Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcellRoncsák

Quote from: gwenudo666 on Mar 31, 2016, 04:50 PM
Quote from: MarcellRoncsák on Mar 31, 2016, 04:48 PM
Hey guys! I just found out about this site and it's awesome. Deftones has been my favorite band since I was a kid and I absolutely worship anything from their Around The Fur record to their latest releases and cannot wait for Gore to drop.
I am a guitarist and I made a lead guitar remix for Doomed User, I wrote a little guitar solo section for it aswell, I was just always curious how would they sound like with more lead parts so I did this cover. Hope you enjoy it!  :)
Cover: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mKylN3h1-s
Nice vid! This was posted yesterday on here. Huge props on the cover though, i wish i could shred.

Ohh I didn't know it was already posted on here haha Glad you enjoyed my cover tho, I also just released an original song, I highly recommend it to give it a listen, my main influences were Deftones, Korn and Alice in Chains: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySYVCRy_21s
Take me back to the 90's :)

Far away

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Mar 31, 2016, 01:41 PM
Quote from: Far away on Mar 31, 2016, 11:20 AM
So many positive reviews, I wonder what if most of us in here hate it. Lol...

Not trying to be negative, just thinking about it. Last time I got that hyped about a Deftones album, I ended up a little disappointed, so...trying to keep it cool, altho that Hearts/wires intro is not helping, at all.

I feel you.  I remember the hype for KNY and in some ways, it was justified.  However, it just wasn't really a special album to me.  It had it's moments though.

Yeah, agree. I'm just trying to keep my cool. Its kinda hard. If I only had heard Doomed User, for instance, i'd probably be kinda bummed, since I did not enjoy the song that much. P/T is cool, but that friggin H/W intro is fucking nuts...

phil for real

This will never leak!

BallZDeeP

It always leaks

phil for real

Not Gore.  Not gonna happen.  I'm confident in it.

kitesvera

To celebrate the release of Gore, Deftones will be performing a very special set at Amoeba Music in LA on 4/11. Purchase Gore in-store beginning Friday 4/8 for guaranteed admission. Details here: http://goo.gl/qBbjtA

gwenudo

If it was digital only, it wouldnt leak. But since both CD version and Vinyl versions are coming out same day, itll leak. Its hard to leak digital only music, but CD's are CD's. My local shop is getting it 3 days before release, im trying to see if i can by pass the embargo on it. Anybody on here, if you can please call your local music stores and see when will shipment come in for y'all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was it like it seemed?...

BallZDeeP

Quote from: kitesvera on Mar 31, 2016, 05:40 PM
To celebrate the release of Gore, Deftones will be performing a very special set at Amoeba Music in LA on 4/11. Purchase Gore in-store beginning Friday 4/8 for guaranteed admission. Details here: http://goo.gl/qBbjtA

Live release broadcast like DE?

gwenudo

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Mar 31, 2016, 05:44 PM
Quote from: kitesvera on Mar 31, 2016, 05:40 PM

Live release broadcast like DE?
Thats what it sounds like

phil for real

That'd be pretty awesome to see them play the album in its entirety.

gwenudo

Quote from: phil for real on Mar 31, 2016, 05:45 PM
That'd be pretty awesome to see them play the album in its entirety.
Doubt they would play phantom though seeing as neither chino or steph can play that solo

ANattyRat

Special set could be anything. Most likely playing the whole album (probably they'll just skip the solo on Phantom Bride), or maybe even just most of it. Hell, could be special because they'll actually play some rare songs. Crap, they need to livestream this, but it doesn't sound like they will. Just that people will be guaranteed access if they buy the album in-store. Just...for the love of Deftones, whoever goes, please be a dear and record the entire thing.

phil for real

They could just leave out the solo.

kitesvera

I doubt they play the album, probably just a decent chunk of it and some hits. don't think it will be live streaming either.

2MoreHours

Someone needs to Periscope that show!

ANattyRat

Quote from: kitesvera on Mar 31, 2016, 05:52 PM
I doubt they play the album, probably just a decent chunk of it and some hits. don't think it will be live streaming either.

Nah, no way it'll be livestreaming. Hopefully some hardcore fan will record the whole thing. Anyway, they said it'll be a special set, so it won't just be the usual.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: phil for real on Mar 31, 2016, 05:50 PM

Or maybe Cantrell jumps out of the shadows to rock the solo and then slips away into the night..
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

BallZDeeP

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Mar 31, 2016, 06:06 PM
Quote from: phil for real on Mar 31, 2016, 05:50 PM

Or maybe Cantrell jumps out of the shadows to rock the solo and then slips away into the night..

Thats what im thinking. Good publicity

guizz

I wouldn't mind just frank sampling the solo live and just play it in the middle of the song. I mean pre recorded guitar live is kinda weak but whatever, id prefer it that than ignoring the song completely if it's that great.