Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

If the TeamSleep album was a Deftones Album, where would you rank it?

Started by Corleone, Dec 11, 2012, 05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corleone

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

DeftonesNZ

Probably near the bottom I love Team Sleep but alot of the songs I love weren't included in the official release like Death by Plane,Natalie Portman (I know it's the same song as Live from the stage but i prefer the demo),Acoustic one and Iceache and alot of others plus I don't like the fact Chino wasn't on all the tracks it kind of killed it because I couldn't help but think he would've elevated those songs to another level.

cEvin Key

The same way I would have liked SNW if it was a record from some other band or maybe from TS I would have not liked if Team Sleep was a Deftones record.

samson simpson

cvthedrv

if you think deftones sounds anything like team sleep, please listen deftones seriously.

DeftonesNZ

What are you guys talking about I don't think anyone said they did sound like Deftones the thread was how you would rate Team Sleeps record amongst Deftones releases

TheyCallMeP

ATF/White Pony
Team Sleep
Diamond Eyes/Self Titled
Adrenaline
Koi No Yokan
Saturday Night Wrist

deftones47

Self Titled
Around the Fur
Diamond Eyes
Koi No Yokan
Team Sleep
White Pony
Adrenaline
Saturday Night Wrist

Honestly, Team Sleep isn't my favorite Deftones side project. It's nice, calm, and rather different, but I have to say Crosses is better.

The album's still amazing though.

Electron§

1. White Pony & self titled
2. Team Sleep
3. Saturday Night Wrist & Around the Fur
4. Adrenaline (not that bad but not exactly the best. "Fireal" is the definitive highlight.)
5. Diamond Eyes & Koi No Yokan (two worst albums, the latter being THE definitive worst of Deftones career)

I personally think it would have been awesome if Chino had decided to kind of merge Team Sleep with Deftones after S/T, and the next album could have been something like the debut Team Sleep record instead of SNW. I wonder what people would say if they had came out with an album like White Pony, then the self titled record, then the TS S/T, that would have been three masterpieces in a goddamn row. All very different and yet somehow having a strange similarity.

But I think his tensions with Deftones at the time would have made this impossible since Team Sleep was kind of his escape from all the creative bullshit he was experiencing, so why in the hell would he ever bring the two together?

Also, I would much rather have Deftones release something similar to Team Sleep rather than have to listen to this bullshit they put out now.

I'd like to honestly see Chino and Steph kind of get very equal parts on an album at some point, rather always having to kind of fit their styles together seamlessly. I'd love it if the next Deftones record could have some full blown Meshuggah influenced riffs from Steph, and then sometimes even in the same song, switch into some Team sleep type somber slow guitar stuff from Chino. That would be amazing.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I also think it would defeat the purpose of him having side projects he said he constantly makes music it's what he does when he has spare time so I guess it's an outlet for that ,i also think Team Sleep went a bit cold because it was turning into another big project with pressure instead the fun with mates it's started out as but apparently him and Crook never stopped making so that's good for them that they can still have make music as a couple of friends.

DeftonesNZ

There's a comma in there somewhere you just didn't find it lol

Corleone

DeftonesNZ

No I could write a fabulous and grammatically correct essay on Shakespeare but this is the internet and it's the holidays so I don't give a fuck and I don't see why you do either

Corleone

Because I can't read it, it hurts my brain. If you have an opinion, it helps to present it a certain way, or else no one cares to read it.

DeftonesNZ

It's readable, It's not my fault you hurt your head because you can't read a paragraph without taking a break every few words.

Gee

@DeftonesNZ I usually like what you're saying, not the way you say it. Seriously dude, punctuation, it will make your posts way more pleasant to read.

And remember, Internet is serious business. ;)
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

DeftonesNZ

Haha I'm sorry I'm getting sloppy iv'e been off Uni for a couple of months now.

Vesanic

Quote from: deftones47 on Dec 15, 2012, 03:07 AM
Honestly, Team Sleep isn't my favorite Deftones side project. It's nice, calm, and rather different, but I have to say Crosses is better.

♫ LOL ♫

SwerveCityUSA

I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat