Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HooiserBowhunter

Quote from: luisch on Mar 04, 2016, 05:55 AM
Gettin' excited

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCb11HVnIbZ/

Wow what a lucky guy! Dude is just melting on a couch feet propped up soaking in a private rehearsal.

nicklav

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 04, 2016, 05:13 AM
I haven't seen anyone else say anything about Gore except their opinions on what they've actually heard.  I've heard both positive and negative reactions, but in the end all fairly respectful.  I've yet to see anyone say Gore is going to be the worst thing ever, considering they haven't heard anything but P/T at this point.

For better or worse, whether I agree with what they say or not at least it's based on something concrete.  The people like you, however, who've already crowned Gore as Deftones' magnum opus, are the ridiculous ones.  You're basing your assumptions on nothing.  Just relax and stop being so holier-than-thou on every single post you make.  We get it, you're so much of a better person because you like KNY the best and your taste is so refined and mature.  But not everyone likes the same things you do.  It's really annoying and I'm sure I'm not the only one tired of it.

Just wait for the album to drop before you go making assumptions on how good it's going to be.  In either direction.

^^^

LG95

I could float here forever

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: LG95 on Mar 04, 2016, 07:03 PM
http://wdhafm.com/2016/03/04/84491/

For anyone who can't/doesn't want to open that link.

Chino regarding that Steph interview:

"It was pretty apparent while we were making the record that he was sort of odd man out in a way. The main thing is he sort of put himself there. He was there every day, very present in the studio there...It totally took him awhile to get invested in what we were doing, and it wasn't our intention to not include him. Obviously he's one of my favorite parts of this band and what he brings to the plate is very important. But, y'know, sometimes people are in different headspaces and it's as simple as that. I think in the end, though, where that article may have come off (that) he was just not involved is incorrect, 'cause he was very much involved. It just took him awhile to get there."
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

from_musings

there are three sides to every deftones story: chino's, stephen's and the truth

Inkblades

Lol, poor Chino has to do damage control in the press now. Bad Stephen!

Capt Snow

Quote from: Inkblades on Mar 04, 2016, 09:24 PM
Lol, poor Chino has to do damage control in the press now. Bad Stephen!

Is it me or does this read like a Trump tweet?

HooiserBowhunter

Well hopefully they are all good with everything now. Stephen is so much of a big part of their sound that I love. I will have to say that their dynamics have definitely changed sound wise, and Im sure chemistry wise since Chi's unfortunate passing. When you watch interviews it seems like Chi was a big piece of the puzzle that seemed to mesh the band together in more ways than just sound. He just seemed like a great guy that was super down to Earth. I think Sergio brings something great to the band as well. They just sound slightly different which is to be expected, but both great bass players. I hope they find common ground b/c as far as I am concerned they are my favorite rock band. I hope they truly understand how much all of us love the sound they put together. No other band on the planet even comes close.

sooniletugo

Chino interview on Scuzz TV 5pm UK time.

NYRexall

No 'Doomed User' single today

Maybe someone from the band is reading SL, saw everyone shitting on P/T for sounding too much like Deftones, and figured 'why bother'

sharinglungs

Quote from: NYRexall on Mar 04, 2016, 11:58 PM

Maybe someone from the band is reading SL, saw everyone shitting on P/T for sounding too much like Deftones, and figured 'why bother'

No one said it would come today. Only people on here who hyped themselves up because of what it says on iTunes and people jumping to conclusions.

Quote from: sooniletugo on Mar 04, 2016, 11:44 PM
Chino interview on Scuzz TV 5pm UK time.

5PM UK time was 7 hours ago. it's past midnight now. Unless you mean 5PM tomorrow night?

Edit: Yes it's Saturday at 5PM GMT...

For those who hate all things timezones or just didn't get through grade 5...

5PM GMT = 9AM PST/10AM MST/11AM CST/12PM EST/1PM AST for those in Canada's Atlantic Time Zone like me.

ANattyRat

Quote from: NYRexall on Mar 04, 2016, 11:58 PM

Most people have had good things to say about Prayers/Triangles. Some people have complaints here and there, but overall enjoy the song. They've been doing this for a long time, I'm sure they're used to some people not liking every single thing they do. Besides, by that logic, why release any music ever again? They're not seven year olds.

sooniletugo

Yeah sorry. I meant tomorrow. I'll be watching.

They're playing a festival tomorrow night too. Hopefully we'll hear something new over the weekend whether it's a single or live recording of a new song. :D would even be interesting to hear P/T live.

ANattyRat

Quote from: sooniletugo on Mar 05, 2016, 12:41 AM
Yeah sorry. I meant tomorrow. I'll be watching.

They're playing a festival tomorrow night too. Hopefully we'll hear something new over the weekend whether it's a single or live recording of a new song. :D would even be interesting to hear P/T live.

Hopefully people will be recording the first time they play Prayers/Triangles. It'll give us something new to talk about, I suppose. And hopefully a few setlist surprises, but I guess one thing at a time.

E-Money

I'll be going tmrw night. I'll post during the show If anything new is played. Stoked to see prayers live. Shits gonna be a banger for sure.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: E-Money on Mar 05, 2016, 03:19 AM
I'll be going tmrw night. I'll post during the show If anything new is played. Stoked to see prayers live. Shits gonna be a banger for sure.

Thanks man, have fun!  :)

2MoreHours

They just posted this pic on FB.  Looks like a video is coming soon.

N0S3BLEED976

That dickfart dude was right...

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: E-Money on Mar 05, 2016, 03:19 AMStoked to see prayers live. Shits gonna be a banger for sure.

what really just gets me about prayers/triangles is that ending chorus. where the whole song comes together in an epic blossoming of sound and vibes. that to me will be the most important part live, and since its deftones they probably will kill it. have fun

ANattyRat

What do we think, video for Doomed User, what with its track length being on iTunes? Cool stuff, I hope we don't have to wait too long to hear it. Hopefully it's all finished up and they're just applying the finishing touches.