Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The +/- thread!

Started by raynor, Jun 22, 2004, 10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

Actually,she's not anymore. She's fucked her body up with too many tattoos. She looks like she needs a bath really bad too.

++++ Depeche Mode announcing tour dates October 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lostpilot

- annoying people making me angry
- two lectures on sociology, quite boring
- not wanting to see my friends
+ mogwai

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

- Some ppl I know are showing me that are shit as "friends"
- Stupid Itunes acting like shit
++++++ Laptop back to life
+++ Working with a few new remodeled things
+ Good sports today
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

4th Eye

- Sore throat
-/+ Went to dentist today.
- My girlfriend's having a party at our place tonight. If I was single, dozen chicks in my home would be great but now I just have to escape.
+ Finnish hockey season starts tomorrow.

lostpilot

- tired
+ playing some music

oldgentlovecraft

+ picked up a fifth class
- last teacher had a heart attack
+ students are funny
++ talking to two hot bartenders from work

devilinside

Quote from: bored on Sep 10, 2008, 07:31 AM
- annoying people making me angry

that's the point

White Pwny

+++++ new camera in a few months
+ engagement shoot lined up
++ wedding shoot lined up
+ newborn shoot lined up
+ feeling great today

- - can't get a hold of Jax
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

mrs_swa

+ Cyn found me
- tired
+ taking a nap soon
- housework later
...blow the Universe into nothingNESS.  nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest...

devilinside

StreetCarp1

+ just took xanax bar
+ just took a 80
- Managing a 25 million dollar construction project were all the subcontractors are idiots and do nothing according to the spec or the contract docs

WTF

White Pwny

Canon EOS 50D or the Nikon D300    I'm still debating and leaning towards the Canon....     And, getting all the accessories.  I can't wait!

devilinside

But I thought:

Quote from: White Pwny on Mar 15, 2008, 05:26 PM
Yeah, mine shoots burst too.   I like that.   I love the pics mine takes.   I was unaware your last one was a 6mp.    I looked at the 10 vs my 8.1 and t here just wasn't THAT much of a difference.  And I love the 10x zoom I have.      Glad ya like yer cam.. On the downside, sucks that you have to get all that other expensive stuff.    It kind of makes me laugh that it's all so expensive.  I can look back from years ago.. and some of the best shots were taken with camera's that aren't so advanced.  Besides setting.... and getting a clear shot... the rest you can do with a good photo program.     

White Pwny

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 10, 2008, 05:11 PM
But I thought:

Quote from: White Pwny on Mar 15, 2008, 05:26 PM
Yeah, mine shoots burst too.   I like that.   I love the pics mine takes.   I was unaware your last one was a 6mp.    I looked at the 10 vs my 8.1 and t here just wasn't THAT much of a difference.  And I love the 10x zoom I have.      Glad ya like yer cam.. On the downside, sucks that you have to get all that other expensive stuff.    It kind of makes me laugh that it's all so expensive.  I can look back from years ago.. and some of the best shots were taken with camera's that aren't so advanced.  Besides setting.... and getting a clear shot... the rest you can do with a good photo program.    

Yes, and if I were just doing it for fun.... for just my family and friends, mine does a fine job.    On the other hand.... for doing Weddings, and projects that bring in bank... I need something a little better.   It will pay for itself with the jobs I have lined up.... and the future ones.    I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.    You can buy a camera, and it be perfect for just messing around... but when you are getting paid to do events, much more is needed.     Lots change in 6 months!

devilinside

Quote from: devilinside on Mar 16, 2008, 05:23 AM
Think whatever you want,point is,dslrs are more professional and can exceed what any point and shoot can do. If point and shoots were better,you would see professionals using them. Yeah they are ok for beginners,but if you're wanting to make money doing it you have to up it a little. I mean,look at my moon picture...you really think you could do that with a pas? You just can't get the same results,sorry. I loved my sony,it also had burts,and 12x zoom,but it also had a delay between the pictures. The speed of this one is amazing. And doing the kind of work I do you nee that. Battery life is another issue... this camera I can use 2 lithium batteries that last forever on shoots. I also need better flash,one I can attatch and light up the room with. As far as the lenses,whatever. The work I do pays for them,so its cool. I can tell you Dslrs far outlive pas's.  Pas's are good for beginners or for hobby,but won't cut it in the professional world. And 10mp does make a difference when you have a client wanting to print a huge picture.  /

Funny tho..you made it sound like your camera could do everything a DSLR could,pretty much dissin me for the $$ I spend,and now you're wanting one. lol And I hope you're taking a class for this camera,cause if not...yeah....good luck.

mrs_swa

--- where did the +/- thread go?
...blow the Universe into nothingNESS.  nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest...

devilinside

White Pwny

Did you take a class for yours?    I have a friend that lives a street over that has one, and she hasn't taken any classes... she messes around with settings and she takes some beautiful pictures.   I will figure it out.   I'm not dumb, and if I HAVE to take a class to figure out a camera... so be it.   Either way, I am glad that I've evolved in this past 6 months.    I didn't Diss you for spending money, I told you I'm glad you liked your camera.   You had already been there and done that with less of a camera, and I'm sure at the time... you thought your other camera was teh shit.  Until you see what you CAN'T do with it.  Live and learn eh?    Now, you have a better one.   No harm and no foul living and learning!    And, now I've learned... and I am getting a better camera... and TRUST that I will learn to use it.      You really don't need to come off as a bitch... I'm sure lots of people buy these cameras... and with a little knowledge and some research... and ACTUALLY just messing around and taking pictures of everything.... they can figure it out.      I will be fine.  But thanks for your post anyway.

devilinside

For your information,yes I did take a course.  I wanted to know EVERYTHING my camera did,not just putting it in "M" and shooting from that. I also wanted to be educated on what lenses to use and the best external flash for my camera,and not buying whatever I thought looked or sounded awesome. I think you starting out with a 50d is really stupid. It's WAY beyond your experience level. You will get overwhelmed and want to quit. And i'm not coming off as a bitch,I'm coming off as an educated and experienced photographer.

theis

Catfight! GO!

---- my throat is sore as FUCK.