Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HooiserBowhunter

Anyone thats good want to take a stab at the lyrics ha?

Freedomsoldier17

gonna need a studio version to make a proper judgement because it seemed super off vocally

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: HooiserBowhunter on Mar 06, 2016, 04:02 PM
Anyone thats good want to take a stab at the lyrics ha?

Don't make this out to be something about you

77years

That mega upload link in the live thread has the clearest vocals of all the videos I saw, and even then I could only make out some of the last verse

HooiserBowhunter

[/quote]

[/quote]

?

N0S3BLEED976

lyrics from the chorus, bro

77years

Don't waste your breath

(Someone) to someone new

HooiserBowhunter

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Mar 06, 2016, 04:14 PM
lyrics from the chorus, bro

Oh haha. Good call, I could see that. I am terrible at making out lyrics even on studio versions. I end up singing a song in front of people at work, and their typical response is thats not what they are saying at all haha.

Sicario

Doomed User sounds pretty brutal. Kinda this trudging sound. Like a slower more metal CMND/CTRL. Seems like a Steph type of thing. I bet it will be punishing on the new album if it is mixed correctly. I didn't listen to the whole thing so I could try and preserve it for when the studio version is released. From what I heard, there were a few "Chino Squeals" in the track so I just replaced them with actual screams for the studio version since we know Chino does the squealing on live versions of songs  :D
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

Yoi Yes Kokan

i cant even hear the goddamn song, ya'll are desperate and begging, cheer up, it's only a month away.

HooiserBowhunter

This is the best video I have found of Doomed User. I don't think the band sounds that bad I just think a lot of the videos are less than par. I know I'm obessing a touch, but they are literally my favorite hands down.
http://www.theprp.com/2016/03/06/news/watch-deftones-debut-new-song-doomed-user-live-at-musink-fest/

sooniletugo

Yeah the sound quality doesn't do them justice. Chino though, as much as I love him, sounds pretty bad at this show. Hopefully he will improve with more shows. it's hard to tell what his vocals wil be like on Doomed User but this does sound promising.

77years

Lol @ the guy flicking Sergio off throughout the entire song

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: HooiserBowhunter on Mar 06, 2016, 05:28 PM
This is the best video I have found of Doomed User. I don't think the band sounds that bad I just think a lot of the videos are less than par. I know I'm obessing a touch, but they are literally my favorite hands down.
http://www.theprp.com/2016/03/06/news/watch-deftones-debut-new-song-doomed-user-live-at-musink-fest/

Much better than the other version. While it shows that the vocals aren't quite as bad during all of it, they are still pretty bad during those chorus parts for sure, among a few other spots.

HooiserBowhunter

sounds like he is saying:

Theres a new _______
Don't deny it
Go waste your breath somewhere to someone new

Teknoman

IMHO Chino should stop writing/using high pitch notes on new songs,  he can barely pull them off outside of the studio.
https://youtu.be/ZqbpVULPxis

I make music too

beansandcornbread

Quote from: Teknoman on Mar 06, 2016, 06:07 PM
IMHO Chino should stop writing/using high pitch notes on new songs,  he can barely pull them off outside of the studio.
https://youtu.be/ZqbpVULPxis

Not a chance.  Albums are for being your best.  What happens live happens.

Havoc

Just taking a stab at the meaning behind the words we can actually understand. Could be about a drug user. (Don't deny it!)

sharinglungs

Doomed User is gonna be fuckin HOT HOT HOT.

Hinojos

I'm free and bored at the moment so i'll try and do what I can with the lyrics but idk lol; this is going be challenging as hell, and probably impossible until the studio version. Given at how off he kind of sounded on Prayers/Triangles live (at least to me), I have pretty high hopes for Doomed User. I was actually into the live version and I feel like the studio version will be pretty dope and unique in a heavy but also a pretty melodic way. Anyways, feel free to add on or correct anything. I tried to make some context-clue connections here and there but it was still challenging. The ones without question marks are the ones i'm pretty sure about:

There
Got your shot
Say goodbye
Now the end
(True it?)
(It expired/it explodes?)
(Fucking don't just leave it?)
Back one day
Stuck in your (repulsion/web of shit/rippled shit?)
Open your eyes
You only pick your side
Who (else?) is watching (hope catch that strip?)
Collect your crown
You're now the queen of ? (crap/crud?)

There
Say goodbye
(Girl?) It's not just the end
(The?)
Better style
(First?)  (strike/stroke/strum?)

The delusion
Don't deny it / Don't you like it

(I'm pissed off?)
Fucking repulsed by this
(My only chant / My only chance?)
Was what I ? this ? (Was what I lost this time?)
Now I've become
?? (Just crawl up her eyes and??)
Open your (crass/cracks/crafts?)
??

There
Say goodbye
(says?) the end
(To?)
(Excite your fire/It's such a fine??)
?? (Line?) <-- Could make sense following "It's such a fine"

The delusion
Don't deny it