Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Blonde

While we're all anxiously awaiting "Gore", what's everyone got in rotation that's not from Deftones

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Mr Blonde on Apr 02, 2016, 05:43 AM
While we're all anxiously awaiting "Gore", what's everyone got in rotation that's not from Deftones

Lots of Cult of Luna, Callisto, and Minus the Bear these days.  Vertikal, Noir, and Planet of Ice respectively are great while I'm at work, because for me they are press play albums (no skips necessary) and I can just have youtube playing in the background while I get shit done.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

pinata89

Autolux "Pussy's Dead"

ANattyRat

letlive., Hail the Sun (small-ish but awesome band, check them out), Coheed and Cambria, Mars Volta (hate Antemasque, need Mars Volta back), Animals As Leaders, blah blah.

DFTNSHXGRM

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 02, 2016, 05:46 AM
Autolux "Pussy's Dead"

This and Moderate III

BlackDiamondSkye

Lately for me it's,  Shadows Fall - The Art Of Balance, Killswitch Engage - Incarnate, Lamb Of God - VII: Sturm Und Drang

iWally

Quote from: ANattyRat on Apr 02, 2016, 05:55 AM
letlive., Hail the Sun (small-ish but awesome band, check them out), Coheed and Cambria, Mars Volta (hate Antemasque, need Mars Volta back), Animals As Leaders, blah blah.

I'm listening the Coheed and Cambria's new album right now. Also, listening American Football LP a lot latelly.

teamlr

Boy hits car, Angels and Airwaves

Papa Prune

Listening to:
Weezer: the white album
Mickey 3D: sebolavi (French band that i.m seeing live tonight)
Odezenne: Dolziger strass (Another French band that i.ll see live in April)

While i'm waiting for a fucking leak of the new tones.

Mr Blonde

Some good stuff being posted.  I find Deftones fans usually have a wide array of stuff they listen to and overall good taste in music, so I like finding out about stuff I may be missing out on.

Pretty stoked for the new ATDI, Glassjaw, Thrice, Cult of Luna, and Deftones of course.  Gonna be a awesome year for music

Mr Blonde

I got City of Ships, Balance and Composure, Fightstar, and Clutch as my go to stuff as late

Val

Bohren & Der Club of Gore's "Sunset Mission"

BlackDiamondSkye

I've been listening to all of the other (real) albums during all this waiting and decided to rank them.

Around The Fur
Koi No Yokan
Deftones
White Pony
Diamond Eyes
Saturday Night Wrist
Adrenaline

Just my preferences, I'm curious how you peeps would list them.

laurapalmer

White Pony
Diamond Eyes
Saturday Night Wrist
Around the Fur
Deftones
Koi No Yokan
Adrenaline

kly617

Been playing a lot of Whirr lately. Waiting for the new Pity Sex album that comes out this month as well as Nothing's new album in May even though I haven't been in love with their 2 singles from the album.

jlaggot

White Pony
Koi No Yokan
Around the Fur
Diamond Eyes
Saturday Night Wrist
Deftones
Adrenaline

DE and ATF are close. Those first 4 tracks on DE were absolutely monster.

BlackDiamondSkye

Quote from: jlaggot on Apr 02, 2016, 06:39 AM
White Pony
Koi No Yokan
Around the Fur
Diamond Eyes
Saturday Night Wrist
Deftones
Adrenaline

DE and ATF are close. Those first 4 tracks on DE were absolutely monster.
Quote from: laurapalmer on Apr 02, 2016, 06:30 AM
White Pony
Diamond Eyes
Saturday Night Wrist
Around the Fur
Deftones
Koi No Yokan
Adrenaline

I love how the albums speak to us all differently

tarkil

Quote from: tarkil on Apr 02, 2016, 04:52 AM
So I checked one record store here, they don't have it yet, I've left my phone number, and they will call me back in case they receive it early. I have very little hope from them anyways, it's hmv...
I'll try another one I know in few hours, this one being small and indie, so hopefully I might get a bit more lucky (still pretty unlikely though, let's be honest).

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

And no go on the second one either, they will receive it some time next week...     😩

And on my side, I have Mastodon in repeat in my ears to keep me busy...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

neirda

The forum has just inscreased By 2 pages for the last 3 hours, depressing. Koi no Yokan's thread was much more active 6 days prior to its release...

My album ranking:
around the fur (was rotating non stop while playing Half Life, incredible)
white pony (digital bath, this song alone makes the album)
koi (like the mood, How it flow)
s/t (dark, depressing, took me ten years to appreciate it)
DE (brighter, punchy, a reel rebirth)
adrenaline
SNW: good songs (beware, cherry waves, combat), But the mix, the lack of coherence, and chino's exaggerated mellow voice ruins it a bit... (and rats is the ugliest song in the world)

I can't wait anymore guys.

Penicks

What's so depressing about it? Reading these stupid blog posts isn't interesting whatsoever