Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2MoreHours

That last little part of Rubicon leaves me wanting more.  Epic

77years

Quote from: Berserker_Armor on Apr 01, 2016, 01:58 PM
Some guy from a dozen pages back said he heard and/or had the album. Everyone gave him shit but he did mention Frank tore it up at the end of acid hologram.

Then that review that from a foreign site said this about acid hologram (translated):

Fine DJ gadgetry and a metal-heavy guitar at the last minute to show that the Deftones have their old and valued roots forget not.

So... I don't know, think that dude was legit.

He lost credibility when he didn't recognize stuff that was already confirmed

And compared 1 new songs to extremely varying 2 old ones

Hard to tell if what he was selling was right

teamlr

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Apr 01, 2016, 02:37 PM
That last little part of Rubicon leaves me wanting more.  Epic

This!!!

Lurid Vega

77years

Quote from: 77years on Apr 01, 2016, 02:38 PM
Quote from: Berserker_Armor on Apr 01, 2016, 01:58 PM
Some guy from a dozen pages back said he heard and/or had the album. Everyone gave him shit but he did mention Frank tore it up at the end of acid hologram.

Then that review that from a foreign site said this about acid hologram (translated):

Fine DJ gadgetry and a metal-heavy guitar at the last minute to show that the Deftones have their old and valued roots forget not.

So... I don't know, think that dude was legit.

He lost credibility when he didn't recognize stuff that was already confirmed

And compared 1 new songs to extremely varying 2 old ones

Hard to tell if what he was selling was right

Edit: maybe he was so fucking high he literally couldn't remember listening the confirmed clips... he came across like my former roomate Ralph who was so fried he got lost hiking and woke up on a military base having committed a security breach

illthrowROCKS@U

I'm really excited about the title track.  One reviewer called it a new-age Hexagram or something of the like....  WOW, that sounds fan-fucking-tastic!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 01, 2016, 02:55 PM
I'm really excited about the title track.  One reviewer called it a new-age Hexagram or something of the like....  WOW, that sounds fan-fucking-tastic!

Me too...but if it is like Hex, then I wonder why it wouldn't be the first track like Hex was before it.
Such a great opener.

gwenudo

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Apr 01, 2016, 02:56 PM

Me too...but if it is like Hex, then I wonder why it wouldn't be the first track like Hex was before it.
Such a great opener.
Probably because its not exactly hexagram and maybe it flowed better towards the end with the rest of the heavier stuff. Itll make sense when you listen to it, no need to question it lol
Was it like it seemed?...

77years

Yeah according to every single review, people are mentioning the song order and sequencing... this has always been a problem in my opinion (worst offender is SNW, and I think KNY is actually the best "flowing" sequencing of their albums)...

But multiple reviewers have noticed that the songs kind of cluster up and are stronger because of it

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 01, 2016, 02:57 PM
Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Apr 01, 2016, 02:56 PM

Such a great opener.
Probably because its not exactly hexagram and maybe it flowed better towards the end with the rest of the heavier stuff. Itll make sense when you listen to it, no need to question it lol

yo WHAT?? lol
Well I don't think P/T will be a great opener, considering most of us like it but don't love it. But who knows...

underneaththecar

so antsy right now guys

LG95

Developing a profound hatred for these people https://twitter.com/RockedReviews/status/715911667624845312

Until I hear this record, I despise everyone who currently has it.
I could float here forever

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: underneaththecar on Apr 01, 2016, 03:01 PM
so antsy right now guys

Hansel, so hot right now

pinata89

If they are premiering a new song Sun, i just don't see it leaking before then.😞

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lurid Vega

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Apr 01, 2016, 03:04 PM
Quote from: underneaththecar on Apr 01, 2016, 03:01 PM
so antsy right now guys

Hansel, so hot right now
Lmao

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

2MoreHours

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 01, 2016, 03:03 PM
Developing a profound hatred for these people https://twitter.com/RockedReviews/status/715911667624845312

Until I hear this record, I despise everyone who currently has it.

People who are flaunting the album are attention whores that have no life.  Most of them probably aren't even fans.

ClevelandCaliRyder

THE GODS HAVE SPOKEN

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: ClevelandCaliRyder on Apr 01, 2016, 03:19 PM

THE GODS HAVE SPOKEN

you had chinese for breakfast?

ClevelandCaliRyder

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Apr 01, 2016, 03:25 PM
Quote from: ClevelandCaliRyder on Apr 01, 2016, 03:19 PM

THE GODS HAVE SPOKEN

you had chinese for breakfast?

Leftover fortune cookies from last night.

cvthedrv

i hate this band.