Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallZDeeP

77years

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Mar 30, 2016, 05:20 PM
That ho from loudwire needs to leak this shit.  She doesn't need a job.  What's she doing out of the kitchen anyway?

I agree. Band sluts are the worst when it comes to leaking shit. Maybe she's holding out for some coke.

pinata89

While I wouldn't refuse a leak, it kind of says a bit about the fanbase.

For example, I saw Autolux in Nashville over the weekend at Third Man Records (Jack White's record store), and they pressed/recorded the show straight to vinyl AS they were playing.  It was a super cool experience to be apart of that.

Anyhow, they're new album comes out Friday Apr 1--yet they had copies for sale at their merch booth (both vinyl and CD)...saw several people buying copies (I didn't, because I have one pre-ordered and didn't want to waste $15 to have two copies).  With that said, and KNOWING there are copies floating around out there, still no one has leaked it.  Granted, Autolux has a very dedicated and small following...hence demand is lower compared to a Deftones release; but it shows a lot of respect to the artist to keep it as your own and not flood the internet with free copies prior to release date.

I don't know, just an interesting observation I had.

Oh, and in reference to being able to "like" posts: I would dig that.  This forum should follow a similar format to echoingthesound.org (NIN forum), in my opinion.

stu_101

Quote from: pinata89 on Mar 30, 2016, 06:20 PM

For example, I saw Autolux in Nashville over the weekend at Third Man Records (Jack White's record store), and they pressed/recorded the show straight to vinyl AS they were playing.  It was a super cool experience to be apart of that.

Anyhow, they're new album comes out Friday Apr 1--yet they had copies for sale at their merch booth (both vinyl and CD)...saw several people buying copies (I didn't, because I have one pre-ordered and didn't want to waste $15 to have two copies).  With that said, and KNOWING there are copies floating around out there, still no one has leaked it.  Granted, Autolux has a very dedicated and small following...hence demand is lower compared to a Deftones release; but it shows a lot of respect to the artist to keep it as your own and not flood the internet with free copies prior to release date.

Oh, and in reference to being able to "like" posts: I would dig that.  This forum should follow a similar format to echoingthesound.org (NIN forum), in my opinion.
If you view the forum using TapaTalk, you can "like" a post

cvthedrv

so apparently rubicon is an instrumental song, this is kind of wierd.

PS: FUCK DA BITCH.

E-Money

Quote from: cvthedrv on Mar 30, 2016, 06:49 PM

No fucking way...?? Who said that!? That would suck

illthrowROCKS@U

I agree.  I was shocked when that guy a page or 2 back said if the album leaks he wouldn't buy the album.  Blows me away that someone who's a huge fan of this band would avoid purchasing their album.

And it's more than just supporting the band monetarily.  Of course bands make more money from touring and merch than they do from album sales, but album sales do still have an impact.  The better the album sells, the more people hear of it when it hits the tops of the charts.  Then you get even more fans, people who otherwise may not have heard of the band, or had heard the band during the WP era and/or DE era and just lost track of them or are just casual fans.  A continuous influx of new fans is important to the lasting success of a band, it encourages the band to continue making good music for a longer period of time.

Just buy the record guys, no matter what.  It's not that expensive to purchase an album on iTunes, and you don't have to worry about anything dangerous getting onto your computer.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

theataraxian

Hey wow, I was at that show! I met Jack White in the parking lot!
death is the standard breach for a complex prize

pinata89

Quote from: theataraxian on Mar 30, 2016, 06:54 PM

Hey wow, I was at that show! I met Jack White in the parking lot!

Yeah, me and my buddy chatted with him inside the blue room. Pretty cool that he was there!

plagasx

Nooooooooooooo

77years

Really?

That sucks cat balls

The closing song is always my most looked-forward-to song

illthrowROCKS@U

Why is everyone so adverse to an instrumental?  I think that would be fantastic.  Konami code is one of my favorites from them.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

phil for real

Who said Rubicon was an instrumental?

Berserker_Armor

If that's true, some Deftones mixed with Explosions in the Sky is cool. I use them as comparison because in addition to being instrumental - I think they're considered post rock, which Rubicon is described as.

But when Chino's your front man, an instrumental is an odd choice.  :o

cvthedrv

the konami code was great

E-Money

I highly doubt it's instrumental.

whitefur

Deftones are not going to end an album with an instrumental.

phil for real

This album will never leak.  Most album are only leaking two to four days in advance I've noticed. 

Lurid Vega

Throw rocks, agreed good sir

BallZDeeP

New Weezer is up. Where the fuck is Gore?