Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Is Chino just going to rip off Justin Broadrick forever now?

Started by jaypayton, Feb 12, 2014, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bewareofrats

I'm sorry, but this thread is idiotic.  Nothing I heard sounds THAT similar let alone being anywhere close to rip off territory.

I'm gonna call troll on this one.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

honeybeewu

deftoner664

I've been a Jesu & Godflesh fan for quite some time... And not once did I ever think that Chino ripped off of Jesu... Crosses and Palms have ambiance in their music... Huge reverbs, delays,  synthesizers, electronic drum samples stemmed all within their music.. Including Justin's Broadrick music.  Just because they explore these ambient soundscapes doesn't mean Chino directly ripped off of Justin. The guitar works are not similar at all. Broadrick tunes his guitar down to B standard on his 27" baritone... Justin has a "djenty"  tone to his riffs  .. Crosses and Palms  do not... Mostly all of crosses stuff is played on standard tuned guitars, not 27" baritone guitars. You're just over generalizing and analyzing their usage of electronic samples and drums. There are leagues of guys who have been doing this similar style of music before these guys really explored it with their own style.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

III

There's nothignwrong with artists influencing each other. I dare you to write half as many songs as Chino has done with as much diversity and get back to me. This thread is stupid.