Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlaggot

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Mar 27, 2016, 04:36 PM
The transitions between songs and the resulting feeling like KNY was one solid calculated piece of work was one of the main reasons it was so great. Really hope Gore has that same feeling, or if possible, expands upon it.

Totally agree. While KNY was not their most experimental album i do believe that it was their most cohesive and probably the easiest album to listen to all the way through besides maybe WP. If Gore can "connect the dots" between songs like KNY did I'd be ecstatic, but im not getting my hopes up. The band has said they took a more fragmented approach to writing this album which leads me to believe it will be more of a collection of songs.

LG95

Agree on the strength of KNY - the reason it's a really good album is because of how it works as a record rather than necessarily how the individual songs work. I get the feeling Gore will work because of how fragmented it will be - whereas the cohesion of KNY made it a pretty optimistic album, I think from what people have said about Gore, the weirder vibe will be boosted by it being a bit more fragmented.
I could float here forever

77years

Quote from: sooniletugo on Mar 27, 2016, 04:25 PM
but then it comes to a beautiful end and blends into muthafuckin Goon Squad

One of my top 5 Deftones moments - almost like an entire song crammed in between those two

CarloDefDonno

Quote from: LG95 on Mar 27, 2016, 05:13 PM
Agree on the strength of KNY - the reason it's a really good album is because of how it works as a record rather than necessarily how the individual songs work. I get the feeling Gore will work because of how fragmented it will be - whereas the cohesion of KNY made it a pretty optimistic album, I think from what people have said about Gore, the weirder vibe will be boosted by it being a bit more fragmented.

And that's just like it was boosted in WP, IMHO.

jciraheta

a little tribute i made with a friend https:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gImrfD86Om8

pelican fly

Quote from: LG95 on Mar 27, 2016, 05:13 PM

I think Chino said something like after Hearts/Wires, the album kind of all comes together or something. I thought KNY did a good job of that somewhat. I love where the album goes after Entombed. The first 5 songs aren't bad by any stretch, but I think the back half of the album sounds more cohesive and is what I love about that album. 6-11 is where KNY shines.

I have a feeling that Gore is going to be great and hopefully we get some of those intro/interlude type of things and they are more expanded on.
I loved how Prayers had that weird intro on the first teaser. I actually wish they would've kept that intro instead.

sharinglungs

Everything we've heard about the album is that hearts / wires is where the album takes off until the end. Let's hope it's true although I'm going to love it either way.

BallZDeeP

We'll find out soon enough

Inkblades

Who do y'all reckon is playing those guitar licks on the Hearts/Wires intro? Steph or Chino?

StaminaDaddy

if there's a leak, i'll delete my account and there won't be so you have to respect me so lets see all your big ups

2MoreHours

We're probably no later than a week away from a leak.

BallZDeeP

Im sure they are shipping to retailers later this week

Vesanic

Tumor ours

rainnyx4

Actually had a fucking dream in which this leaked last night.

2MoreHours

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Mar 28, 2016, 04:47 PM
Actually had a fucking dream in which this leaked last night.

How did it sound?  Was Steph playing an acoustic guitar is standard tuning?

Vesanic

Betting Chino was back on drums like the prophecy first intended it

jciraheta

i really would love  if it leaks around friday , have a weekend trip and it would be amazing driving with the new songs

rainnyx4

Don't think I actually had a chance to listen to it while I was dreaming. I think I noticed that it leaked, frantically tried to download it, and then promptly realized I was dreaming and woke up.

ANattyRat

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Mar 28, 2016, 05:34 PM
Don't think I actually had a chance to listen to it while I was dreaming. I think I noticed that it leaked, frantically tried to download it, and then promptly realized I was dreaming and woke up.

Haha, I had a dream like that around Diamond Eyes. Obsession or what?

Reichward

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Mar 28, 2016, 05:34 PM
I think I noticed that it leaked, frantically tried to download it, and then promptly realized I was dreaming and woke up.
http://www.greekmyths-greekmythology.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/tantalus1-3124.jpg