Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The +/- thread!

Started by raynor, Jun 22, 2004, 10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyNo.9

+ Bristol was amazing
+ Mastodon were awesome
+ Week off after tomorrow
- Lost my voice during Blood and Thunder.

one weak

+ prop 8 fail ftw!

one weak

- Broke my ankle snowboarding

RoyalDeftonicBoy

+++ Finally moved with my gf to a new apartment
+ New TV
+ New Bed
+ New Subwoofer
- Need a little more furniture

pissedandpierced

+/- One day at work then two days off
- Three days till pay day
+ was a total dick to my boyfriend and I won
- Criminals
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

sing blue silver

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Feb 26, 2012, 08:16 PM
+ was a total dick to my boyfriend and I won

why is it i assume everyone on here is a guy until they reveal themselves otherwise? unless you're gay... then my bad.

+ wrote a couple bits i'm excited about
-kinda hit a wall putting it all together

black coffee

It's not an individual case, but I think it's rather sad that people use terms like winning or losing when its about their relationship.

Like there is something to win for you when you convince your partner that something is his fault, even though its yours.

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: black coffee on Feb 27, 2012, 02:06 PM
It's not an individual case, but I think it's rather sad that people use terms like winning or losing when its about their relationship.

Like there is something to win for you when you convince your partner that something is his fault, even though its yours.

Thank you for pointing this out, I agree wholeheartedly. A relationship is not you or me, it's us.

sing blue silver

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Feb 27, 2012, 03:33 PM
Quote from: black coffee on Feb 27, 2012, 02:06 PM

Thank you for pointing this out, I agree wholeheartedly. A relationship is not you or me, it's us.

Tell that to my girlfriend.

BillyNo.9

- Haven't felt this depressed and insignificant in a long time. I just want to fuck my organs up then sleep for a week.

sing blue silver

feel free to talk to me whenever dude. lord knows you've listened to my shit plenty of times.

BillyNo.9

Quote from: sing blue silver on Mar 02, 2012, 12:33 AM
feel free to talk to me whenever dude. lord knows you've listened to my shit plenty of times.

Haha true that man, but I'm a bit drunk now so I'd be rambling. Cheers though dude :)

lostpilot

a review of recent weeks:

+ upcoming shows, the quality of a live show is back again
+ relationship is still going pretty well, even though my overthinking superpower does not help much during some days
+ making great plans to move to Stockholm in a couple of years
- fear that those plans might fail on my behalf
- druqs
- health issues
+/- time of year shift
- vacation is almost over = will have to get back to THE MALL to work my ass off
- no dreams
- no creativity which can be translated to actual songs and albums, more like scattered mega ideas that I seem to be unable to finish

black coffee

Why Stockholm man? That city is overrated as F-U-C-K.
My brother was working in Sweden for some years,  and one time I visited Stockholm with him and I don't need to ever go back there.

That city is way too expensive ( everything: alcohol, club entrance, clothes, groceries, going to the movies.... ). Women seem rather arrogant, when we talked to some chicks in the club and they realized we were foreigners they threatened to call security ( ffs? ), and while it is the capital of Sweden, it is NOT that big of a town. When we left the club at 2AM, which imo is rather early, the town was dead!

Though from what my brother told me, Swedish people  like to stay in with friends instead of going out, I can't judge that. 

But I'd like to know more... you wanna apply for citizenship there or what is the plan?

from_musings

Quote from: black coffee on Mar 02, 2012, 10:47 AM
Women seem rather arrogant, when we talked to some chicks in the club and they realized we were foreigners they threatened to call security

haha you said "hello" and they threatened to call security because you didn't speak their language? it seems that you leave out some facts on what really happened, I doubt that you were 100% innocent. we need to get their version - but since that could be a problem, we only get to hear your version.. so.. what did you do you perv?

from_musings

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Mar 02, 2012, 12:45 AM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Mar 02, 2012, 12:33 AM

Haha true that man, but I'm a bit drunk now so I'd be rambling. Cheers though dude :)

yeah billy you can talk to me too. look me up at 4chan  8)

lostpilot

Why Stockholm man? That city is overrated as F-U-C-K.

Okay, dude, chill out, just some things.
The plan is - yes - to apply for a citizenship, get a job and LIVE. Social and financial situation in Sweden is so unimaginably better than Lithuania.

Some of my close friends live in Stockholm for a while now and they do like it, and I get first-hand info about the city, prices, lifestyle, people. You HAVE to take into account that now I live in Kaunas, Lithuania, which TRUST ME is a truly shitty place to live. There is NOTHING here. Post-soviet broken drunk people, stupid youth scumbags, no culture, no nothing. It's a fucking hell hole. Anything seems nice comparing to this, especially when it's Stockholm. Plus, it's close to Lithuania and it's cheapo to visit friends/family often enough to keep the love alive.

Other subject - WOMEN. Well dude, surprise surprise, fuck 'walking vaginas' (edit: just in case, no offence and disrespect to women <3 , just some dark humor), I am proudly gay and I do have a wonderful boyfriend with whom we are planning to move there. Also, our both personalities are such that we are not very fond of late night partying, clubs, noise or staying outdoors (in the city, the mall, a.k.a.) too much. Call me boring but I do like my life the way it is and for me personally the place seems quite suitable.

About size of the city - I now live in a city which is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy small. So trust me, Stockholm is a huge improvement in that case. Any more questions?

black coffee

First of all I am sorry if you thought that I wanted to talk you out of moving there. That was not my intention. I just wanted to state my opinion on this town and why I am not a fan of it, not kill the mood.

I see that for you it is definitely an improvement to move to Stockholm, and I'd be happy for you if it works out. The idea of moving to a different country and build something new there sounds fascinating and I could also imagine to do that someday.

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 02, 2012, 11:04 AM
Women seem rather arrogant, when we talked to some chicks in the club and they realized we were foreigners they threatened to call security

haha you said "hello" and they threatened to call security because you didn't speak their language? it seems that you leave out some facts on what really happened, I doubt that you were 100% innocent. we need to get their version - but since that could be a problem, we only get to hear your version.. so.. what did you do you perv?

We talked to a group of women in English, and probably should have left cause they didn't seem interested.
At the same time, they were hot and we were drunk, so why not give it another shot.
Though we were respectful towards them, asked if they wanted a drink, and still they finished us off with "we don't want anything, please leave us now or we call security". They must've thought they were VIP's or something.

Until today I am pretty sure it was because we were foreigners, but they looked pretty spoiled as well so maybe we just didn't look wealthy enough :(

chick de la lynch

I have an infatuation with Sweden, partially because I'm part Swedish, but mainly because of my love for Ingmar Bergman films. However, I'm a pussy when it comes to cold weather. I don't think I could handle that part of it. Hopefully things work out for you and you get to move out there.

lostpilot

Quote from: black coffee on Mar 02, 2012, 02:48 PM
First of all I am sorry if you thought that I wanted to talk you out of moving there. That was not my intention. I just wanted to state my opinion on this town and why I am not a fan of it, not kill the mood.

no worries man, I might have taken things a little too far.
yeah, well, about the weather - in Lithuania we usually get like -20/30 C winter colds and up to +20/30 summer weather.
I think I am fit to basically survive ANYWHERE on this god forsaken planet.