Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lurid Vega

Good luck man, high hopes

gwenudo

Quote from: RavinVsFlud on Apr 01, 2016, 01:20 AM
Quote from: Thomprint on Apr 01, 2016, 01:15 AM
was a lurker for awhile but after seeing all the hype that's bubbling up I had to register and post. I work at a store with a music department and we tend to get shipments of new albums a few days in advance. honestly, it never occurred to me to check and see if we got Gore because most of the artists I listen to only put out their songs digitally first. if this thing doesn't leak tonight I'll check in tomorrow and let you know if we've got it early or not. also, it seems like not a lot of people in here have ever worked retail. if an item comes up in the system with a strict sale date, it's not going to go through with a transaction no matter how many blowjobs you give, and I doubt anyone is willing to risk getting fired just to leak an album. that being said, if my store has it, I'll let you all know and post proof. maybe there's some loophole I can get around but don't get your hopes up.

I understand the logisistics behind why we can't purchase an album early. All I'm saying is if you wave a hundred dollar bill around, SOME motherfucker has got bills to pay that is willing to look the other way while we get new Deftones music.

I don't see the crime there. Just dedication and impatience
Kinda hard to wave a hundred dollar bill when your bank account says "$34.28" lol
Was it like it seemed?...

RavinVsFlud

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 01, 2016, 01:17 AM
was a lurker for awhile but after seeing all the hype that's bubbling up I had to register and post. I work at a store with a music department and we tend to get shipments of new albums a few days in advance. honestly, it never occurred to me to check and see if we got Gore because most of the artists I listen to only put out their songs digitally first. if this thing doesn't leak tonight I'll check in tomorrow and let you know if we've got it early or not. also, it seems like not a lot of people in here have ever worked retail. if an item comes up in the system with a strict sale date, it's not going to go through with a transaction no matter how many blowjobs you give, and I doubt anyone is willing to risk getting fired just to leak an album. that being said, if my store has it, I'll let you all know and post proof. maybe there's some loophole I can get around but don't get your hopes up.

That loophole is your cargo pocket

This! All day long! I mean, fuck. How is it that all them record store guys haven't even leaked a fucking picture of the artwork on the back or a backroad noise snippet of SOMETHING!?

xbloodycape

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 01, 2016, 01:22 AM

I understand the logisistics behind why we can't purchase an album early. All I'm saying is if you wave a hundred dollar bill around, SOME motherfucker has got bills to pay that is willing to look the other way while we get new Deftones music.

Kinda hard to wave a hundred dollar bill when your bank account says "$34.28" lol

$11.12 here
Broke as fuck atm but I literally get paid on the 8th so that's fuckin awesome

Edit: I'm 17 and in high school so it isn't that big a deal to be as broke as me

gwenudo

Quote from: xbloodycape on Apr 01, 2016, 01:23 AM

$11.12 here
Broke as fuck atm but I literally get paid on the 8th so that's fuckin awesome
I get paid on the 20th so yea lol

DFTNSHXGRM

I work at a retail store too.. we mostly sell wine and alcohol, and wagyu beef.. but maaybe a copy of Gore slipped and fell its way into the cargo. I'll go check guys, BRB

xbloodycape

Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 01, 2016, 01:25 AM
I work st a retail store too.. we mostly sell wine and alcohol.. but maaybe a copy of Gore slipped and fell its way into the cargo. I'll go check guys, BRB

I work at Walmart, I'm working right now, they just called me to electronics for a cleanup so I'll ask about gore

phil for real

Quote from: xbloodycape on Apr 01, 2016, 01:26 AM
Quote from: DFTNSHXGRM on Apr 01, 2016, 01:25 AM
I work st a retail store too.. we mostly sell wine and alcohol.. but maaybe a copy of Gore slipped and fell its way into the cargo. I'll go check guys, BRB

I work at Walmart, I'm working right now, they just called me to electronics for a cleanup so I'll ask about gore

get that album!

Thomprint

I mean, honestly, I am one of those guys. my half of rent on top of credit card debt has me pretty broke these days but I'm not ready to sink this life raft of a job just yet. I'll check back in tomorrow probably around 1 or 2 EST with an update but my gut says this leak is imminent in any case.

