Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Money

Quote from: stu_101 on Feb 04, 2016, 07:16 PM
Is it just me or does the very first millisecond sounds like it's about to break into Feiticeira? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I hear it everytime

phil for real

How soon before release did Koi and Diamond Eyes leak?  I can't remember.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: phil for real on Feb 04, 2016, 09:39 PM
How soon before release did Koi and Diamond Eyes leak?  I can't remember.

Diamond Eyes about two months and KNY about a week prior

pelican fly

Ok. Its grown on me. I can't wait to hear how this record sounds as a whole.

ANattyRat

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Feb 04, 2016, 09:37 PM
regarding the cantrell solo, i listened to it again and its pretty notable on how different in tone it is from prayers/triangles. which is getting me super excited because it may be an indication that the sound range for gore may be pretty expansive

I definitely think the album will have a diverse sound, and a less happy sound than the last two albums. I know people often don't trust Chino's descriptions of albums since he usually says the same thing, but in this case, I'm inclined to believe it. This song is probably the more straightforward and radio-friendly of the bunch.

Deadradio

The feedback in the beginning sounds like Hole in the Earth.

defTHE1s

Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 04, 2016, 09:35 PM
Quote from: defTHE1s on Feb 04, 2016, 09:01 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 04, 2016, 07:54 PM
As long as it's not like Rosemary completely copying part of it from Diamond Eyes, I'll be happy, haha.
What part are you talking about?  :o

2:45
! No longer available

4:56
! No longer available
Wow, never noticed that haha... but they have similar patterns while being different riffs. It's like that debate between Beauty School and the Intro Clip of Eros videos.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

CarloDefDonno

Quote from: phil for real on Feb 04, 2016, 09:05 PM
Quote from: play on Feb 04, 2016, 09:03 PM
Loving this song more and more each time I listen.
Thank you Matt Hyde. I really disliked KNY production.
I know it's early days, but I am  seriously impressed.
I love watching the flamingos flying while listening to this.
It's amazing
I haven't been this excited since anticipation for SNW.

From the sounds of this song, you'll be getting SNW part two lol

That wouldn't be bad at all

B0RNtoR0CK

I'm really surprised no one has mentioned PALMS on here. On first listen I really thought of PALMS with distorted guitars. Anyways, what do we know about deftones? They are ever-changing and dynamic. I expect other songs on the album to resemble prayers/triangles as well as other songs that sound nothing like it.

My personal feelings about Prayers/Triangles = I really love the soundscape, its beautiful, but I feel there is too much noise going on with the layered vocal tracks/backing vocals. Its going to be a great live song IMO, but its also going to take a lot of out of chino.

Overall, I am very excited for the album. Sucks that we have to wait til April.

B0RNtoR0CK

Quote from: play on Feb 04, 2016, 09:03 PM
Loving this song more and more each time I listen.
Thank you Matt Hyde. I really disliked KNY production.
I know it's early days, but I am  seriously impressed.
I love watching the flamingos flying while listening to this.
It's amazing
I haven't been this excited since anticipation for SNW.

Yea, I agree. I already hear a difference between KNY (Axe FX guitars) vs Gore (orange amp/cabs?). I don't ultimately think its the producer that makes the decision on what amp is to be used on the recording, so you can't really blame the producer. Nick did Diamond Eyes and KNY, yet they sound drastically different.

Sleeping_Giant

What do you guys think - how long do we have to wait for another song? If I'm not wrong Tempest was released aprox. 2-3 weeks after Leathers, correct? Exactly the same thing with Rocket Skates and DE.

Damn, I really need another song cause I absolutely don't know how I feel about new Deftones. Prayers/Triangles seems ok but I really don't like what Chino did with screaming... Bridge is terrible imo.

BTW - Hi, I'm new here 8)

Vesanic

Quote from: B0RNtoR0CK on Feb 04, 2016, 10:00 PM
Its going to be a great live song IMO, but its also going to take a lot of out of chino.

This is where I need to say, I feel this sounds way more natural and adapted to his capacities than something like, say, Leathers, and it's the main reason I like the song. The live performances should turn out great and I think he won't have too much trouble hitting these notes.

deftoner664

The song is bad ass.. I love the bass lines/grooves and the hypnotic guitar in the intro verse; very well produced and super catchy. I do miss Terry's production on Abe's snare, that nice crack! which also was a different snare around WP/ST era (Tama OC Maple snare); Abe uses a completely different Tama snare ever since Diamond Eyes. However, the way Matt made Abe's toms sound punchy as hell. I don't care for the gritty distortion Matt used on Chinos vocals during the break/bridge, and I kinda wanted Chino to be a bit more aggressive vocally during that part. The chorus is very catchy and it's kinda soothing like Chino said in the interview... no doubt fit for a radio single.

Also I agree with the 80's influence like Inkblades mentioned... Chino did say Morrissey was a big influence for him vocally on the record, but I hear the Cure slipping in there a bit on the bass and ambient guitar parts. They dynamics are for sure there and very Deftones.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

HooiserBowhunter

When I first heard the 2nd teaser I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but after hearing the whole song I really like it. I am absolutely wearing it out right now haha. The only question now is do we think we will get anything else before the album drops in April or is this it?

Vesanic

Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Feb 04, 2016, 10:22 PM
What do you guys think - how long do we have to wait for another song? If I'm not wrong Tempest was released aprox. 2-3 weeks after Leathers, correct? Exactly the same thing with Rocket Skates and DE.

Damn, I really need another song cause I absolutely don't know how I feel about new Deftones. Prayers/Triangles seems ok but I really don't like what Chino did with screaming... Bridge is terrible imo.

BTW - Hi, I'm new here 8)

Ah, don't worry. It'll leak.

Sleeping_Giant

Let's face it - Deftones had many better "first" singles. I've never wanted to be a hater and I really appreciate all the effort guys put in their work. But comparing to other singles, P/T is far behind in my personal list.

1) Change
2) My Own Summer
3) Minerva
4) Leathers
5) HITE
6) Prayers/Triangles
7) Diamond Eyes
8) 7 Words

Anyways I bet the rest of the album will be 10/10 and much better than KNY/DE.

Alectwin

I enjoyed KNY a lot...it was so crappy for you all?

Sleeping_Giant

KNY was great. I just hope Gore will be even better.

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

sooniletugo

Quote from: MrVesanique on Feb 04, 2016, 10:24 PM
This is where I need to say, I feel this sounds way more natural and adapted to his capacities than something like, say, Leathers, and it's the main reason I like the song. The live performances should turn out great and I think he won't have too much trouble hitting these notes.

Great point. He couldn't even attempt to sing most of those KNY songs properly live. He plays to his strengths here and it sounds much more natural.

Definitely reminds me of Palms a bit too. And SNW.