Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Walking Dead : Survival Instinct

Started by deftoner664, Feb 16, 2013, 04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftoner664

If you're a big fan of the show like me you should be in for a real treat coming March 19th. This game is based off the AMC show and it is a prequel to the show. This game will shed light on the Dixion brothers in some respects that the show failed to explain in depth... You can play as Daryl or Meryle. Available for Wii U, Xbox 360, and PS3.

http://youtu.be/B2KdJ--kRVo

http://youtu.be/bLfsQwl0yn0

Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

deftoner664

Kinda sucks that it's the prequel in regards to the other characters ( but there are rumors that you will encounter some of the other main characters later depending on your choices in the game), and Merle's  hand wont be chopped off yet, so we cant stab the shit out of walkers with his bladed hand mount.

bright lights, big city

I'm not mince words here - this game looks awful.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deftoner664

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 16, 2013, 05:57 PM

As far as the graphics go, I can understand that.. I'm just hoping that overall game play will  weigh that factor out from what the trailer had to offer as far as first impression. I still plan to give the game a chance..  I'm looking forward to things like, interactions with survivors, the ability to have free choices in the game, the tactical aspects of defeating/sneaking by walkers, other story lines that connect to the show
.. Etc.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 16, 2013, 05:57 PM
Yeah the graphics look awful especially considering trailers always look better than the actual release and I doubt the whole decision thing will be as game changing as they've made it out to be how many games now have said this then put out a game where the changes are minuscule. I'm hoping the controls aren't going to be awkward I've noticed alot of the tv or movie games have poorly mapped out controls and really blocky interactions. Also I bet they will have one of those stupid sequences where a button comes up on the screen and you have to button mash or get the sequence right.

Jacob

looks like shit. the other Walking Dead games look a lot more fun.

what does an FPS have to do with TWD anyways?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

deftoner664

Quote from: Jacob on Feb 17, 2013, 06:32 PM
looks like shit. the other Walking Dead games look a lot more fun.

what does an FPS have to do with TWD anyways?

what other walking dead games are there besides the Tell Tale game that came out April of last year? I haven't played that one yet, but I know you don't have as much freedom as you will in this game, because it's more like a cinematic-style of game where you are presented with choices and you must select your choice on screen, with the X, Y, B, or A buttons. Based on your choices it plays out like a movie and only lets you interact occasionally after the cinematic scene cuts, to me that doesn't sound like much fun... There really isn't enough game play released yet for this new one, and not very many details. So like I said before, I'm not going to shit all over it until I see more coverage or wait and play it.
Also I guess the graphics in the trailer were the graphics for the Wii U, so there is still a chance that Xbox and Ps3 might be a little more refined.

bright lights, big city

The Telltale episodes came out at the perfect and were exactly what I was looking for - something that wasn't just another FPS. And yeah it is more cinematic I guess, kind of a throwback to the old point-and-click adventures games, but there were big decisions to make in it that effected the story. That story was what made it such a great game to me. A lot of shit happens in that game.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deftoner664

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 17, 2013, 09:31 PM
The Telltale episodes came out at the perfect and were exactly what I was looking for - something that wasn't just another FPS. And yeah it is more cinematic I guess, kind of a throwback to the old point-and-click adventures games, but there were big decisions to make in it that effected the story. That story was what made it such a great game to me. A lot of shit happens in that game.

Sounds interesting, as I said before I never played it, but I'm willing to give it a try. I just thought that style of game play would get old after awhile. Thanks for your input, bright lights...

bright lights, big city

and I don't mean to seem like I took a shit on FPS's - I actually just pre-ordered the new Bioshock, haha.
DERP