Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Marble Mask Full Album for free

Started by Moodsmaster, Jan 17, 2013, 10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moodsmaster

Hi

We've finished the mastering process and put the whole Album on Bandcmp for free. If you like it you hast have to put a 0 in the name your price button.
The Album is a story which follows one human from song 2-8. The first and the last song play in reality and song 2-8 in a different world (like a dream). The protagonist gains understanding from the things that happen to the human in the fictional world. All Songs were written and produced by us. Constructive criticism or praise ar welcome.
We hope you'll enjoy it. If you like calmer music you'll like the second half better then the first. My favourite of the bunch is all the worlds winds. Greetings Dominik
marblemask.bandcamp.com

DeftonesNZ

I like the wide range of sounds going on and I see some potential but it seems you still have to sort of iron out what your sound is going to be, it sounds sort of confused like two songs are playing at the same time I think once you get the instrumentals to gel better you could make some very interesting fresh material I like the eclectic range of stuff going on but it's all about getting the balance right I think that will just come with time.

Please don't take offence but the vocals are just horrible your singer is really letting you down he sounds like he's singing karaoke I think he really needs to step it up he's bringing down the instrumentals and making the songs almost un-listenable there are some flashes of potential but it just sounds like he's forcing it , I think he's a long way from being a good vocalist It just sounds like he hasn't yet got the ear required for being a vocalist like the instinctual feeling of when to change pitch and the ability to write melody's.

black coffee

When I got through half of the first song my immediate reaction was, is the singer doing that on purpose or is it simply because he's not good?

I remember as a pupil once every year all the school bands had a concert together, and there was this punk band and their singer sucked real badly.
But it was fun because it wasn't meant to be good in the first place, and that is the big difference to your band - you're competent musicians and you know about song structure. I would go as far and say with this type of music you either have adequate vocals, or decide to play instrumental music. Like deftonesnz said already, your singer is bringing down the instrumentals and in this genre (imo) you shouldn't have that.