ANattyRat

Well, it doesn't have to go through with a transaction if you...steal it. You know? Albums have leaked for a long time, so obviously plenty of people think it's worth the risk. Are you willing to be brave???

gwenudo

Quote from: Thomprint on Apr 01, 2016, 01:27 AM

I mean, honestly, I am one of those guys. my half of rent on top of credit card debt has me pretty broke these days but I'm not ready to sink this life raft of a job just yet. I'll check back in tomorrow probably around 1 or 2 EST with an update but my gut says this leak is imminent in any case.
I live paycheck to paycheck.. Sometimes life sucks and all you need is a little deftones.... LEAK ALREADY DAMMIT

gwenudo

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 01, 2016, 01:29 AM

Well, it doesn't have to go through with a transaction if you...steal it. You know? Albums have leaked for a long time, so obviously plenty of people think it's worth the risk. Are you willing to be brave???
Not worth it when you got kids at home that need to get to school and need to be fed lol

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 01, 2016, 01:29 AM

You mean.. "Are you willing to do your country a service." We're counting on you.. or anyone that is skeezy enough to look the other way

DFTNSHXGRM

Oh come on man, don't bring the kids into this.
You get a pass.. ANYONE ELSE that doesn't have kids or a job with a hot sexy meth head girlfriend that can break into you're closest cd store and get this bitch?! Anyone?!

therealdaebat

I'm here for teh new deftones album. I heard it was releasing in two hours.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

Taurini82

Latest review

Ah, Deftones – the sonic molders of all that is beautiful and ugly in the rock and metal world are back for the eighth round.

The jarring, harsh screaming and up-front emotional singing of Chino Moreno has always been at odds with the thick bass lines and heavy guitars of their music, all of which are backed up by the tight and pristine drumming of Abe Cunningham, who is just the personification of the word 'groove'. It's this sonic mixture that has helped the contemporary icons captivate so many fans the world over throughout their career and also remain so relevant in today's often fickle music climate. That, and the fact that this band has written some absolutely killer songs throughout, which always helps.

Now, this may be a controversial thing to say but this writer doesn't think the band has released their best album yet (fight me). 'Diamond Eyes', 'White Pony' 'Adrenaline' and 'Koi No Yokan' are all very good albums, yes, but not one of them feels like the indisputable best of what this NorCal lads can truly offer up. (Also, notice how we didn't mention 'Saturday Night Wrist' and 'Around The Fur'...yeah). So, you're probably asking yourself, "Is this new record the best they've got or not? Fucking tell me now, Alex?!"

Okay, we will end your limbo-like suffering: 'Gore' is NOT the pinnacle of what Deftones' music can be, but, as per usual from the group, it's pretty damn solid.

But sadly, it's an album littered with a handful songs that are well, just fine. Songs like 'Doomed User', 'Xenon', 'Geometric Headdress', 'Acid Hologram', and '(L)MIRL', all of which tend to lean toward the heavy side of things, are just that – fine. There's nothing inherently wrong with them, but they sorely lack the energy and drive a lot of the band's other material contains and they only just get the job done. Oh, and then there is a song like 'Pittura Infamante', which is just the very definition of bland.

However! Usually, the best songs off a Deftones record are not the straight-up heavy songs (the key word there was 'usually', folks). Songs like 'Digital Bath' and 'Change (In The House Of Flies)' from 'White Pony' or say, 'Entombed' and 'What Happened To You?' from 'Koi No Yokan'. That is also the case here. The chilling soundscape of 'Hearts/Wires', the relaxed and wondrous 'Phantom Bride', which actually features Alice In Chains guitarist Jerry Cantrell ripping some great guitar parts on it, as well as the driving and spine-tinglingly climactic 'Rubicon', really are the main highlights of 'Gore'.

But to be fair, the title track is easily one of the heavier songs off the album and it is an absolute jam, showing just how well Deftones can blend their sounds and create their own brand of melody and brutality. It's like the new-age 'Hexagram' and that is only ever a good thing, people. Furthermore, the record's opening song and coincidentally its first single, 'Prayers/Triangles', also gets an honourable mention, as not only is it a bloody gem like the eponymous track, it is equally a grand example of the band's musical dexterity.

CONCLUSION

'Gore' isn't a bad record by any means but, compared to the band's pedigree, it runs the risk of being forgotten over time by a majority of die-hard fans and casual Deftones listeners. Perhaps the most annoying thing about this new record is knowing that for the next year or two while they tour on this album cycle, a decent amount of these new songs will be shuffled into the band's current setlist; thus replacing the older and vastly better songs Deftones have created, which is a shame.

Oh, and calm down ye rabid 'Tones fans about the release of 'Eros', if we wanted a handful of demos and unfinished songs we'd just go and troll through.

DFTNSHXGRM

I have a gut feeling that it'll be online around 3:32am. Dunno why, but that's my final answer Regis

BallZDeeP

I said it before and once again. I have money. I will take care of whoever gets it to us

Lurid Vega

I also have money on it.

phil for real

Who wrote that last review?  Absolute idiot.  Can't stand whoever did haha.