Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Handwrist

Started by occipudding, Nov 15, 2013, 02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

occipudding

I just stumbled on this band the other day and they're one of the best bands I've heard in a long, long time.  Thought maybe some of you guys might dig them also.
http://handwrist.bandcamp.com/
Progressive post-metal from Portugal (say that 5 times fast) with, I think anyway, some noticeable Deftones and Tool elements, but with so much more than that.  The music's real angry and depressive but it's beautiful at the same time.  The Bandcamp link links to their latest album, which consists of 3 songs, each approximately 20 minutes long.  Just in case that's not your thing, their previous albums do contain tracks somewhat closer to the length that a normal song might be but, I really feel like this band is amazing and I think some some of you on this board might just be able to get into them.  One other plus for me about this band is: even though I dig a lot of post-rock and post-metal bands, one thing I always felt was missing from those and similar genres was true guitar heroics, but man, this band got heroics for daze.  I'm talking like 10 minute solos and shit.  Unbridled, cathartic passion, energy, and talent.

Edit: took out psychedelic.  meant they had psychedelic elements in some parts, not that they were necessarily a psychedelic band.
machete!  meow