Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RavinVsFlud

Pit tickets for Deftones in MI are going for $86 per. Spurge or no?

pinata89

Quote from: RavinVsFlud on Apr 01, 2016, 03:46 PM
That's insane. I paid like $60 for nice seats at the Ryman in Nashville

illthrowROCKS@U

I'm disappointed in the venue around me.  They're coming to Pier 6 in Baltimore, which I absolutely HATE.  I will never, ever, ever, sit in seats to go see a band.  I will only go to a show if I'm able to get the floor, but this is an outdoor pavilion with no floor.  There's the pavilion, and then there's the lawn.  I'd rather get the lawn than be confined to a fucking seat...  I wish they would have gone to a club like Rams Head in Bmore, or 9:30 Club in DC, or The Fillmore in Silver Spring, or if they were feelin really big the Verizon Center in DC or Royal Farms Arena in Bmore.  But whatever... I got my 6 lawns tix.  I'll deal, I guess.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

RavinVsFlud

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 01, 2016, 03:47 PM

$67.50. $86 includes the service charges. Saw em last year on a lawn in Cinci and in the pit in Columbus. Just would rather see them in the pit

Berserker_Armor

Nvm I fucked up.

pinata89

Quote from: RavinVsFlud on Apr 01, 2016, 03:52 PM

$67.50. $86 includes the service charges. Saw em last year on a lawn in Cinci and in the pit in Columbus. Just would rather see them in the pit
Lol dude that was my summer as well (except I had pavilion at Riverbend). But that GENADM show in Columbus was wretched. Such a great show, I walked out of there drenched in sweat.

punkflop01

Anyone catching them in Denmark for the Northside festival? Am gonna go for sure - great line up for that festival!

underneaththecar

I've seen them live like 8 times seems like forever since it was $20 in the 90's or something like that at house of blues

RavinVsFlud

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 01, 2016, 03:55 PM
Quote from: RavinVsFlud on Apr 01, 2016, 03:52 PM

Lol dude that was my summer as well (except I had pavilion at Riverbend). But that GENADM show in Columbus was wretched. Such a great show, I walked out of there drenched in sweat.

Im with yah! The c-bus show was one of the best shows I've seen em play. Fucking loved it! Looks like Michigan is the closest spot THIS summer. I will however be seeing them at Rock On The Range one Sunday (definitely looking forward to seeing Enter Shikari again at ROTR too)

DFTNSHXGRM

Son of a fuck.. I left for a couple hours, and it still hasn't leaked. Seriously, who has a sexy meth head girlfriend.. toss her into the nearest record shop and let her do what she does best. She'll walk out with 3 copies of GORE I guarantee it!

BallZDeeP

I dont associate with tweekers. I did ask my son to pull off a heist which is just as bad. He's chickenshit and im kicking him out tonight if he doesnt come through for us

kleptoned

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 01, 2016, 04:46 PM
I dont associate with tweekers. I did ask my son to pull off a heist which is just as bad. He's chickenshit and im kicking him out tonight if he doesnt come through for us
Sounds fair...

stu_101

*well that was a waste of taking a day off work. F5, repeat. *

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BallZDeeP

Quote from: stu_101 on Apr 01, 2016, 04:54 PM
*well that was a waste of taking a day off work. F5, repeat. *

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next friday would have been a smarter choice

plagasx

Wakes up... 10 new pages... No leak....

Sighs.

RaptureWS

I totally understand radio stations, websites, magazines, etc. not wanting to leak the album. A job is a nice thing to have. It really blows my mind though that physical copies of the album are just sitting in stores and not one has made its way online. IDK how distribution works, but in theory, copies of Gore could be arriving to more and more stores across the country by the hour. If that is the case, a leak surely has to come by the weekend.
Also, I am surprised 30 seconds clips haven't been loaded to Amazon yet. KNY clips were loaded 10 days prior to release. The good news is that this, right here- the waiting, the excitement, the page refreshing and most of all wondering what the album will sound like and trying to hear the songs in your head after reading a review-is the best part about Deftones album releases :) The boys are getting up there too, so we may only get a couple more of these. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Edited for grammar.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

BallZDeeP

Quote from: plagasx on Apr 01, 2016, 05:05 PM
Wakes up... 10 new pages... No leak....

Sighs.
Ive been awake since page 100

colonelsausage

RaptureWS

The translation is awful, but here is another review. https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://powermetal.de/review/review-Deftones/Gore,27977.html&prev=search

He says the title track "Gore" is brutal and states the song is a "direct cogener" to Knife Prty (cogener-a thing or person of the same kind or category as another).
I think he is means it is similar in terms of emotion and effect on the listener. Knife Prty is a lot of things but "brutal" is low on the list of words I'd use to describe it. Interesting read nonetheless!
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

77years

Sorry to brag to those complaining about their venue but the Orpheum Theater in New Orleans show is gonna be an absolute mindfuck. That venue is so insane... ancient theater destroyed by Katrina... flooded... abandoned... for sale... almost demolished for a freaking tourist trap... back from the dead and restored and badass and creepy. I took a bunch of pics of it and havent posted yet but I am looking forward to this show more than any show in years.