Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil for real

I wish this album would leak already.  Wonder how close we are until it does?

sharinglungs

Quote from: phil for real on Mar 10, 2016, 12:24 AM

couple of weeks at least.

sooniletugo

Maybe Chino will take you back to his tour bus if you're lucky.

beaverwithfishyshoes

Quote from: Lucky_Me on Mar 09, 2016, 11:31 AM
LOL I'm so going to show up dressed up as Martin Gore for the Milano show. 8)

I'm a huge Depeche Mode fan and I know Deftones are too, so I think it's time to dye my hair blonde, to blow the dust off my faux-latex black dress and to surprise them with a surprise celebrity visit. ;)

when I dress up like Chino I sit at pizza hut for a week.

jaypayton

Chino is the Depeche fan..Abe and Steph probably cant name 1 Depeche song

cvthedrv

Quote from: jaypayton on Mar 10, 2016, 02:45 AM
Chino is the Depeche fan..Abe and Steph probably cant name 1 Depeche song

you're wrong, in an interview, stef said that his favorite dm album was 'ultra'.

Lucky_Me

Stef has great taste then, wow! ;D I love Ultra, but Songs of Faith and Devotion will always be my favorite, although I'm starting to develop a soft spot for 80's Depeche Mode. Martin's style was so quirky back then. ::)

Wasn't Chino into a lot of  dark wave music, like Siouxsie and the Banshees, Sisters of Mercy and Joy Division? I guess most new wave bands, like Talk Talk and Spandau Ballet, would be too campy for him, haha. I love that music nonetheless. Depeche Mode will always be among my all-time favorites, though. On topic: I hope Gore has some elements of dark wave. I think Doomed User will be awesome, as I like the metal edge, but I definitely wouldn't mind hearing some Duran Duran-esque flair in the music. I'd personally love that. :)

As for the dressing up part... I know they'll get the joke and we'll all get a good laugh out of it. I tend to not always take myself all too seriously. Cheer up, lighten up and enjoy the live experience! Nothing's more awesome than to be recognized by your favorite artists. My intention is just to entertain them a bit and to have fun making a fool out of myself. I don't need to get on their bus to prove myself and they know that. In this situation, I could compare myself to a Louis Vuitton purse: I may look a tad tacky and cheap, but God know's I'm not. ;)
Eccentricity is but a sophisticated form of insanity.

Vesanic

Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 26, 2016, 07:26 PM
V, I agree with you that KNY is the least of their albums and definitely has something missing, but can we put all the blame on Chino? Maybe some, but we also have to look at Steph for coming up with a lot of bland and uninspired riffs. I mean, he's pretty much even admitting he doesn't care about getting better and he didn't want to play on Gore.

Nah mate, of course there are other factors. And I wouldn't even talk about blaming something or someone, it's just the way things evolved, in those circumstances. Chi's passing played a major role in leaving something missing in Deftones' sound. Regarding Chino, I think he had a bigger creative say during KNY than during DE. Also, his vocal melodies played a major, major role in throwing me off from every track off KNY, at the exception of Rosemary, Poltergeist and the verses of Gauze. Maybe an extra for Goon Squad.

The other members could be "blamed" too. It's not like any of them is ever going to stand up to Chino and say "Dude, could you make something more ethereal, not in the poppy way?" because for one thing, they don't even think about it or its hypothetical "necessity", and second, I think they just want to keep the machine on the roll.

And yeah, Stef could be debated. If he wants to be a string perv, why not, but why wouldn't he do something actually fucking heavy with that kind of gear? For what he does with it, he could just go back to a 7-string. And I think it's bullshit that you can't go back to "simple" creative six-string riffs when you've tried the 8 once. Limits can trigger the creative sense in a more urging, fruitful way.

Penicks

Quote from: Lucky_Me on Mar 09, 2016, 09:56 PM
If I wouldn't always come up with such insane surprises, being a Deftones fan wouldn't have been half as much fun for me. ;) I'd never miss an opportunity to make a fool out of myself and enjoy it. I'm sure the members themselves find me fun and bold, so my habit tends to get me into a lot of surprisingly awesome situations, with artists in general actually. :)

People around me can think I'm the Queen of England, but as long as we're all having a good time together, I love to pop up as a 'surprise celebrity' and steal the show. 8) It's really funny, so why bother the haters? The lovers are going to love it anyway.

Lucky_Me

@Penicks: That was exactly the response I was hoping for! Bye, Penicks! ;D
Eccentricity is but a sophisticated form of insanity.

2MoreHours

Quote from: phil for real on Mar 10, 2016, 12:24 AM

2 more hours

Yoi Yes Kokan

you want the album to leak? thats terrible.

are we still in the napster/torrent phase?

2MoreHours

Quote from: Yoi Yes Kokan on Mar 10, 2016, 03:00 PM

I want it to leak.  I ain't buying that shiz. lol

sharinglungs

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: Yoi Yes Kokan on Mar 10, 2016, 03:00 PM

Um fuck yeah

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: sharinglungs on Mar 10, 2016, 03:05 PM
Doomed User releasing NEXT Friday, March 18th

https://myspace.com/deftones/music/album/doomed-user-20801256

Damn, too far (now knowing the date from today lol).
I wonder if a random MySpace page is accurate...

2MoreHours

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Mar 10, 2016, 03:07 PM

Damn, Deftones are still using Myspace?  hahaha!

sharinglungs

How is it a random MySpace page? It IS their official one as far as I know?

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: sharinglungs on Mar 10, 2016, 03:11 PM

I know that but I mean a random page on their MySpace - referring to the fact that no one uses/upkeeps MySpace pages anymore (I thought)..

sharinglungs

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Mar 10, 2016, 03:16 PM
Quote from: sharinglungs on Mar 10, 2016, 03:11 PM

I know that but I mean a random page on their MySpace - referring to the fact that no one uses/upkeeps MySpace pages anymore (I thought)..
to be fair i thought myspace was dead too lol