bit.
machete!  meow

Ryan

Occipudding thanks, i will tell him. Constructive criticism is great.

@The other guy, seriously GTFO. I was trying to be cool with you but now you question that he's my cousin? Really lol?

Look at the other vids of him skating on my channel. Youre a dumb ass bro

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Ryan on Oct 30, 2012, 01:29 AM
Occipudding thanks, i will tell him. Constructive criticism is great.

@The other guy, seriously GTFO. I was trying to be cool with you but now you question that he's my cousin? Really lol?

Look at the other vids of him skating on my channel. Youre a dumb ass bro
Was a joke hence the lol,don't come here with a video of your cousin playing some boring riff expecting to be showered with compliments don't put yourself out there if you can't take criticism i never even said it was bad i just said it was plain i also offered constructive criticism i suggested playing with the timing, don't go on the internet if your gonna take everything so personally.

Ryan

Its not even that, I just dont like people coming on my thread and telling me what to do. I didnt ask for anything but an opinion, not advice, not suggestions, not telling me who is and isnt my cousin. So again, GTFO. You arent proving shit so stop posting. Dont get butthurt because I put you in your place either. You brought it on yourself, shits mad annoying. Just enjoy the music.

DeftonesNZ

Put me in my place? you can fuck right off with that the other guy gave you a tip you didn't blow up on him your just getting shitty because the sun doesn't shine out your cousins ass like you thought i never even put him down i just said it was a bit boring ,you must be young (my guess is 13 or 14) or really fucking immature you post a clip of an average riff and then you sulk when people don't tell you it's awesome don't come on the internet if you don't want your delusions of grandeur to be shattered. By the way feedback is part of an opinion.That cousin thing was a fucking joke about how people always post stuff saying it's someone else because their embarrassed. Fuck i would love to put you in your place uneducated dick heads like you really piss me off

x Rx King x

Quote from: Ryan on Oct 29, 2012, 05:37 AM
Nice little riff my cousin made up. Hes not an amazing guitarist by any means, but his taste in creativity is just so damn good.

If you guys gave him :40 seconds to listen, i think you would like it. Great Melody.

Alex's Riff

If he made that into a song, my money would be non-existant.

Ryan

Quote from: x Rx King x on Oct 30, 2012, 12:59 PM

Alex's Riff

Thats how i feel. With the right vocals/vocalist and keeping the same theme, this could be one of my favorite songs ever.

x Rx King x

Quote from: Ryan on Oct 30, 2012, 05:08 PM

Alex's Riff

Thats how i feel. With the right vocals/vocalist and keeping the same theme, this could be one of my favorite songs ever.

Help him do that. If you don't, God knows I will.

beansandcornbread

Alex's Riff

I pity you.  In every way.

xToxin

Sounds like The Chauffeur.

Ryan

Quote from: x Rx King x on Oct 30, 2012, 05:41 PM

Alex's Riff

I will try! Any help you could giive would be much appreciated. You guys could have a little guitar sesh over skype or something haha

Ryan

Quote from: beansandcornbread on Oct 30, 2012, 06:42 PM

Alex's Riff

I pity you.  In every way.

Why? Because i like the riff? I dont like it, i love it. And if you dont see the talent behind it, I pity you. Its not about the difficulty of playing it, or the lack of advanced the chord progression, its about the sound, and the mind behind it.

I feel sorry for you that you think your opinion even means the smallest bit of shit to me, because it doesnt. So dont waste your time trying to press your little negativity bullshit on me.

x Rx King x

Quote from: Ryan on Oct 30, 2012, 09:57 PM
Quote from: x Rx King x on Oct 30, 2012, 05:41 PM

Alex's Riff

I will try! Any help you could giive would be much appreciated. You guys could have a little guitar sesh over skype or something haha

I dig it dude! PM me and I'll send you my skype name or whatever