Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Money

I'm stoked for Rubicon! I always love their closers! Been my favorite tracks on the last 3 records. I think I read in one of the interviews recently it had some post-rock sounding guitars :)! Sweet!

Oh actually I've already heard it, in fact I'm listening to it now..

Toodles

Berserker_Armor

Hearts/Wires is definitely my second choice. Deftones channeling Pink Floyd is something I've wanted for awhile.

As far as the title track goes, I haven't read or heard anything about it... aside from Chino stating its his least favorite. (I guess I can see how that might appeal to some fans)

pelican fly

Quote from: Berserker_Armor on Mar 30, 2016, 03:21 AM
As far as the title track goes, I haven't read or heard anything about it... aside from Chino stating its his least favorite. (I guess I can see how that might appeal to some fans)

link? I honestly didn't hear/know that lol. If that's the case, I want to hear it even more now.

Berserker_Armor

http://m.imgur.com/a/8B8Jr

There ya go. It's in the first picture. Also says Acid Hologram is his favorite.

Val

Quote from: E-Money on Mar 30, 2016, 03:11 AM

Toodles
LIAR
I
A
R

pelican fly

Quote from: Berserker_Armor on Mar 30, 2016, 03:34 AM
http://m.imgur.com/a/8B8Jr

There ya go. It's in the first picture. Also says Acid Hologram is his favorite.

Thanks man. I missed this .

Reichward

I'm stoked for Rubicon! I always love their closers! Been my favorite tracks on the last 3 records. I think I read in one of the interviews recently it had some post-rock sounding guitars :)! Sweet!

Toodles

Well to me the best track was definitely Pittura Infamante, especially Abe's accordion solo at the end, man he really has some hidden talents doesn't he. Really goes well with Stef's ukulele.

This album is clearly different from what I imagined

chuckles

sigh... que mucha mierda hablan...
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

ANattyRat

Quote from: chuckles on Mar 30, 2016, 06:17 AM

Got to pass time somehow.

chuckles

Quote from: ANattyRat on Mar 30, 2016, 06:26 AM
Quote from: chuckles on Mar 30, 2016, 06:17 AM

Got to pass time somehow.

haha.. yeah, i guess your right... xD
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

StaminaDaddy

sharinglungs

Oh cool you can link me to my pre-order.

Capt Snow

2MoreHours

Quote from: Reichward on Mar 30, 2016, 05:30 AM

Toodles

Well to me the best track was definitely Pittura Infamante, especially Abe's accordion solo at the end, man he really has some hidden talents doesn't he. Really goes well with Stef's ukulele.

This album is clearly different from what I imagined

I'm with you on Pittura Infamante although I don't really care for Chino's donkey "he-haw" that he does during the chorus.  I feel like a barking sound or even a meow would have fit better.

StaminaDaddy

Quote from: nicklav on Mar 30, 2016, 02:51 AM
Quote from: 77years on Mar 30, 2016, 02:47 AM
I'm a sucker for the last track on any Deftones album, so. 

Likewise.

yes

moana is the one for me

Royal John

2 more hours...

Capt Snow

Quote from: Royal John on Mar 30, 2016, 02:01 PM
Heard the album today. Don't ask me to how I got it and don't tell me to leak it. Let's just say I work in the music industry.

Gore is definitely the most experimental album Deftones has ever made. And you know what? It's not my favorite record, but I think it's their best since White Pony. It sounds DIFFERENT and FRESH. The songs flow beautifuly and make Gore a very cohesive album. You feel like you're listening to a lenghty song with multiple and unexpected variations. It's a journey, a unique journey. That's the best way I can describe Gore. For those of you who didn't like Prayers/Triangles, don't worry...it's the weakest track (in my opinion).

Favorite songs:

Acid Hologram (Chino's voice is haunting)
Geometric Headdress (Abe Cunningham!!!)
Pittura Infamante (the best song Deftones has ever made, it's insanely good)
(L)MIRL (The intro feels like you're in a John Carpenter movie. Dark, heavy, in your face riffs that will wake up the dead)
Hearts/Wires (the Pink Floyd vibe is definitely there, but there's plenty more to it)
Rubicon (Frank sets the mood in this one. Tremendous way to end Gore)

>plenty more to it

>riffs that will wake up the dead

>tremendous way to end gore

smh these trolls aren't even trying anymore

Vesanic

Everybody cALM THE FUCK DOWN

StaminaDaddy