Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defsteve

Quote from: ANattyRat on Mar 05, 2016, 09:15 PM
Glad to hear they'll be playing lots of new songs at Wembley. Hopefully some less commonly played songs, too. I'm still hoping Abe's interview when he said about them wanting to switch up the setlists after the album is released is true.

Obviously a few off Gore too but this would be my dream Wembley setlist.

Headup
Prince
Royal
Engine No.9
Elite
Street Carp
Needles and Pins
Deathblow
Xerces
Combat
Kimdracula
When Girls Telephone Boys
Battle-Axe
Romantic Dreams
Graphic Nature
Gauze
Rickets
Dai The Flu

Encore:

Goon Squad
Pink Maggit
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

stu_101

Quote from: defsteve on Mar 05, 2016, 09:18 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Mar 05, 2016, 09:15 PM
Glad to hear they'll be playing lots of new songs at Wembley. Hopefully some less commonly played songs, too. I'm still hoping Abe's interview when he said about them wanting to switch up the setlists after the album is released is true.

Obviously a few off Gore too but this would be my dream Wembley setlist.

Headup

Prince

Royal

Engine No.9

Elite

Street Carp

Needles and Pins

Deathblow

Xerces

Combat

Kimdracula

When Girls Telephone Boys

Battle-Axe

Romantic Dreams

Graphic Nature

Gauze

Rickets

Dai The Flu

Encore:

Goon Squad

Pink Maggit
I'd rock to that for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HooiserBowhunter

I hope someone posts a live version of Prayers/Triangles if they play it tonight. Also I can not wait to see if they made a video, and if so what song it might be.

mono

Maybe there's some new songs tonight at Muzink Festival. The photo is from Sergio's tech, with the bass used in gore recording.

ANattyRat

I'm reasonably sure we'll hear Prayers/Triangles, but think it very unlikely they play any other new songs. When asked why they weren't playing new songs during their shows (I think during the Incubus shows?), they said they thought about it but didn't want the first time people hear those new songs to be live. So I can't see them playing anything else from the album, but here's hoping.

daicula

Someone posted a setlist on the Deftones Revolucion fan page. They played Doomed User.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCmddetFEBj/

boredpassenger

Doomed User https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyn_wnbZfZA

The guitar in the verse indeed sounds very metal. I'd like to hear the studio version now, it sounds interesting.

NYRexall

Quote from: from_musings on Mar 05, 2016, 11:34 AM
Quote from: NYRexall on Feb 25, 2016, 05:58 AM

Deftones internet experts will do the talking "That 30-second Gore clip sounded like fucking ass on my computer speakers! This album is gonna suck, they're finished!"

Quote from: NYRexall on Mar 04, 2016, 11:58 PM

Maybe someone from the band is reading SL, saw everyone shitting on P/T for sounding too much like Deftones, and figured 'why bother'

"A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent.[1]

The so-called typical "attacking a straw man" argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition by covertly replacing it with a different proposition (i.e. "stand up a straw man") and then to refute or defeat that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the original proposition.[2][3]"

Good to see you warmed to P/T, Danger Mouse. I knew you'd come around, lol

NYRexall

Quote from: stu_101 on Mar 05, 2016, 07:33 PM
Totally stoked for this record - think/hope it will sound quite dark. Just my speculation, if Chino and Sergio wrote the record, I presume Chino plays guitar on most tracks. Typically, chino doesn't like the heavy tracks and guitar playing live - I therefore question the aggression the record might have...

But he also said that once Steph came in, everything amplified as far as aggression was concerned..

Havoc

Doomed User is definitely a good tune!

Yoi Yes Kokan

aggression is the only word you motherfuckers know

sooniletugo

Shocked to see Chino didn't play guitar on Doomed User.

chuckles

Few great things just happened...

Diaz won...
Tate won...
El Usuario Condenado was played live
And Chino didn't play guitar...

😬😬😬
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

CarloDefDonno

Chino didnt play guitar on Doomed User yesterday, so, probably the music video that they are shooting is for another song.

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: CarloDefDonno on Mar 06, 2016, 12:26 PM
Chino didnt play guitar on Doomed User yesterday, so, probably the music video that they are shooting is for another song.

So basically it has to be for Prayers then? That sucks, I don't want a video for that at this point.

CarloDefDonno

I don't know, maybe it's another song. Before KNY they'd play Poltergeist and Rosemary, despite the fact that they didn't release them as singles. I still want to hope it's Doomes User. I would love to hear the studio version, that song is sick as hell.

snw9

Acid Hologram and Doomed User; two heavy tracks back to back on the record
Code: [Select]

Vesanic

Wouldn't mind seeing a video for P/T. If there's commercial potential on a Gore song, it's probably (bearing in mind I haven't heard the rest) this one.

77years

Quote from: boredpassenger on Mar 06, 2016, 07:03 AM

The guitar in the verse indeed sounds very metal. I'd like to hear the studio version now, it sounds interesting.

I agree about the verse. Very heavy stuff. Can't wait to hear that quiet part, interesting vocal hooks as well

snw9

Quote from: 77years on Mar 06, 2016, 03:10 PM
Quote from: boredpassenger on Mar 06, 2016, 07:03 AM

I agree about the verse. Very heavy stuff. Can't wait to hear that quiet part, interesting vocal hooks as well

Verse reminds me a little of Will Haven and some poltergeist
Code: [Select]