Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

this years pumpkin

Started by 7t9cobra, Oct 31, 2012, 04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

7t9cobra

Some of you might remember this pumpkin I carved last year. Well this year I did it bigger and better.

DeftonesNZ

That's awesome man,how long did it take you?

7t9cobra

Realistically 2-3 hours not including drawing it out by hand. But I was smoking off my hangover so it felt like 6 hours

bewareofrats

That's incredible.  You're quite the artiste.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

DeftonesNZ

Haha yeah hangovers slow everything down used to have to do stocktake on a sunday at my old job most of the time i was hungover as i'd get like half way through counting then i'd have to start again, What do you use to do it? we don't really get into halloween that much over here.

ignore the fashion

7t9cobra

Thanks. It wasn't the hangover it was the smoking part that slowed it down Haha. I used just some cheap pumpkin knives and a razor blade to peel skin off for the 3d look. I drew it on with an ink pen just looking at the album itself

Dath

Great job on that! 2-3 hours too? Seems like you were on the ball. Hope there's somebody tonight who knows what it is, but it's so well crafted that you don't have to be a fan to appreciate it.

The S/T artwork has always been my favorite of their albums. To me, it concisely illustrates how the band is seamlessly both dark and beautiful. The quality of the pumpkin, the S/T art... I'm gonna have to save that image, I'm impressed.

7t9cobra

Haha thanks. I was really hoping KNYs album cover would be something I could put on the pumpkin but that didn't happen for obvious reasons. I thought about doing a second one but copy the pumpkin from the change music video and have them side by side. I doubt anyone will recognize it. It's a small town and not a lot of people here know about deftones.

Knucklestones

Quote from: 7t9cobra on Oct 31, 2012, 07:09 PM
Haha thanks. I was really hoping KNYs album cover would be something I could put on the pumpkin but that didn't happen for obvious reasons. I thought about doing a second one but copy the pumpkin from the change music video and have them side by side. I doubt anyone will recognize it. It's a small town and not a lot of people here know about deftones.
I was wanting to do carve a pumpkin like the one from the change video, but it looked pretty sloppy. :(

deftones47

Nice pumpkin carving!

I envy your carving skills!