Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

What is Chino like in person?

Started by Talenca, Feb 08, 2014, 09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talenca

I've always wanted to meet him, honestly. I wanna know if he really is friendly like people say.
Share your experiences?

sing blue silver

They were all in great spirits when I met them and are usually very accommodating with their fans. Just make sure to respect people's boundaries and don't get all screamy fanboy begging for pictures and autographs and shit. That shit gets annoying pretty quick when you have to deal with a new batch of them in every city at every show. Treat people like regular people, let them know you appreciate their work and don't overstay your welcome.

Talenca

Yeah, of course. I've heard of Chino ignoring people for that exact reason.

VictorPL

i actually had a very cool experiance with him.

couple years ago, before diamond eyes i went to see them in amsterdam with my friends for the first time

a day before the concert were sitting in a coffee shop smoking and just chillin when my friend goes 'look! its chino!', im thinking 'yeah right' but when i turned around there he was entering a gift shop with his gf.

i got pretty excited because hes my favorite singer but i played it cool and went to the shop after him and introduced myself, told him i love the tones and that im here to see them tomorrow. asked if he wouldnt mind taking a pic when hes done and that was that. i went back to my table

after a couple minutes i see him coming out of the gift shop and the guy was actually walking around the bar looking for us! he came up to us, talked a little, smoked a blunt and then he went somewhere with his gf. the whole thing lasted probably around 15 min.

one of the coolest things that ever happened to me! i still regret not asking him for some sort of backstage pass or something

slyartwork

Asking for backstage passes is a no go man. But your story is pretty awesome hah. Chino has changed, it depends under what circumstances you meet him. I met him a bunch of times. Few times partying, and he can be really funny then. In the early days he was more relaxed laid back. But the band was not as big as they are now so that def makes difference. All in all, he is cool. Abe is my favorite. Funny as hell...
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

pony_01

well, when the tones come to jakarta, indonesia, bunchof fans try to greet them at the airport, and they are all like "HOLY SHIT ITS CHINO ARWGRAGWRWA" then i can see chino not really comfort about that, but he tried to be cool and greet some people and give em autograph. I was ignored by chino, because i cant say shit to him. just, stare him like i just saw a fucking president.
but then, Abe, is really friendly and really nice guy. he actually let us to take a picture and give us his autograph. really cool guy.
and Stephen, he is the last guy appeared, we he saw us, he's like "oh shit not again". i almost can tell that he is angry that we overcrowded him, but then when we ask to take a pic, he gives us the famous smile. nice teeth steph!
sorry about the language.

Talenca

I feel like it's only fair to treat them like normal people and not go crazy, yeah.

ANattyRat

I've heard both good and bad things with people meeting him, so I think he's really just a regular guy who is generally happy to meet people, but has his bad days or doesn't want to be overcrowded with fans, especially after a long, energetic show. I hope I get to meet all of them one day though, just to let them know how much I love the band.

Northcal

Chino is cool if u keep the conversation short !!! Sum killah Cali weed wouldn't hurt either!!!

Teknoman

Quote from: sing blue silver on Feb 08, 2014, 09:55 PM
They were all in great spirits when I met them and are usually very accommodating with their fans. Just make sure to respect people's boundaries and don't get all screamy fanboy begging for pictures and autographs and shit. That shit gets annoying pretty quick when you have to deal with a new batch of them in every city at every show. Treat people like regular people, let them know you appreciate their work and don't overstay your welcome.

Example
Deftones en Chile - Backstage Lollapalooza 2011 P2 HD

The girl is a reporter from MTV Latin America... Chino is like 'Please, get me out of here' the whole time. hahaha

I make music too

Talenca

Ah! more videos would be nice too!

VictorPL

heres a pic from my story above