Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The +/- thread!

Started by raynor, Jun 22, 2004, 10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

No No....not cat fight....silly boy.

White Pwny

lolz.   Well.  Thank you for your input.  I feel it would be pretty stupid for me to buy another camera, less than that.. and then eventually HAVE to buy another.   I'd rather just buy what I need.   And as I stated before....   I'll take a class if I need it.   They do offer photography classes at the college.    I've also done a ton of research and have read that this is a good camera to breakthrough with from hobby photography to professional.    It's what I'm going to do, reguardless on whether you feel I'm "stupid" for it or not.     I'll have the money, and I'm going to buy it.   I'll do what I have to.. to learn about it.   FACT.

And on another note.  With the camera I have.  I just didn't put it on a setting and start shooting.   I played around... Read about it... did tons of research, and I've done some good work with it.      This is something I actually have a true passion about, and I'm willing to do what I need to do to learn to use it.      I have over 10,000 pictures on my computer that I've taken...   I mess around with it daily.    And the new one will be no different.   And on your theory about me getting frustrated and wanting to quit.  I guarantee that WON'T happen.   I don't give up easily on something I LOVE to do.

+cameras
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

devilinside

White Pwny

No disrespect... but you aren't the only one that can learn to use a camera... whether it be by actually using it daily.. or taking a class.   I will be fine, and in the end... through research....use... and perhaps a class  I'll be a good photographer.    Laugh if you want to.

devilinside

Again...quit over softening your pics and MAYBE you'll do ok. All the pics you've shown of people,their skin has this odd grey shadow and fake plastic look.

Case and point:

She's soo pretty,and her skin looks like a zombies.

Anyway..... Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

White Pwny

You are pointing out one picture Kelly.  And I happen to like that picture.  My daughters skin is baby fine... and I happen to like the softened look.   It's all about taste and not everyone likes the same stuff, but that hardly makes my stuff SHIT.  I am allowed to tinker to my OWN photos to look different.   I have never once posted anything negative about your photos.  Not once.   I may not always like everything but it's YOUR work, and you love it.  So be it.   This is the 2nd time you have done it to me.   You are entitled to your opinion, but it's quite laughable to think that just because something isn't done like YOU do it, that it isn't good.    One mans trash is another mans treasure.

Oh, your av does look like you did brush up and soften.   It looks good, but smooth as a barbie doll.      Just sayin.

+ opinions

theis

goldpony

+meow
-why cant we all just get along
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

whodunit?

+++ cold beer
- women sometimes

devilinside

I'm just giving you advice,cause keep in mind,you're workin for people...if people see odd skin coloring,they wont buy it. I think you need to go to this site,and learn a little. Get advice from photographers..then you'll see what i'm talkin about...

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/index.php

And just cause your friends say it's good...doesn't mean it is. You need outside opinions...strangers. Strangers dont care about your feelings like your friends do,therfore they will be honest. Strangers opinions are the best tools to help you perfect your art.

And you haven't seen my avatar full blown,have you?? Riiight....and I didn't do the picture,my photographer friend did,and my skin is not softenend,she changed my lip and eye color...thats all..... TYVM.

soo yeah...

+ peace and quiet

whodunit?

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 10, 2008, 07:02 PM
I'm just giving you advice,cause keep in mind,you're workin for people...if people see odd skin coloring,they wont buy it. I think you need to go to this site,and learn a little. Get advice from photographers..then you'll see what i'm talkin about...

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/index.php

And just cause your friends say it's good...doesn't mean it is. You need outside opinions...strangers. Strangers dont care about your feelings like your friends do,therfore they will be honest. Strangers opinions are the best tools to help you perfect your art.

And you haven't seen my avatar full blown,have you?? Riiight....and I didn't do the picture,my photographer friend did,and my skin is not softenend,she changed my lip and eye color...thats all..... TYVM.

soo yeah...

+ peace and quiet

huh, was it the answer to my post?

devilinside

whodunit?

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 10, 2008, 07:08 PM
Umm...no?

lolz, I knew it. cause it was like out of nowhere. sorry ;)

devilinside

Quote from: whodunit? on Sep 10, 2008, 07:12 PM
Quote from: devilinside on Sep 10, 2008, 07:08 PM
Umm...no?

lolz, I knew it. cause it was like out of nowhere. sorry ;)

Aww...it's okay. :)

White Pwny

Thanks for the link, I'll be sure to look at it.  I am always down to learn new things.  I don't quite get why you came at me when I posted what camera I was going to get.   I simply stated what kind and it was on.  You telling me that I won't be able to figure it out, and my pictures suck... blah blah.    I am not getting the feedback from my friends, ty.    It's the feedback from the people that want  me  to do their photography.   All my photos aren't softened, and not all of them look like "zombies".   The ones I do for a job I don't do all that for.   I like to play around with my pictures cuz  It's for ME, and if you don't like it, then fuck it....   I'm not a fucking idiot, and I do have the ability to learn something new.    There are so many talented photographers, and all have their own style.   I am allowed to have mine without people telling me I'm wrong.

devilinside

Quote from: White Pwny on Sep 10, 2008, 07:26 PM
  I don't quite get why you came at me when I posted what camera I was going to get.   I simply stated what kind and it was on.

Because,as I quoted earlier,you told me :

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 10, 2008, 05:11 PM
But I thought:

Quote from: White Pwny on Mar 15, 2008, 05:26 PM
Yeah, mine shoots burst too.   I like that.   I love the pics mine takes.   I was unaware your last one was a 6mp.    I looked at the 10 vs my 8.1 and t here just wasn't THAT much of a difference.  And I love the 10x zoom I have.      Glad ya like yer cam.. On the downside, sucks that you have to get all that other expensive stuff.    It kind of makes me laugh that it's all so expensive.  I can look back from years ago.. and some of the best shots were taken with camera's that aren't so advanced. Besides setting.... and getting a clear shot... the rest you can do with a good photo program.     

and now look who's following.   But again....GOOD LUCK.

+ no soccer or karate today
- my dogs vision is terrible
++ trees changing colors

Corleone

White Pwny

Ya yer right.  I should under no circumstance should be able to change my opinion based the experience that I've have gained since purchasing the camera 8 months ago.   I apologize.   

lostpilot

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn